Jump to content

.

Members
  • Posts

    1,089
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by .

  1. Does anyone reading this actually have a sacrificial anode on their Zed without the ERP? Just wondering if an anode or maybe even multiple is worth attaching?
  2. If you are swinging by this area again I am happy for you to grab one of these to see if it satisfies or partially satisfies your requirement. You can't have both though as I want to keep one as a spare. Interesting that you are going from a Nissan box to a Toyota diff while I need a shaft to go from a Toyota box to a nissan diff.
  3. Hmm not sure what I have but I took a look anyway. I have two. both look the same except the length. one is 1070mm from the mounting face to the tip of the yoke. The other is 970mm. The yokes were identical with 65mm exposed and 55mm covered by the sheath thingy. although I did notice the shorter one had a couple of slots in the teeth and the longer one didn't. I have wrecked a few 280zxs and 260z 2+2 both autos and manuals so I'm not sure which these were from.
  4. Also the bulge to the side is much more pronounced on the R200. The R180 is almost symetrical by comparison.
  5. Do what I do. Just leave a heap of bits lying around in dim corners. That encourages the redbacks to hide under them. That should deter them from picking stuff up Although I think it backfired just before the last lapz at the lake when I got a couple of bites on my finger.
  6. .

    CH PLATES

    Move to brissy. We'll give em to ya as soon as you join.
  7. We need more information. Unfortunatly there are a few differing combinations in the 280. Firstly your 240z will have the Moustach bar to fit an R180. So if the diff from the the 280 is an R200 you will need to replace or modify your moustach bar. The most common combination in a manual 280 is an R200 with CVs. If this is your scenario then change your moustach bar and use your half shafts from the 240z (the CVs will not fit the 240z). There are 280s out there with R180s and uni joint half shafts. Mostly these are autos but I have seen a couple of manuals but I can't say for certain whether they were modified. I also can not confirm if the uni joint half shafts from a 280 will work in a 240z. But the R180 out of a 280 should plug straight in.
  8. Now you just need a tow bar and bike trailer.
  9. Thanks for the info. I probably will never get around to it. I have way too many experiments already. Plus I am now going down the ITB path so the injection plenums aren't a priority for me any more....although I guess I'll still have one on my 280zx
  10. Sweet! I wonder if you push some molasses through the ports if it would be a good way to open them up a bit. (I am thinking more about an EFI manifold)
  11. Sorry to hear the news also. I assume by the fact you haven't mentioned your health that you managed to escape without injury?
  12. As the title suggests I have an Electronic dizzy for sale. I am after $85 for the dizzy and separately a set of 5 series 1 280zx wheels for sale (The iron cross style). I am after $40 for the set of wheels. I kinda need cash so if you are quick I will consider offers. Thanks Greg
  13. .

    Cheap rego & insurance

    I wish we had that system up here. I'd have both my zeds on club rego. At the moment I only have my 240 on club rego here in QLD. It allows travel within 15K of home for testing. It allows travel to and from a mechanic to have work done. It allows travel to and from events which are organised by your club or which you are representing your club at. You need to be a club member to apply club rego (actually concessional Rego) to your vehicle. Technically you are supposed to remain a club member but I know a lot of people don't because Main roads never check. Its actually more complicated but that's a summary in a few sentences.
  14. .

    lead loading

    I am wanting to try my hand at lead loading. I am wondering where I would find the lead and flux? I know my father used to use it in the dark old days when he was a roofing plumber. He used it to seal the joints in gutters. Any ideas?
  15. Now all you need is an aussie car....just make sure its a GTO not a Mercury Capri (They are the only two aussie cars I know of that we sent over there) If you spot a tacho from an L28 with an optical sensor please let me know.
  16. Bog it. It works for everything else
  17. Yeah, I'm sure they will make the plastic table more powerful
  18. I have received mine and I have mocked them up on an old head. Please note this is only a test fitting, I know its not quite right.
  19. G'day Mate, Hope ya has a bonza beauty time on our forum down unda. Seriously though, welcome and make sure to post some pics. My wife will be making a trip back home to the USA in a few weeks. Not me though I'll stick here and tinker with the zed.
  20. Any chance they might arrive before early September? I'd love to have it in before my next big event.
  21. I think I should change my name to Bogan.
  22. The more I post the less people take me seriously....I can't understand why
  23. Nice work. I hope my engine starts that easy when I finish it.
  24. Are there any members in the area that could drop by to take a look?
  25. Last I heard they were still available from Nissan for about $100 or so.
×
×
  • Create New...