Off Topic Youtube Thread

C.A.R.

• Administrators

Awesome, have been waiting for it, better put the jug on.

That door re-skinning process looks awfully familiar. They make it look easy too! But it takes a lot longer than 27 mins.

• Moderators

That door re-skinning process looks awfully familiar. They make it look easy too! But it takes a lot longer than 27 mins.

They make everything look really easy. A true sign of real skill (and good film production)

• Moderators

Honda 1964 SM600 @ 9500rpm = grins

The 240 gets a nod towards the end of the video.

Never realised that the little Honda sounded so good.

And what about the counterweights on the crank.

Thanks for posting  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I wasn't going to post this, but I sent it to another member and then I thought I'm sure others could relate.

Something about doing what you love.

• Administrators

This one is for Peter. Can't wait to see that 250! :)

Oh my.... these are the kind of skills being lost right now. What artistry, I can't imagine what it's like to build something like that from the ground up. Maybe I should move to NZ... pretty incredible.

Oh my.... these are the kind of skills being lost right now. What artistry, I can't imagine what it's like to build something like that from the ground up. Maybe I should move to NZ... pretty incredible.

No need for that Gav. Just build a chicken shed in the backyard and go for it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i cant remember if this was first posted on here or not, don't think it was but anyway:

"THE BEAST OF TURIN"

Fittingly nicknamed ‘The Beast Of Turin', the S76 was built in 1910 with the express intention of beating the land speed record, held at the time by Blitzen-Benz. As well as the sort of engine displacement normally reserved for supertankers, it boasted - by the standards of the day - some pretty cutting-edge hardware: four valves per cylinder, multi-spark and overhead cam technology helping it produce something in the region of 300bhp. 300bhp! In 1910!

Only two S76s were ever built. Pittaway discovered the remains of one chassis in Australia, and eventually united it with the surviving S76 engine from the other car.

They are making a movie length documentary about the rebuild, here was a sneak peek trailer that was posted somewhere a few months back:

Now they have it running and did a shake down run at goodwood, getting ready to run it at goodwood at the festival in a few months:

amazing! simply amazing... i love stuff like this!

Rudolf.

• Administrators

Why bother with the slow original engine? Just put a 2JZ or 20B in it no? Otherwise they might get beaten at the track by a spirited corolla no? :)

• Moderators

Why bother with the slow original engine? Just put a 2JZ or 20B in it no? Otherwise they might get beaten at the track by a spirited corolla no? :)

28.5 Litres would have an amazing sound, and possibly drink more than I  ;D

• 2 weeks later...