Jump to content

620Z

Members
  • Posts

    1,742
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 620Z

  1. Some bloody nice cara there Dave. We learn more about you every say. Ha And now onto a Zed project completely different from your others. Remember enjoy it when finished. Cheers
  2. Personally I reckon bolt in's still have movement and only do half the job. Weld half a cage in and if worst comes to worst just cut it out. Easy.
  3. Jamo you can't even compare a Commodore to a an old Zed. On a Commodore the engine is set back and braced very well. As you know a Zed has a ver long bonnet with the engine miles in front of your legs. I can tell you normal driving the Zed flex's massively even in standard situations. Personally if I was Dave I would weld in a number of braces and just not do the cross sections around the doors. Maybe bolt them in and out as required.
  4. I agree Dave, But while it is stripped you should be putting in some sort of cage to stiffen the body. Zed bodies flex a hell of a lot. It's now or never if you are going to do a good clean job that is hardly noticable. This will help it's drive ability and stop the wandering on the road not to mention safety.
  5. Dave you know if you spent this much time and energy on a different name brand car like a falcon GT or mustang you could end up with an 80K car. But sadly with the Zed it will still only go for 35K maybe. Just make sure after all this bloody work you hang onto it. I have known to many people to finish grand projects and then almost give them away because they are over it. Here's to many happy yours of you driving and enjoying it when it's completed. Cheers Craig
  6. More over just bad timing. We will give it another go in a month or two. Till then get your Zeds going guys.
  7. Hi guys it's been a while and a few of us are thinking of going for a Zed drive. We are thinking of leaving around 10am from Lilydale. So if you are interested in coming along then let us know on here. Attendees: Craig - Zed Gordon - Zed Ben - GTR Cheers Craig :-)
  8. Geez Dave I cannot believe the amount of work you have put into this car. If U were you I would do some strengthening of the body to accommodate the new engine. You should be able to do this in many hidden ways. One I would do for sure to lesson the vibration when the car is under hard acceleration is support the gear box mount in the tunnel. I would be welding in an over size plate and then some runners 6-12" either side of the plate down the tunnel. This is something I need to do on my car. I reckon this is where the last of the vibration is coming from in my car. Look forward to seeing it on the road one day. Just don't get sick of it after 12 months and sell it like most do. Never to be seen on the road again. Cheers Craig
  9. 620Z

    MSCA PI sprint.

    Yes was a good day. Weather was perfect for racing. Shame about the greasy track I am sure you can better that time with a cleaner road surface Gordo. Good to catch up again Peter. Steve I hope the repairs are quick, easy and cheap. There is nothing worse than seeing guys damaging their pride and joy. It can put you off the track days. That GTR was pretty damn quick. Fun day out and my boys had a ball watching. Cheers Craig.
  10. Hi not trying to hijack this thread. But I go a PM question about my power steering conversion. My link is here (below) which they must not have found. Just trying to keep it all linked together for someone considering a conversion. Cheers Craig http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9607.0.html
  11. Looking good Dave. How long to go?
  12. If you are running out of room then it would seem to me you haven't moved your engine back far enough. I have a chev in my car and have heaps of room. Even enough to put an oil can if I was to go with a dry sump. Unless your engine is back as far it will go your handling will always be terrible. Take it from someone who has had both. The last thing you want to do is all this work and then realise it hadles like crap andthen spend$3,000- moving the engine later on. Just a thought.
  13. Boy's the weather is looking good. My Zed is going gang busters and Gordon is racing his 240Z at the Island this coming Sunday. I am thinking of driving down for a look. I might leave around 10.30-11am for alook. I usually only stay for a couple of hours. If anyone is interested in coming along then let me know and we can set up a meeting. Maybe at the Stamford Hotel cnr Stud & Wellington Road. I go down the Hwy to the Koo Wee Rup turn off and avoid Cranbourne. Interested parties let me know on here and we can lock down some details later in the week. Cheers Craig
  14. Check the fine print of the contract. Did you say your Zed or any Zed? Otherwise get someone else in a quicker Zed to go up against him.
  15. I will still be coming along for a look. Not going to the snow now so some spare time. See you there. Hopefully a dry track.
  16. Yeah was awesome. Even a bit scary. I love the phot's guys.
  17. Gents I don't want to rain on your parade. But unless you have a real fast Zed and I mean real fast and take it on the track then I reckon you wouldn't notice any difference having a defuser. Unless you are just going for the look. If all you Zed fans are after aero dynamics then you need to start at the front of the car. Not the rear. That would be with a G-nose. Other wise you really have a massive parachute at the front if you are running a standard front grill. Not enough down force with a standard front to even make a rear defuser work in my opinion. Then you would need a big wing at the rear to keep the wheels on the ground at high speed. Oh and you will need a fast motor as well. Then and only then would I be looking at spending money on a rear defuser. But even then if you are running a standard rear bumper you are creating unsettle air turbulance around the rear simply by the way it is attached. Personal opinion only.
  18. You can buy them on line from the Sates. I did mine with nothing special. My panel beater convinced me it would work just to weld a bracket to the existing hinges and it works fine.
  19. Glad to hear the new / refreshed motor is going gang busters Gordo. Finally you have what you wanted. As we know sometimes we have to pay a little extra to get it done properly but we know we actually save money in the long run. Not to mention a big smile on our faces. Ha. Look forward to seeing your car at Sandown for a trouble free day. Not to mention some nice lap times. Cheers bro
  20. Dave you really going to do it all again. I have loved all your builds and look forward to seeing another quality project. But please make this one a keeper. You need to enjoy the driving experience rather than gifting it out. Keep us advised of your return. Will look forward to catching up for a beer. Cheers Craig.
  21. Just get an extended hose and sit the pull start blower on the passenger seat. Good for a quarter mile or going down the straight at Calder.
  22. I have known a few key barrel's to get worn out. This stop's the car cranking. I would be checking that before the Starter.
  23. I hope to come along for a look. Will drive the Zed out if it is dry. Like I said to Gordon I will do a sprint or two when the weather gets better. Closer to end of the year. Looking forward to see how Gordon's Big Mac enhanced Zed goes. We are tipping his best ever time in this Zed. That is with out broadcasting the proposed number. Ha Let's hope it is an dry, incident free day.
  24. OK thanks for the clarrification. I understand now.
  25. Looking nice Peter. Gordon will be chomping at the bit to take this for a drive down at the Island. For us lay people or V8 munga people. Can you explain the solid cam vs internal set up. Are we talking vs a roller cam?
×
×
  • Create New...