The Brown Hornet - as NEW 1971 240Z - SOLD

acf321

• Administrators

Are there many of them over here? I saw one in the car park at the Shannons Sydney Classic recently - first time i've seen a 914 in person.

It's a 914-6 though, bit different to the regular 914s.

Photos of that silver 1 appear to be in Victoria around Albert Park. I think I saw it on CarSales.com.au not long ago.

It's a 914-6 though, bit different to the regular 914s.

Photos of that silver 1 appear to be in Victoria around Albert Park. I think I saw it on CarSales.com.au not long ago.

Yeah, the one I saw was a 914-6 too (admittedly I have no idea of the differences besides the engine). Cant remember what colour it was now unfortunately.

Well done Adam, I know nothing about these but they sure are cool.

Assume you will be active on some Porschefile forum so please, please , please let us know so we can follow along!

Thanks Gents,

a quick lesson... there is a 914/4 - 4 cyl boxer... then a 914/6 - with 2.0 911 motor, and then the factory decided to race them. They built 47 and these are called a 914/6 GT. The car I have is a 914/6 GT replica ... with 3.2 Carrera motor and correct steel OEM guards. There are many fine details on the car I have not added, but just this week I bought the 10k Tacho, and 250KPH speedo. Needs 15" RSR spec Fuchs wheels - which I have ordered, and then the OEM alloy brakes etc etc .. I'll gradually chip away.  

• Moderators

Hi Adam

Thanks for the quick lesson. I have never know much about these cars but have never a bad word about them.

I would imagine putting the 3.2 in a car that size would make it serious fun to drive.

Enjoy the experience

Cheers

PB