Project Cars 2 Driving Simulator Bathurst

260DET

Here's a Supercar video, car behaviour looks really good unlike some simulators which have their cars wobbling around. 

The really good news is that there are models of a 240ZG GTS-II, 280ZX IMSA GTX and two Z32's. But if you buy check what cars you are getting to make sure.

Yeah not bad and great practice for the real thing in your own Z (

or even this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KR5uHZslvw )

But hey, come and do it for real at Challenge Bathurst in November in your own car, I still have 2 spots left if you get in real quick!!! 

Here's this years link http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/15623-challenge-bathurst-2017/ 

and what we did Last year http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14646-challenge-bathurst-2016/ 

I have 53 competitors ready to go for CB this year,  22 Z's and ZX's, 40 awesome Nissan/Datsuns all up, in the field of 53 so far with the other fantastic cars.

Keep the weekend of the 18th and 19th free, if you can't come out to Mount Panorama there will be some great live car tracking  and video feeds from around the circuit to live stream

Is it bad I saw 24 Dat's video (before I hit play) in his post and thought "jeez, Project Cars graphics are real good"

Edit, Doesnt have VR support on PS4 yet, but they say they are working on it.
It'd be brilliant with a proper seat and wheel setup even with just the fixed view in a VR headset.
Looks like its going on the shopping list

Edited by nizm0zed

Having sort of raced around Bathurst should enhance the Project Cars 2 experience and be good track familiarisation too. Besides I want to 'drive' that IMSA 280ZX complete with turbo lag ;D If anyone puts theirs up on YouTube let us know, maybe as another topic.

The G nosed 240Z that is modeled should be a good practice car for most of us, no unrealistic aero assistance, top speed 257kph, 300hp, weight 1,060kg. I guess that it could be tweaked to replicate an individuals car's handling too, particularly that rear end step out so apparently loved by a lot of S30 punters lol.

Looks like the Bathurst lap time for this Z are around 2:40 which seems reasonable, the suspension is adjustable and the limits seem fair eg caster could not be adjusted past 5 degrees which is S30 realistic. But at the default settings it's pretty weird to 'drive', the steering in particular. Apparently the steering can be tweaked, it will probably take me a day to work it out though, more complicated than with a real car lol.

It's all about setting the dead zones and the acceleration rates. I was doing the same with Forza Motorsport 7 on the weekend and found it's worth sitting in the in car view and watching how fast the steering wheel turns relative to your controller. You might find that it's way over sensitive.

Found a race with the 240Z in it, rubbish circuit. Anyone want to buy a as new PS 4 Pro with a Project Cars 2 disc? I'm  changing to PC as already have a you beaut graphics card.

Edited by 260DET

I have it on PC - with VR!

Seriously, go VR, no reason not to with the recent price reduction of the oculus headset.

I gave the 240 about 2 - very accident filled - half laps of bathurst before moving on to other cars (I've been enjoying the ginetta). I'll try again later, but so far not loving the 240 as it seems very taily and not fast enough for 300hp. Happy to join a league tho to have a reason to give the car some time.

My S30 is one big dead zone lol, low speed understeer, high speed oversteer. This must be why I got out of S30's hehe.

Have you adjusted the setup? It's easy to change that.

If you do Time Attack and pick the 240ZR and Bathurst and in the top right corner you can change for teh best times in the class to car specific. My name is [WTF]-Viper on there though.

2:34.7 from memory, you need to take into account that i'm using a game pad at this stage though, as i'm still waiting on a wireless receiver for my old steering wheel. 2:33 range is easily achievable with more practise.

I found a second last night tuning the way the car brakes with the game pad paddles as they are very non-linear and i was locking up all the time before.

2;34 is pretty realistic going on actual S30 performances last year, I can't imagine playing it with a gamepad though. To a non nerd the PS4 is a riddle to navigate particularly regarding set ups, whatever, at the worst it provides track familiarisation.

I just picked this little number up off Gumtree with minimal use for $200. I can see where the 4 seconds a lap comes from to get the best time now. It's a different world, and now I have to relearn the game. I'm nearly two lengths off exiting turn one with the wheel compared to where I was.

I'm having issues with stability coming down skyline. Any braking upsets the car so much that it just goes into an uncontrollable slide and that's where i'm loosing all my time. 

post-100549-0-90217600-1509246777_thumb.jpg

That's a handy looking driving setup, good one. Yeh, I have the same problem coming down off Skyline, car takes ages to settle. Overall I love the game even if there are lots of peculiarities it certainly helps familiarity with the nuances of the circuit.