Howdy...

Hey Guys! I'm a new member obviously.

I just picked up a 2 seater 74 260z. FOR FREE!  Having been used as a daily driver and then sitting in a hanger outside brisbane since 1996, it isn't in great condition. I'm not even sure when it was last started. However, being my grandmother's car, and the fact that it has only had one owner (she bought it new)  I am immensely excited at the prospect doing some work and slowly but steadily getting the car on the road again. My grandmother is also sending up all the records of any work that has been done over the years as well as all the original paperwork. HAd a real quick look under the hood on the weekend (fuel pump doesn't seem to be working) But with some new spark plugs, lines, and a spray bottle, I managed to get the engine idling by frantically spraying fuel into the carb. She can still purr!!!  At the moment I'm pretty busy so will only be able to do quick weekend work on the car but hopefully that will change soon. Anyways thats my intro and I look forward to annoying you with newbie questions for months/years/decades to come.

Cheers Guys!

Welcome Luke,

you will find that we (I mean the others) are a great source of knowledge and they (I mean I) are very quick to pick up on a mistake you make!!

My grandmother is also sending up all the records of any work that has been done over the years as well as all the original paperwork.

Welcome to the fun house there are plenty of people here who can help you with your inheritance 8)

regrads

Bruce

That would creep me out, if she wasn't fit and well!!    :o

Thanks for the welcomes!  I am having trouble with my computer when trying to get the pics up (I am doing everything right, my pc is just angry at me) but I will get some up as of work tomorrow!

I tried out all the interior lights/aircon/stuff this afternoon and got a few presents when I turned on the aircon fan.  A pile of reasonably sized dead spiders, blew straight onto my lap.  Apparently some uber-wasp had made a home in there. Other than that everything else went smoothly,even the little map light thingo still works. Aaah, its the little wins that make free stuff so worth the investment.

• Administrators

I remembered that I have a laptop that likes me YAY! so here are some pictures of my datto!

Dude a 260z 2 seater for FREE, you scored big time. Well done and look forward to seeing her restored. Be sure to give Nan a drive once she's running properly again!

Welcome :) Definitely a nice score. So have you got the car back up in Rocky now? 

I actually live a bit outside Yeppoon if you know the area, Yeah it came up on a truck on monday!

awesome . The best part is you know its full history there should not be any nasty surprises

Yes definitely a bonus, although I wouldn't put it past my ma to have a stash somewhere!

And I will definitely give her a drive!!

Thanks! I hate you too! But in all seriousness, just by browsing through the forums (Not understanding much of what is being said) I can tell that finding this site will be hugely beneficial! PRAISE THE INTERNET! Seems like a good bunch of people on here.

I love these stories,  most of the interior bits and pieces damaged or missing on your car in the photo can still be purchased new. Looks like your grandma put in a retro radio. Steering wheel rim foam is a mess like most of them left outside to the elements but the horn hub seems ok!!

Great pick up lucky you. Lynton 8)