Jump to content

620Z

Members
  • Posts

    1,742
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 620Z

  1. Yep new pads are in Bruce. My car is ready to go as well. Good idea wiper blades Gordo. Might have to get some. Going to be a great trip as usual. Cheers
  2. In my experience all dyno's vary in their measurement of Klw's or Bhp. So comparing them for peak power can be misleading. But torque or power curve would obviously look ok. Cheers
  3. I say add $10,000- to your budget. But I hope not for your sake. Good luck with it.
  4. Nice looking car. Always had a soft spot for the ZX's. Nearly bought one myself all those years ago.
  5. Yes John those are the rear Vette lights I was thinking of. Thanks for putting up a better pic. If I was to change they would probably be my preference. I love the red Zeds rear posted above those rear lights as well. Looks great.
  6. Yes true Rev. That is probably why I stuck with the original rear lights on my car although I did make some slight mods so cleaning wasn't such an issue. I got rid of the silver by smoothing over the rear light surrounds. But changing the rear lights does change the character of the car.
  7. I looked into this a long while ago for my car. I was going to get the Corevette rear lights only not the round or ovel ones, I was going to get the squarer looking ones. Maybe 84 model? I think they look much better than the round ones because the Zed's rear shape is actually almost square on each side not round. Would look much better. Maybe someone can find a pcture to show what I mean? http://www.zip-corvette.com/GroupDetails/GroupLanding2.aspx?gid={7ab20341-7cb0-4178-920d-dc2eb5d34d73}&SearchType=_GROUP_SEARCH&GroupName=Exterior+Accessories& Cheers
  8. 620Z

    Forum Battle 2012

    Hmmmm I could be tempted if others were?
  9. Hmmm thanks guys. Think my old one was painted a nice black when it was cleaned and flush 5 years or so ago. So that probably doesn't help either. I am leaning towards ordering this one in the new year. Still looking for an experts opinion. Ha
  10. Ok you guys got me going as my car runs warm some times. So I find the biggest Chev radiator and it's the same size as my old metal one for $300- off eBay. My question is, would an alloy radiator same specs run cooler than a metal one? I intend putting in an oil cooler soon but should I do the radiator at the same time? Cheers
  11. Hi Gareth, Gordo has modified his strut towers to lean in dirtier to fit the Tyres under the guards. Yeah took the car out yesterday and the power steering makes the car a pleasure to drive. Not sure what my offsets are but I run 17 x 9" mags. I have flared the guards an extra 20mm all round now so will order some 18 or 19x10 for the rear as I can fit 275s now no worries. Maybe the magical 285's but we shall see. Just waiting on tatts to come in.
  12. Hi I thought Gordon ran 255's front and rear. But he has special mods on the front. I have coil overs and run 255's on rear and 245's on the front. That is the max width you can run under a 2+2 with out modifying the guards with the perfect offset. That I know of.
  13. Boys this is a great Youtube video of the December 2011 Xmas party that Gordon's son prepared. Gives a good indication of how the day went. Around 24 Zeds came to the event. Enjoy.
  14. Yep 7 people are booked on the boat and all accommodation done. So if you want to get one board give us a yell guys. Cheers
  15. Yes I have to say this is a touchy one Lou. It's almost a year to the day. I am not sure selling the car here is the right thing to do given that Kyle did leave his car to a very close friend and member on here. Hmmmmmmm PS I did miss Kyle last Saturday. :'(
  16. OK Tassie fans looks like we have 11 people coming long on our Tour of Tasmania this time. At this stage I am penciling in the dates as Tuesday 14th Feb catch the boat over 7pm and catch the boat home Tuesday 21st Feb to arrive in Melbourne at 6am 22nd Feb. Total days away 7 days as usual. We will go through the itinery at Saturdays (tomorrows) BBQ and lock in the route and dates. Let me know if anyone has a problem with these dates. Welcome on board Dale form Ballarat it's been a few years since you last came along. Steve (Chev Zed) and Martin (Wildy55) can you guys give me a % guage if you are coming along. Everyone please be prepared to start booking the accommodation next week. We have left it late and don't want to miss out on the good places to stay. Any questions let me know. Cheers
  17. OK Girls the big day is nearly upon us. This is probably our biggest and best event we have all year so do try and come along with or without a Zed. It's always good to catch up. I just purchased a massive tool kit from Repco this morning for $100- for the annual raffle. I understand a few kind people like Ashley and Bruce will be donating some great stuff for the raffle as well. So support the club. I will also be bringing along the ZEDCAR Stubby holders for sale as well. I don't want this to be a money making exercise but it is nice to have a bit of good quality stuff up for grabs. Gordon has suggested throwing up a couple of cars on his hoist later in the day. So if you are keen let him know. I might put mine up there if anyone is interested in seeing my power steering set up. We will also be using some of the Clubs money for the usual salads, Bread, Sauce, butter and a few soft drinks for the kids as well. The waether is meant to be perfect. So looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. PS - For those interested in coming along to Tassie in Feb 2012 on our bi-annual trip we will be chatting about the trip locking in some dates and the route. Then booking theaccommodation the week after. Cheers Craig
  18. Go Loui. I spoke to Sulio last week and he is talking about coming along on his own as well. I will try and get out and buy another big tool kit for the raffle. I will also try and buy some extra stuff like drinks and lollies for the kids. The weather is looking OK. Should be a great day as usual. Cheers
  19. Some people have to much time on their hands. Whilst I admire the massive task you are undertaking. surely when all is done and completed the cost and time would not out wiegh just getting a 2 seater. Especially when looking at the resale value presuming it is going to be a road reg car. Each to there own. :-\
  20. I got my electric window kit from the Z Garage in the States. They work fantastic.
  21. Hi Steve, We cancelled the eeting because a few people couldn't make it. so we are planning on having the meeting at the Xmas BBQ on the 3/12/11 where we will lock everything down. If you come along for that then you are of course welcome to help us lock in some things. Otherwise after that date I can call you and discuss the dates, itinery etc. Cheers
  22. Well this is the age old question. I have been having this issuue for years and now mine is very minor after changing everything in the drive line. I a, a bit different because I am running a V8. But if everything is done/changed for new like mine. My last option is to strengthen the tunnel where the gear box attach's to it. It's only thin sheet metal taking big loads when under acceleration. So that is just another option to consider. For me my next option will be to maybe cut some chrone molly in half and weld it to the tunnel either side of the gearbox mount for a foot or two. Won't be the nipple. Good luck.
  23. I went with Mazda MX5 electric mirrors. Well I like them.
  24. Hey Bruce sorry to hear about the incident. Glad you are OK. Silly old duck needs to be taken off the road. Cheers
  25. Hi out of interest what was the speed the 260Z did for the land speed record. Just so I know what to beat. Can PM me if off topic?
×
×
  • Create New...