Jump to content

620Z

Members
  • Posts

    1,742
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 620Z

  1. Hmmmm good to see you going all out Gordo. Looks like it will be a stinker.
  2. I could be tempted depending on the weather. Simon can you edit the heading with the date. So many changes people might be unsure. Cheers
  3. Simon make sure you sign the NDSOC contract (Code of conduct) agreeing that you will abide by all road rules or risk expulsion into ablivion if you fail to follow any road rules to the letter of the law. Have fun.
  4. Just a word of advise. If this is a 6 year project then paint should be the last thing you do. If the car is in and out of mechanics places and various other garages for work, or even your own for that matter. The last thing you want to worry about is scratching, denting or what ever with the paint work. And it will happen if working around it for 6 years. Do everything else then paint it. Besides you might lose interest over 6 years like many others on here and you will have wasted your money on your paint work. As we all know you won't be getting your money back. Have fun and good luck with the project.
  5. 20th sounds good Simon. I would like to see us start a cruise every 2 months. Just to make sure we are out and about on a regular basis.
  6. Ha Ha damn mothers day. We should bring the mums along. The 20th is probably better from then. But you guys work out a date and I will see how we go. I would hate Simon to work the dates around me.
  7. Yeh 13th sounds good to me Simon.
  8. I notice the V8's are on that weekend as well. I think Gordo and I might have a BBQ on Sunday the 27th. I am keen for the 13th? But I will go with the flow.
  9. Yeah Simon hI had been thinking that same thing. I am up for the cruise. I have a bit of a party Sat night soe hopefully I am not to hung over. Not to early a start on the 20th if that's going to be the date. Haven't driven my car since Tassie. So keen to take it for a burn. Cheers
  10. Ahhhh Tim you have only had the car a few years. In that time you have been very passionate about your build. You will find it hard to seee it go. Because you will probably lose heaps of cash on it why not do what most V8 Zed owners do. Hang on to it and take it out only a few times a year. But those times make it all worth while. Do the family trips in your other car.
  11. Sounds good Mick. We did Baskerville maybe 8 years ago on one of our Tassie trips. Was a great little track, you would love it. I am glad your car is running so well mate. Cheers
  12. Nice work Mick. Might be time for some power steering if you keep up those motorkanas. What times were you guys getting at Baskerville? Cheers Craig
  13. This 3.22min video puts the great Carbon Tax lie to bed plain and simple.
  14. 620Z

    Mount Alma Mile 2012

    If only the GTR owner had a bit of ESP to see what was coming.
  15. 620Z

    Mount Alma Mile 2012

    That R35 looks pretty nasty. Poor bloke. Sort of makes you question the whole "fun" thing about motor sport. Kev's car looks and sounds insane. I still struggle to fathom the amount of time and money he has put into that car. And the fact that his passion is still 100% full on, or so it seems. Most people sail off into the sunset after 5-10 years. I couldn't see any car beating him really. Good on him.
  16. You'll keep Simon. About time you got some good quality machine work done Gordo.
  17. My Car weighs around 1,320kg and has 320klw's at the rear. 6.2 litre V8.....wesome to drive. For the record the weight is 50/50 front to rear.
  18. Brucy get your arse or is that car into gear for Thredbo next February. But yeah Tassie was great as usual. And the driving absolutely unbelievable. No one who hasn't been would understand. I thought I couldn't top it. But one drive day on the last trip was one of the best in my life.
  19. Yeah I normally do a write up of day by day happennings. But there didn't seem to be much interest so I didn't worry about it this year.
  20. Wow I never read this post till now. Man the endless debate. I'm not getting into it but will make one statement. Climate has been changing on earth since the dawn of time, hundreds of millions of years. Do you really think things have changed massively in the last 50-100 years? Maybe it's just a cycle? 10-12 years of drought and all the dooms dayers said it would never rain again. Well the last 2 years have proved that to be a load of crap. But I am glad we have a 28 billion dollar desal plant that will never be turned on. Show me the money. But we will pay. The Australian Labour Government and many others around the world are simply spreading lies about climate to suit their own agenda's. Carbon Tax has only been intorduced in Aust because Labour has to introduce yet another Tax to try and make one of their promises to bring our books into positive territory after throwing all our money down the drain. Sadly it won't happen even with this tax. I am sorry to say but climate change has nothing to do with caring for the world but more to do with politics and money. Since Labour passed their bill (revenure raiser) they haven't said another word about the state of our climate. Don't get me wrong. I am a greenie. I am all for not chopping down rain forests. But for different reasons other than introducing new tax's. We will all pay the price and the temperature here in Australia won't change from the average. Don't be conned. Shutting down our coal power stations here in Aust for Carbon will do nothing while we still mine it and send billions of tons of the stuff overseas each year. We suffer the tax while the rest of the world benefits and polutes using our coal. Why not just tax what we send over seas to pollutant countires and use that tax to subsidise, what used to be our great lucky country. But if we really cared about Carbon and coal why wouldn't we stop or reduce the coal mining here for export? Oh more MONEY for Australia! But don't get me started........................ Ha Ha Over and out.
  21. 620Z

    L28E to L28ET?

    I just want to see people stop talking about building their cars and finish them. Surely driving them on the road is better than working on them in the garage for years on end. We will have to do a drive day in a month or so before winter. Brush the dust off and go for a cruise. Peter I know you are an individual and would love to have a unique Zed up and going. I for one would like to see you keep one of your projects for the enjoyment of driving.
  22. 620Z

    L28E to L28ET?

    Ha ha ha ha that is a pisser Lurch. I too have been holding back except for the Chev remark. Growing older and wiser by the minute grass hopper.
  23. OK Gents, I haven't done this for a long time. An update of the Vic Bank Account is as follows:- I deposited $278- a few weeks back with funds from the last 2 Xmas fund raisers, being the raffles and Stubby sales. We spent $100- cash on the last Vic meeting being for Pizza & Drinks Take out some Bank Fees. Closing Balance of the bank account as of 6/3/12 is $707.19. (We are not holding any cash on hand now) That should cover a few more meetings. Well done to all we are holding our own with out the need to always ask for cash. From you friendly treasurer. Craig
  24. 620Z

    L28E to L28ET?

    Just put a Chev in it and be done.
  25. So John is this event dead in the water? If not you really need to organise a committe and get the ball rolling. As a side issue we are all talking about doing a Speed event at the SA salt flats in about a years time. If your Cannonball run does not go ahead maybe down size it to the Speed event? Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...