OS Giken stroker kit

BenZed

This is a very exciting new product coming soon from OS Giken.

The stroker kit for L-series 6-cylinders will offer 85mm stroke and 88mm bore for around 3103cc capacity.

I have no pricing or other information yet, but I will post it up as soon as I know.

In the meantime Kameari do offer a similar set-up, using a modified LD28 crank to get 85mm stroke, 138mm conrods and 89mm pistons (29mm pin height) for 3171cc capacity.

The OS Giken crank will be a much more impressive item, most likely a full-counter-weight billet type, suited to much higher rpm. The conrods appear to be similar to the forged chrome-moly H-beam type in the OS Giken RB30 engine. I better stop writing now...

post-853-144023519319_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hi Ben,

How many Monopoly notes will this set me back? I'd be interested depending on price, gotta hope the euro keeps going strong.

Yes back on topic - if this is like other OS Giken kit then it will be very nicely produced and top quality product. I am sure many zed fans would love to have some of the OS Giken kit that has been made over the years in their cars.

If other custom cranks are anything to go by I would expect to have at least $5000 maybe up to $8000 given how strong the YEN is currently.

Show me the money! A brings back memories of building my engine. All the little things keep adding up till you get some rediculous total at the end. A total that had you known when you started might have prevented you from building in the beginning.

• Administrators

Here are the TC24-B1 heads being prepared. There are five for customers and one for a new OS Giken demo engine.

Awesome, lets hope we see a resurgence of 1980's high powered L28's producing in excess of 600HP :).

The originals were cast from a Wooden mould - so OS Giken must have repaired these as last I heard is that they were a little damaged from the last casting took back in 80's. However technology has moved on a lot so I am sure they would have repaired or replaced the moulds.