Project Cars 2 Driving Simulator Bathurst

260DET

No changes at all, absolutely default.

I like the way it brakes. The key is to ease into the braking. Brake early and relatively gently and let your momentum carry you through the corner.

If you try and brake at the black braking marks on the road, it's too late.

Edited by RAP260

Ignore above post. Link deleted.

Set a new PB of just over 1:27

Running default setup.

Should explain. Didn't realise my mic would record. You'll hear me talk to the misses when she comes in to tell me dinners ready.. Lol

https://plus.google.com/104716928338032625573/posts/HtkZXQzNz3A

Grrrr, it won't play for me. 

Hey 260DET,

Using a phone?. Android or apple?

May have to install the Google+ app?. But I'm not 100% sure.

I probably should use YouTube?. Not something I've ever used. Could give it a go tonight.

Edited by RAP260

Ignore above post. Link deleted.

Set a new PB of just over 1:27

Running default setup.

Should explain. Didn't realise my mic would record. You'll hear me talk to the misses when she comes in to tell me dinners ready.. Lol

https://plus.google.com/104716928338032625573/posts/HtkZXQzNz3A

That's cool as! Do PC/xbox/ps all share the same highscores and other things? I've got a few steam credits that I might put towards this to get into the fun, I'll be controller only though ;)

I have been out of this thread for a while now, but i can't believe i'm pretty much out of the top 10 now. I watched your video driving the stock setup and I'm blown away. On my time doing a 1:30 i have the thing crossed up and sliding everywhere and teetering on the edge of disaster at most corners. You look like you are on rails in comparison to the point if the dash was turned off i would say you were driving a different car. Not to take anything away from your laps, but maybe the stock setup has been improved in one of the updates over the past couple of months because as mentioned a few months back the standard car was borderline un-drivable on PC!

Nooooooo... Jeff43 just pipped me by another 0.3 of a second, for first place ... Lol

Well done, nice job. Impressive. Looks like it's going to be a race into the 2:24's ;)

Edited by RAP260

I am using Xbox and when I first started driving it I found it near on undriveable as well. The bias was at something like 55/45 from memory and any braking at anything other than absolutely straight would end in a spin.

As for times I have got down to a predicted 1:27, but I haven’t been able to string it all together in one good lap yet. I did find in the past coming down from the top of the hill I was just cruising trying not to spin under braking. After a lot of trial and error I found a bit of throttle between corners balanced the car out and made it so much easier to drive. It also knocked about 5 secs off my time. A lot more practice is necessary but i am gettting there.

After a lot of trial and error I found a bit of throttle between corners balanced the car out and made it so much easier to drive.

Absolutely the key. If you look at my replay, you'll see me constantly doing this. The round info display in the bottom right shows throttle and brake input.

Nice one RA, it's a while since I played and that was with the Z32's but one thing I noticed immediately with yours is that the car seems to do a slow wriggle at times, particularly when coming in to a corner. Your car seems to be handling really well, she turns in like a beaut and that final understeer helps wash off a bit of speed when it's getting close to the limit.

Weird but, except for the wriggle, it drives like I'd like my real car to drive. Obviously you have it nailed, well done.

Cheers Richard.

I can't speak from experience, as I've never raced mine or any real Zed , but in this context I love how the oversteer/understeer is basically controlled through the throttle. That's why your seeing that wiggle , as I find the balance point.

Rob

Nooooooo... Jeff43 just pipped me by another 0.3 of a second, for first place ... Lol

Well done, nice job. Impressive. Looks like it's going to be a race into the 2:24's ;)

It will be a race into the 2:24's for sure. Very impressed that you are doing these times with the default setup, are you using the "loose" or "stable" setup. I find the default setup doesn't work for me - I have the back coming around on me before I get to apex. I like to brake deep towards the apex and adjust the car to suit.

Keep up the nice work and see you on the leaderboard.

Cheers Jeff

It will be a race into the 2:24's for sure. Very impressed that you are doing these times with the default setup, are you using the "loose" or "stable" setup. I find the default setup doesn't work for me - I have the back coming around on me before I get to apex. I like to brake deep towards the apex and adjust the car to suit.

Keep up the nice work and see you on the leaderboard.

Cheers Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Yea, I'm running the Loose setup. Only because that was the first setup that was loaded. How much time is left in it?, ironically I was thinking about 0.3 seconds. Which ain't good enough now... Lol. So I suspect your going to be seeing the custom setup icon soon :)

The only reason I like the current setup is that it is very similar to the Skip Barber in iRacing, which I spent a lot of time driving. Both low powered / well balanced cars that can be steered using the throttle, as much as the actual steering wheel.

Nice job on that newest time :). Going to take some serious chasing. Looks like I'm going to have to buckle down and commit to some serious testing... Lol. Enjoying the challenge :)

I suspect it won't be long before we have a couple of other people nipping at our heals.

Cheers,

Rob