peter t Posted January 19, 2018 Posted January 19, 2018 Research, research, can buy all this much cheaper on flea bay. HomeBuiltByJeff 1 Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 19, 2018 Posted January 19, 2018 Research, research, can buy all this much cheaper on flea bay. My wheel set up, is a Thrustmaster TMX Pro which cost me about $360 from memory, and from the reviews I saw, it is comparable with the Logitech equivalent. It has the benefit of having a clutch pedal as well, which a lot don't have, and you can add the cool gated shifter to it later if you choose. I am gradually getting used to treating it more like I am driving a real car. My best times so far are around 2.35, but there is a lot more left in it. @jeff43 I have searched for the 'ghost' functionbut I can't find it? How do I turn it on, as I think that will be super handy to work out which line is faster? Quote
d3c0y Posted January 19, 2018 Posted January 19, 2018 Research, research, can buy all this much cheaper on flea bay. I got a full Logitech G27 setup off gumtree for $200 and just sit on the couch. Quote
peter t Posted January 19, 2018 Posted January 19, 2018 I got a full Logitech G27 setup off gumtree for $200 and just sit on the couch. No need to skite about it. Some people are just plain lucky. LOL Good on ya mate. Quote
peter t Posted January 19, 2018 Posted January 19, 2018 (edited) Almost ready to jump in the deep end but do I go X Box one S or X. ? ?? Edited January 19, 2018 by peter t Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 19, 2018 Posted January 19, 2018 Almost ready to jump in the deep end but do I go X Box one S or X. ? ?? I went the Xbox One S, as the X is double the price and at least as far as I know, it works for all of the current games. peter t 1 Quote
Brett240 Posted January 19, 2018 Posted January 19, 2018 i had an S and own an X now. the X isnt really all that necessary, but its a nice to have. if you have the spare cash, go for it. i can hardly tell the difference to be honest. peter t and HomeBuiltByJeff 2 Quote
Brett240 Posted January 19, 2018 Posted January 19, 2018 ive been fanging the simulator at work and managed a 2:37, hows everyone setting this thing up? the lift off oversteer is atrocious. i feel like games these days make old cars handle like pigs on purpose. it doesn't handle like a group S Zed thats for sure. jacked up the front spring pressure and rear shock rebound to try and settle it down, max caster, max neg camber and max toe out. 3.9 diff and thats about it. HomeBuiltByJeff and peter t 2 Quote
260DET Posted January 19, 2018 Author Posted January 19, 2018 Not familiar with X Boxes but the highest spec one would be best. peter t 1 Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 20, 2018 Posted January 20, 2018 i had an S and own an X now. the X isnt really all that necessary, but its a nice to have. if you have the spare cash, go for it. i can hardly tell the difference to be honest. Look at Jeff43's settings earlier in this thread. You have to do a fair bit of playing around to get it nice. Out of the box the rear brake bias is crazy and they lock up every time. Quote
peter t Posted January 22, 2018 Posted January 22, 2018 I went the Xbox One S, as the X is double the price and at least as far as I know, it works for all of the current games. 500GB or 1TB? Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 22, 2018 Posted January 22, 2018 I went with the 1TB to be on the safe side, but I am only really using it for this game so I am not too worried about filling it up. I got mine as a bundle with Forza Horizon and Hot Wheels. I have found having the other game useful as I have found that Project Cars has had a couple of glitches and by loads by the other game and going back to PC2 it has got it going again. Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 22, 2018 Posted January 22, 2018 I went with the 1TB to be on the safe side, but I am only really using it for this game so I am not too worried about filling it up. I got mine as a bundle with Forza Horizon and Hot Wheels. I have found having the other game useful as I have found that Project Cars has had a couple of glitches and by loads by the other game and going back to PC2 it has got it going again. Quote
d3c0y Posted January 22, 2018 Posted January 22, 2018 i had an S and own an X now. the X isnt really all that necessary, but its a nice to have. if you have the spare cash, go for it. i can hardly tell the difference to be honest. Do you have a 4K TV to use it with? That's the biggest difference, native 4K processing. peter t 1 Quote
d3c0y Posted January 22, 2018 Posted January 22, 2018 ive been fanging the simulator at work and managed a 2:37, hows everyone setting this thing up? the lift off oversteer is atrocious. i feel like games these days make old cars handle like pigs on purpose. it doesn't handle like a group S Zed thats for sure. jacked up the front spring pressure and rear shock rebound to try and settle it down, max caster, max neg camber and max toe out. 3.9 diff and thats about it. You can dial it out, it just needs some decent time playing with the setup. I found messing with the LSD setup can make a big difference too. Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 22, 2018 Posted January 22, 2018 Still looking for the 'ghost' function? Can anyone tell me how to turn it on? Quote
d3c0y Posted January 23, 2018 Posted January 23, 2018 It's like the screen that has all the times on it for the track and car you have selected. It's four rectangles on top of each other on the bottom left, before you launch the race and load the actual track. HomeBuiltByJeff 1 Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 23, 2018 Posted January 23, 2018 It's like the screen that has all the times on it for the track and car you have selected. It's four rectangles on top of each other on the bottom left, before you launch the race and load the actual track. Fantastic, thanks I will have a look. I am a gamer spastic, so I need a lot of help d3c0y 1 Quote
peter t Posted January 24, 2018 Posted January 24, 2018 (edited) Fantastic, thanks I will have a look. I am a gamer spastic, so I need a lot of help Me too. Got a brand new s from Pennywise but stuffed if I can get it going. Does it have to be connected to the internet to get it to work. I am just one dumb IT f@@k wit. LOL. All good, yes gotta connect to internet. Maybe have get Gav to create a new section for us electronic racers. Edited January 24, 2018 by peter t Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 24, 2018 Posted January 24, 2018 Me too. Got a brand new s from Pennywise but stuffed if I can get it going. Does it have to be connected to the internet to get it to work. I am just one dumb IT f@@k wit. LOL. All good, yes gotta connect to internet. Maybe have get Gav to create a new section for us electronic racers. Yes it was a pain to get it going. Even though I had the game disc, it still required a massive download before I could use it. PITA! It's like the screen that has all the times on it for the track and car you have selected. It's four rectangles on top of each other on the bottom left, before you launch the race and load the actual track. I must be a moron, as I still can't find it (spent about 30 mins going through all the menus). You are doing Free Practice right? I also can't seem to get it to keep my lap times. As soon as I exit the track the top time is not saved. I really have no idea what I am doing. I also have still not managed to string a better lap together than a 2.35. I can do some sectors a couple of seconds faster, than the next, but then stuff it up later. Basically I need a lot more practice Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 25, 2018 Posted January 25, 2018 tt1.PNG Awesome, thanks. I will have a look this arvo Quote
peter t Posted January 25, 2018 Posted January 25, 2018 O what fun. Can't even do one lap in first gear without crashing. Only got the standard controller. Does it get any better with a steering wheel? Quote
260DET Posted January 25, 2018 Author Posted January 25, 2018 Can't imagine playing without a steering wheel and pedals. peter t 1 Quote
HomeBuiltByJeff Posted January 25, 2018 Posted January 25, 2018 Definitely need a steering wheel. I also see where my issue with finding the ghost came from. I can't access the Time Trial section of the game with out paying a monthly subscription to Xbox Gold, which sucks ass! I suppose I will just have to get better in Free Practice and take screen shots of my lap times as I don't really want to pay a subscription just for that. peter t 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.