Jump to content

PB260Z

Moderators
  • Posts

    3,592
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    56

Everything posted by PB260Z

  1. Thanks Alan, but I picked one up yesterday. Cheers PB
  2. From memory ABC FM kicked off in '74 but FM didn't become mainstream until about 1980. I am old enough to remember 2MMM starting in Sydney. My '82 KE70 had an AM/FM push button radio and it seemed so hi tech at the time.
  3. PB260Z

    L28 Good Deal?!

    Yeah amazing how prices have moved.2 years ago I purchased a complete running and drivable, albeit rusty, Manual 280ZX for $700.
  4. Check out that radio, one for Gav.
  5. Yeah have taken the both the L28 and Manual box from the rusty old 280ZX that went reasonably well running a 3.7 rear, am hoping the lighter S30 body combined with the 3.9 will make it a bit more spirited.
  6. That is great news, you must be feeling relieved. What is the journey time SA ?
  7. And that is running 185/70-14 tyres, will be changing to 15" rims a little later.
  8. Hi, Have managed to find some Z time in the last day or two. I decided to replace the diff mount, that lead to removing the rear wheels and discovering a leaking wheel cylinder. Easy enough, available from the local auto shop - problem solved (already had a set of linings) While the diff was out ripped the back cover off and yep 39/11 = 3.54. That explains the less than spirited acceleration ! Decided I would take my time and start looking for 39/10 = 3.9 R180 diff over the next couple of weeks. While I was collcting the exhaust manifold today we got chatting about the project. I mentioned the 3.54 diff and the plan to look for a 3.9. My lucky day, headed home with not only the much needed manifold but also an R180 @ 3.9 on loan to see if I like the ratio. So I now have some work ahead me for the rest of the week. Clean and reassemble rear brakes Fit inlet & Exhaust Manifolds Fit 3.9 diff All in all a good few days in my Z journey Cheers Pb
  9. Maybe a little embarrassing, maybe not. I would think of it as the cheapest way to solve a driveline vibration - great news. +1 to running a spanner over the entire car, better to safe. Cheers PB
  10. Gidday Thanks to evrybody who responded either via the post, PM or SMS. I now have the manifold I needed, and another part that I will cover in the build thread. it is really encouraging the level of support you get from this group. Thanks again PB
  11. Hi Mate I went with ever popular Kings lowered springs and shorter top hats in the rear.
  12. I had a look for this when cleaning up my interior. Couldn't find anything , I didn't look that hard, so just sanded it back then painted it satin black. If you find anything that looks the part, I would be in for a length as well. Cheers PB
  13. Hi Mate Thanks for looking I appreciate it. I have a couple of other options so hopefully all good Cheers PB
  14. Hi I recall reading that someone was looking to collect used diff mounts to get reconditined in a job lot. I have just removed the mount from my car and before I toss it out would enquire does anyone want it ? Cheers PB
  15. Hi, Below are a coupe of images of the manifold I need. It is the factory standard exhaust manifold from a 280ZX (1981) and has a fiiting for the EGR pipe (needed for rego) It has two stampings on it 1327C on the inner side just below the centre ports JAPAN F54 on the outer side between ports 5 & 6 Any help greatly appreciated
  16. Well, what is left of one. All good got a new one from Warren a week or two back. Now to check the diff ratio and see what that tells me
  17. Found the source of the bump coming from the rear - no surprises really
  18. I have been thinking of putting a 3.9 R180 in the back of mine, I suspect it is a 3.545 currently. Are they (3.9s) hard to come by ?
  19. On a more serious note, were you happy with how it was performing (acceleration & revs at speed) ? If you were, just pop the diff out read the ratio on the crown wheel and post up a wanted thread. If you didn't like the performance before you will still need to know what ratio is in it to make an informed decision about what to fit. Either way, in my mind step one is the diff comes out. Cheers PB
  20. Ouch. I suppose the lesson for all here is to always check the reason for new leaks or noises.
  21. That was the original plan but two problems have come up - the bolts and especially heads are pretty much shagged and almost impossible to get under the injection manifold. Cant see them so looks don't matter, agree on the ease of assembly comment - turbo ? Maybe one day. The risk of stripping of threads in the head is a real concern especially given the difficulty in geeting them in under that manifold. After considering the comments above I am leaning towards going with studs. Thanks for the input. Cheers PB
  22. Hi, What are correct fixings for the manifolds on an L28 (the M8X1.25 ones) My L28 has bolts but the L26 that I removed had studs. I am assuming that bolts are factory correct ? But studs would make it easier to reassemble. Anybody got strong views either way ? Cheers PB
  23. Surely there is a way you can grease the wheels of bureaucracy and achieve the desired result without having to send the car all the way back.
  24. Well Done, Perseverance does pay off
  25. Merry Christmas All. Thanks so much for all the help with my Z over the year. Take care and travel safe. Cheers PB
×
×
  • Create New...