Off Topic Youtube Thread

C.A.R.

• Administrators

I have a confession to make, I love watching people on the Internet loose their shyza. If you don't like language you may not like these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TpjCEVJbIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BrWuJWE104

I guess some people need a snickers..

• Administrators

That last one is gold.

If you like that, you may also like Ronnie Pickering.

The sad thing is, I suspect his partner in the passenger seat is subject to domestic violence at home.

I kinda have to agree with the car driver when it comes to that bicyclist. He was pretty far out in the road, on a single lane roadway, so where is the car supposed to pass him? He then went on to agitate the guy by confronting him and pushing his buttons. I find too many bicyclists think they own the road, because it's supposed to be shared, but they don't seem to understand that it works both ways.

• Administrators

I'm a cyclist myself, I ride to work daily. Thankfully I use a dedicated cycling path most of the time. I suspect in that video there is more to it than what we see at the start. Some people forget that on a bicycle / motorbike you are far more vulnerable than in a tin-can (car). I don't understand when people get upset over bicycle's on the road, overall cyclists are doing a good thing. They are reducing emissions, reducing the burden on the health care system and helping reduce congestion (less cars on the road).

Some people think they should be bullied off the road or driven over, I dunno. But there is definitely a minority mind set that they are scum simply for riding a bike. Sure I've seen some cyclists take up an entire lane riding 2 abreast and I think that's stupid but far more drivers ignore you or don't see you especially when riding at night. Even more fail to stop at pedestrian crossings.

So even if the bike rider was taking up a bit more of the road than he should, there's still no reason to blast by him, especially in an aggressive manner. I agree the cyclist shouldn't have followed him, nothing good is going to come of that, but he probably felt compelled to tell him off after driving aggressively near him. The problem is I suspect the camera doesn't make it look as close as it felt to the cyclist.

Pushing that guy's buttons in fairness didn't seem all that difficult. To get so worked up like that, I dunno but he's heading straight into a heart attack at a relatively young age. He did kind of deserve what happened to him, although I hope he wasn't seriously hurt. He did threaten to kill the cyclist and it was pretty vile behavior. The fact it was all captured on Youtube and viewed at least a million times is probably a good reminder for him also.

The fat bloke got what he deserved, what an epic face plant. ROFL! If he was injured tuff titties, he shouldn't have been such a tool.

Thing is you have to ride at least 1meter from cars because people open their doors without looking. That will put you in the middle of a single lane road.

I find it irritating when the cyclist cuts through everyone at the lights and you have to pass them again with lots of traffic around. They should wait in line like everyone else, it's safer for all involved.

The problem that exists between cars and cyclists is something I can't see ending anytime soon. I do a lot of my riding now on bike path because I feel safer and am sick and tired of being abused and sometimes run off the road. I obey the road rules, I stop at red lights, if I'm with a friend riding 2 abreast and hear a car coming we go single file so the car can past safely but still get abused. I hear what people say about cyclists running red lights and being all over the road and I hate that too as it gives cyclists a bad name but what about all the drivers breaking the law, speeding, tailgating, running stop signs.....you never hear the drivers mention that. I think the problem is people driving hate getting held up, whether its behind a cyclist or behind a driver doing 50 in a 60 zone.

• Administrators

Mark Hamil stars in Corvette Summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rdl-VhRSv4

Boy builds hot rod, hot rod gets stolen. :)

For those who haven't watched that far.

13 mins and 3 seconds in. Bit of a Datsun Easter Egg in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSNmQeJtGdI&t=13m3s

• Moderators

Some amazing stuff in that collection. I really can't believe that they still let public loose on the track in road cars with no separation based on performance.

Edited by PB260Z

• Moderators

I was lucky enough to get a couple of laps with Beau Yates in his AE86, one hell of a ride - but nothing compared to that MX-5 lap.

Amazing how they keep it all together.

• 2 weeks later...