Off Topic Youtube Thread

C.A.R.

ok so this one is 99.9999% non Z related, but a Z does appear for about 1 second. Blink and you'll miss it.

I saw two - a green one passes them at 2:22 and again at 2:36, then an orange S30 with a black vinyl roof at the 6:44 mark.

• 1 month later...

This Stunning Coachbuilt Corvette Is The American Dream

Worth watching right through so you can drool over the rest of his collection.

Really nice car a pity we did not see a second generation from such gifted designer - if the grill and the headlights where tweaked it would be on well on the way to off the scale amazing - nice find!

• Moderators

Really nice car a pity we did not see a second generation from such gifted designer - if the grill and the headlights where tweaked it would be on well on the way to off the scale amazing - nice find!

....... and would have the front end treatment of a Ferrari 250GT :)

post-102365-0-93665300-1458864986_thumb.png

• Administrators

Rocky Auto again. Two videos in two weeks.

This must be an "RB"

The original dashboard is great, not sure how I feel about a modern 1 in there.

The original dashboard is great, not sure how I feel about a modern 1 in there.

That's the worst part about the car. I'm not a fan. I don't mind the whole RB swap as its a modern take on the S20 but not the dash.

• Moderators

Sheds like that seem such a waste.

It is not unusual for car dealers to collect a few old and interesting things, but they are usually safely tucked away in the back of secured wharehouses or garages.

Just last week I caught up with a dealer mate for a beer and had the chance to have a good close look at this old Aussie classic & and it was sharing the shed with an even more sort after old Falcon, but it that was buried under a whole lot of car covers and blankets. The only Japanese car in there was a really tidy KE70 Corolla

post-102365-0-58100200-1459517295_thumb.jpeg

post-102365-0-84261600-1459517574_thumb.jpeg

• Administrators

Very cool Falcon XC Cobra. I never thought a KE70 Corolla would be worth anything, perhaps that is the next 240k coupe? The drift tax crowd love to abuse them.

• Moderators

Very cool Falcon XC Cobra. I never thought a KE70 Corolla would be worth anything, perhaps that is the next 240k coupe? The drift tax crowd love to abuse them.

That particuar Cobra has very interesting past, one of the previous (documented) owners is a famous group C driver.

The KE70 had 80,000 on it and is pretty much as new - belongs to his mother in law and she is now in a nursing home.

The drift guys must replace the entire suspension set up in them and stiffen the chassis a fair bit! I owned one many moons ago and it was by far the sloppiness handling car I've ever driven.

• Administrators

Some of his other videos are very cool. I just love his Saab. Very cool car.

I actually found his channel because of the SAAB Sonnet, in the thumbnails it nearly looked like an S30Z. Then I was watching his videos and came across that 1. However I didn't want to admit I was looking at Sonnet's lol..They're quirky looking cars but it's obvious to me just how good the S30Z's were for their time when I compare the 2.

I actually found his channel because of the SAAB Sonnet, in the thumbnails it nearly looked like an S30Z. Then I was watching his videos and came across that 1. However I didn't want to admit I was looking at Sonnet's lol..They're quirky looking cars but it's obvious to me just how good the S30Z's were for their time when I compare the 2.

Well Gav I am guilty of the exact same error. The Sonnet in the forest half buried looks remarkably like a S30Z.

Classic.

• 2 weeks later...