Jump to content

PB260Z

Moderators
  • Posts

    3,592
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    56

Everything posted by PB260Z

  1. Some amazing stuff in that collection. I really can't believe that they still let public loose on the track in road cars with no separation based on performance.
  2. Hi Guys Looking for anyone who can pick up a set of 4 Alloys (with tyres) from Melbourne and deliver to Sydney When: December or January Pick Up : Eastern surburbs of Melbourne - Dimitri's place Drop off : Anywhere in Sydney or even within a hour or three thereof. Happy to compensate for reasonable costs. Cheers PB
  3. Coathanger wire worked for me.
  4. Hi Benny When I needed a custom fuel line for the old Chev I just took the detail of what I needed to the local Pirtek branch and they knocked it up with the brass fittings etc in next to no time for about $50. Cheers PB
  5. I would be curious as to how many cars are left that have any chance of being return to running condition.
  6. Switch arrived today, Thanks Mate.
  7. Nice work Ian, will have a much closer look a little on. The number of 260Z's on the road is a lot lower than I thought. It is a real shame that in Aus we don't have the SOAR or similar whereby a car is not registered for road use but is still on the register as existing. Cheers PB
  8. I would make sure you have a charcoal canister and pcv, from my experience if they see both of those they will happy in most cases. Cheers PB
  9. It is often easier to seek forgiveness than get approval - Just sayin.
  10. Earthing via the unit chassis or casing is the reason why a lot of car audio gear will say "suitable for negative earth vehicles only" Poor earths are one of the most common reason reasons for issues in auto electrics. Cheers PB
  11. This build just keeps getting better. If you all get together in Canberra maybe a few of the Sydney guys might make the journey as well ? Geetng very very close to finished. PB
  12. I would say that the negative for the unit is achieved through metal casing, you will often find screw and nut on the back to hook an earth wire to. Cheers PB
  13. Hi Andrew That is one very neat starting point. You don't often see Z's come out of dipping looking that solid. Can't wait to see the next steps. Cheers PB
  14. Welcome aboard. Photo's not a rule but definately a good idea. Sounds like a reasonably solid car and I like thatbyou have a plan that includes getting someone in the know to check it out for rust. Good luck, and look forward to seeing more photos. Cheers PB
  15. Wow, that thing is a real mess, and caused by adding to much oil ?
  16. That is pretty cool, reminded me of James Bond 007.
  17. That sucks about the damage, I would have been mighty pissed at the airline Good luck with the sale.
  18. As most unrestored Z's are unfortunately.
  19. Gidday Walked into my office this morning to find a package of Z parts on my desk. Thanks heaps. PB
  20. Hi Mate PM is pretty easy. Click on their userid - this will go to a new screen. Click on send message Cheers PB
  21. Hi Mate I have a '77 2+2 at home, can take a couple of photos when I get back to Sydney on Monday. Cheers PB
  22. Gidday, I agree woth the previous comments, get someone with a good reputation and experience in Z rust issues to have a look at it. Rust is usually like an iceberg - you can only see the tip of it. Cheers PB
  23. Leyland all alloy V8's displace 4.4L - just a thought.
  24. Nice looking cars, and certainly unique, but for money I would rather a Z
  25. Welcome, As George said a lot of us are learning as we go, so don't stress on that front. Remember there are no stupid questions ony stupid answers. Cheers PB
×
×
  • Create New...