bastards that broke in to my shed

peter mc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that pete, I know it feels horrible to have things stolen from you.

Glad to hear you have begun to recover some things and I hope you get it all back.

Whatever happens, It would be a shame if some of your future posts were to be placed in a locked section, as I am a  "Newbie" on this site with only a handfull of posts, and I assume it's people like me who are still to "prove their worth" as such, you would be excluding by placing things in locked sections.

I love seeing your current projects and regard your experience and knowledge highly. Your posts give me inspiration for my project.

Good luck for a full recovery

Cheers

Mick

great news...

Im still in shock that Sirpent John actually remembered the TV show Columbo  ;D hehe

Hell

Im almost 46 !

Ive watched every episode of most 70's shows like Columbo, The Night Stalker, Starsky and Hutch, Black Sheep, Star Trek, Lost in Space, Giligans Isle, Get Smart, The Beverley Hillbillies, Green Acres, The Box, Matlock Police, Pettycoat Junction,  Cop Shop, Division 4, Homicide, Solo One, Class of 74, Number 96, Skyways, Bonanza, The Lone Ranger, hell there are so many, lets not even start on the 80's LMAO

You know my feel about this Pete. I am very happy to here that this has a good ending for you.

How is the little angle doing? I hope that she is getting better mate. If you need anything just ring me at any time day or night.

Bruce

PS

Serpent you are still young compared to me. I am buying all those show on DVD and making kid watch them  :o     

John it was called Baa Baa Black Sheep and it was where I developed my great love of the Corsair.  From all reports a quite ordinary craft but took out lots of Kates and Zeros each week.

Oh the 80's (i'm younger than you  ;D ):  Greatest American Hero, Quantum Leap, the Young Ones, The younger Years (mmmm .. Winnie) ....

Molly's well Pete?  I'll be honest, I'm more interested in Molly's welfare than some car parts (yes I know they're Datsun bits too)

MaygZ

What about my favourites, The Thunderbirds, and The Banana Splits, with that catchy theme song, and the 6 wheel amphibious buggies!

All items were returned, and the culprit is well sorry, and now aware of the power of the internets???

I bought the banana splits for my kids. They didn't get it. The youth of today, bah.

;D    G'day Peter ,  glad to hear you recovered all your precious parts mate & that all's well with the family.

Guess youv'e bought your neighbor something nice, & a good watch dog for yourself. Not that you need one

by the sound of it.

Regards: Alan.  :D

yep i brought her a box of chocolate's, she sees all .... no need for a dog there not as mean as me when you steal my datsun parts 8) the bloke was trying to steal Roberto's engine, he admitted to me just before he wet his pants....

And apparently a member on this forum I believe, non active but a member nevertheless who obviously was following things progress !

Wonder how that sits with the forum now that its come out ?

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but as Simon and I argued, time for some improvements.

Gav if you read this your time while we are all asleep, maybe you could comment, as I mentioned before, I think some minor security changes have to be made in line with what previous posters have mentioned, but that may not be possible with this software, can we upgrade, at what cost and lets see if we can get some support for it financially from the members.

Cheers

John

John

I think people in the future need to be cautious when posting or selling.

ie,  dont ever disclose your home address , & be carefull and/or politely wary of who you invite around to your home to look at parts etc..

If I ever sell a part or two, Id generally have someone i dont know well enough ,  come to my office for a parts pick up. I also have a private number so they cant look me up.

As has been suggested by several members, changing the permission of the members projects sections would be a good improvement, but the only real solution is for EACH AND EVERY MEMBER to be aware of what they are posting, exercise the same security you would in general dealings with strangers.

be vigilant about your own security, because at the end of the day, YOU are responsible for it, not Gav, or the forum, or the cops or anyone else.