Jump to content

C.A.R.

Donating Members
  • Posts

    6,915
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    470

Everything posted by C.A.R.

  1. Seats & arm rests SOLD. I've had lots of interest, but as soon as $ was mentioned people vanish into the ether...
  2. Gav, #149 has it's original rocker cover still fitted - I know because Gordon told me so when I quizzed him if it ever had a 2400 R/Cover... Didn't Aubs mention in a previous post that he believed only the first 50 HS30's in Aus. had the 2400 R/Cover fitted?
  3. Yes, it's on again! And it's the 10th Anniversary of the event too! Date is the weekend of August 1st & 2nd. http://www.6hourrelay.com.au/index.html Come down & watch me in the 240Z go around & around & around & around & around & around & around........ I'll be in Garage 6 - 'Team Wildhunde' along with a MR2, MGB, AU saloon car & a 370Z. Entry is free for spectators too I hope to see some AusZcar people there!
  4. Nice pair of Mugumbos that bird in black is sporting.
  5. For Sale: 260Z 2+2 Black rear seats in reasonable condition. Foams are in good condition, Only damage is the top of the seat back - see photo. Could do with a good scrub with some Vinyl cleaner, though. Price: $100.00 I'd prefer pickup but I can freight them at buyers expense. PM me if you're interested. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Black arm-rests from 2+2. In good condition. Price: $40.00 I'd prefer pickup but I can freight them at buyers expense. PM me if you're interested.
  6. Monaco is one of a handful of free to air F1 broadcasts for this year Chris.
  7. Bah, tis any easy fix. Jack it up & place it on Axle stands, get 2, 14mm spanners & unbolt it from the car. Then replace it with a new R-series Hardi Spicer Universal Joint.
  8. Is this For Sale yet?
  9. Stickied! I went a couple of year ago & it was a great event. Count me in
  10. CV or UJ? Post a photo so we know what you are on about, please.
  11. I came across this on bookface & I thought everyone might want to know... FourWays Eng in the UK have just imported two 240Z's into the UK from Australia! > Obviously the exchange rare & the demand for rust free Zeds in the UK is increasing. https://www.facebook.com/FourwaysEngineering Here is the Red car for sale before it was shipped: http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/cars-for-sale/1971-DATSUN-240Z-SPORTS-JCM3556747 It's something to keep in mind if you are selling your Zed - 'who exactly are you selling it to?' We don't have many left & we don't need other country's poaching our Zeds!
  12. Thread bump! Guess who's Early Girl is in at LCR! Graeme got in touch with Les about getting his gearbox rebuilt (after seeing the ads I'd been posting on this forum about the gearbox's I was selling), as it was getting fairly tired after doing many competition events over the last few years. There were a couple of issue's: One was that Graeme's gearbox still had steel synchros (Porsche) & for a competition car it really needed to have brass ones fitted (Warner). Secondly, while it was CR 260Z gearbox, they are a bit too short & the shifter comes up through the wrong spot in the shifter hole. This makes the shifter position very un-ergonomic! The solution? Use the 260Z CR gears in a longer 71C gearbox! (photo placeholder) But first, a custom cross-member has to be fabricated as the 71C rear extension housing is longer & the original gearbox cross-member won't line up. More photo's & info to come shortly
  13. Brand new - surplus to requirements. $40.00 posted. PM me if you want it.
  14. You own a time machine?!
  15. You don't pay VAT on items purchased, then shipped out of the UK
  16. Gareth, you need a minimum of 120thou bore wall thickness AFTER boring to your desired size. 'Correctly' sonic testing the block before boring to pinpoint the thinnest part of the bore, is the only way to determine where you can bore & how big you can go. Check out this photo of a L28 block that Les milled the top off: (Don't despair - that block had a dirty great big crack running along the deck between the stud holes. It was only ever going to be scrap). It's standard 86mm bore N42 block & if you look closely you can see how much core shift it has in the bore walls. After going through & sonic testing 10's of L28 N42 & F54 blocks for customer stroker builds, Les has found no difference between the two types of block castings in relation to bore thickness's. 'Most' L28 blocks can safely be bored to 88.5mm (some like Gav's can't), a very small number can go to 89mm, and I've only seen two that can tolerate a 90mm bore safely (Owen's and the US L34). It's just all pot luck - you can can't tell until the block is acid bathed & sonic tested.
  17. 160thou.
  18. They are for the US 5mph impact bumpers - you can fill them in
  19. Very sad news
  20. I believe this is a suitable place for this photo of Simin (Luvemfast)...:
  21. Another mad creation from LCR - the Nissan 2.6ltr BDKA Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7udSv8hj9I More info here: http://lescollinsracing.com/engine/projects-engine/bdka-racer
  22. I also have one. It does what it is supposed to. Sorry, mine is not for sale.
×
×
  • Create New...