C.A.R.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Trophies have arrived :)

Ash

Well done Ash, Look forward to seeing them. If we have any more rain up here you might have to bring some boat anchors so the cars don't slide down the hill, lol!

Weather is looking good, lucky it wasn't last Saturday. See you all soon, don't forget to bring a scaletrix car.

Cheers Gordon.

OK Girls the big day is nearly upon us. This is probably our biggest and best event we have all year so do try and come along with or without a Zed. It's always good to catch up.

I just purchased a massive tool kit from Repco this morning for $100- for the annual raffle. I understand a few kind people like Ashley and Bruce will be donating some great stuff for the raffle as well. So support the club. I will also be bringing along the ZEDCAR Stubby holders for sale as well. I don't want this to be a money making exercise but it is nice to have a bit of good quality stuff up for grabs.

Gordon has suggested throwing up a couple of cars on his hoist later in the day. So if you are keen let him know. I might put mine up there if anyone is interested in seeing my power steering set up.

We will also be using some of the Clubs money for the usual salads, Bread, Sauce, butter and a few soft drinks for the kids as well.

The waether is meant to be perfect. So looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

PS - For those interested in coming along to Tassie in Feb 2012 on our bi-annual trip we will be chatting about the trip locking in some dates and the route. Then booking theaccommodation the week after.

Cheers  Craig  :D

Ive got the trophies and a few items for the raffle ready (have not got a heap for the raffle as I blew my budget a bit on the trophies).

Going to bring some stuff as well (mini shop). So if you want to check out the quality, buy something or just have a browse.(hope that's ok)

I have formalized the trophy system a bit with a registration form (only a few things to fill out). And a voting system for the peoples choice to make it fair for all.

Also have tuned my slot car up for the track :)

As I mentioned before if anyone out my way wants to convoy up we will be leaving from my shop around 10am ish

Ash

Hi Guys and girls!

Was nice meeting you all today, perfect weather and lovely location if must say so!

Apologies for not staying long, could only stay a couple of hours (11-1pm-ish) as i had to hurry back to Melbourne to run errands

Wish i could have stayed longer, but at least i made it even if it took me 2 hours to get there  :-\....

Thanks to all that put together the event, was good to put faces to the names.

Seeing all those zeds together today has really re-sparked my motivation to get working on my zed which is great. Will definitely be attending next years event in my 240.

By the way i was 1 of 3 Asian guys wearing a grey jumper with glasses, that wasn't Freddy (Topstage)..and was driving a black Maxima  ;D

Hers a few snaps i took today. (Sorry could not work out how to make into Thumbnails)

Thanks Tai

20111203114907.jpg

20111203114920.jpg

20111203115249.jpg

20111203122114.jpg

20111203114128.jpg

20111203114830.jpg

20111203114835.jpg

20111203115438.jpg

20111203114843.jpg

20111203114902.jpg

20111203115350.jpg

20111203115443.jpg

20111203122049.jpg

20111203122101.jpg

20111203115428.jpg

By the way i was 1 of 3 Asian guys wearing a grey jumper with glasses, that wasn't Freddy (Topstage)..and was driving a black Maxima  ;D

I had to laugh at first when I read that post, but for all the right reasons.

But first thanks to Gordo for putting us with us all again, well done and a big thank you to you and your wife.

Now, why did I laugh ? 

OK, we are all enthusiasts of an Asian brand and classic to start with, but hell how Australia has changed, 30 years ago you would have been hard pressed to see a group of first fleet descendents celebrating Christmas with a mix of "New Australian's" let alone anything other than a Holden or Ford at a similar event, yet today we saw many sons of those first chain clad stripped pijamma pioneers along side wogs from Europe, South America and God knows what other corner of this planet, for all we know there may have even been a green blooded alien amongst us.

At one stage, someone I was speaking too asked me who was the new owner of Sulio's old ride and I looked across to the 3 (Asian) guys chatting to one of the first fleet descendents, I didnt reply with the Asian dude 3rd from the left but rather the bloke with the glasses amongst the 3.

Like my old man used to say, may he rest in peace "Gooot Kuntree Ostralia" and to all those radicals who watch us from distant shores and want to convert the infidels while posting propaganda on youtube via their Ifones while on the run in their GMC 4X4's, get a life, get a shave, get a Zed and come and meet a real Australian who's name might be Tai, Dimitri, or Gordo.

Cheers boys, Merry Xmas, and save me a parking spot for next year

I might just get there with the Bavarian Bastard one day.

John

I had to laugh at first when I read that post, but for all the right reasons.

But first thanks to Gordo for putting us with us all again, well done and a big thank you to you and your wife.

Now, why did I laugh ? 

OK, we are all enthusiasts of an Asian brand and classic to start with, but hell how Australia has changed, 30 years ago you would have been hard pressed to see a group of first fleet descendents celebrating Christmas with a mix of "New Australian's" let alone anything other than a Holden or Ford at a similar event, yet today we saw many sons of those first chain clad stripped pijamma pioneers along side wogs from Europe, South America and God knows what other corner of this planet, for all we know there may have even been a green blooded alien amongst us.

At one stage, someone I was speaking too asked me who was the new owner of Sulio's old ride and I looked across to the 3 (Asian) guys chatting to one of the first fleet descendents, I didnt reply with the Asian dude 3rd from the left but rather the bloke with the glasses amongst the 3.

Like my old man used to say, may he rest in peace "Gooot Kuntree Ostralia" and to all those radicals who watch us from distant shores and want to convert the infidels while posting propaganda on youtube via their Ifones while on the run in their GMC 4X4's, get a life, get a shave, get a Zed and come and meet a real Australian who's name might be Tai, Dimitri, or Gordo.

Cheers boys, Merry Xmas, and save me a parking spot for next year

I might just get there with the Bavarian Bastard one day.

John

You always find the right words John!! Was great catching up with everyone sorry I had to leave early!! Hope to see you all again soon!!

Wise words John. You should be a public/motivational speaker etc.alot of people would benefit from that and the world would be a much better place with individuals like yourself ;)

And Freddy's right this Forum really is a community, myself previously coming from 2-3 other forums of a different model car (will not name) those forums had no community spirit and so much hatred to one another...'my way and my way only' mentality..i must say Auszcar is a breath of fresh air. Smiles from all-round from what I saw today!. ;D

Was great to see everyone again and a big thanks to Gordo for the venue.

Nice also to talk to Craig and hear how good the Suby power steering works!

Firstly, thanks to Gordo for the perfect venue, Craig for his organising, Ash for the trophies and the raffle gear and my brother from another mother Lurchos and Janus for putting up with Jacquie and I for a few days.  We had an awesome weekend, it was good to put some names to faces.  The 7 1/2 hour drive each way was well worth it, and the car didn't brake down once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneone

Hi Guys, I would like to thank every one that came to the bbq on Saturday. What a great way to catch up with every one before Xmas. A great group of guys and girls, and it's a pleasure for Sharon and I to have you guys up here. At the end of the day we ended up in the barn watching the end of the V 8s race . Fantastic finish.

Scott, so funny.We watched your wife get into the drivers seat and 5 Min's later you drove down the drive way, we all scratched our heads and thought it strange that you swaped. Now it all makes sense. lol.