1973 240Z Auto , One Owner For Sale.

Gordo

THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD. Hi guys, a friend of a friend asked me to put this on the forum for them.

I went and had a look at this car on the week end. This car was his mums car who has sadly passed.

It was brought new in 1973 and only travelled 32000 miles. The car is in good condition but could use a tidy up. Looks like its been stored under a tarp at some time and the rear bumper has surface rust and the bumper rubber needs replacing. The hubcaps have light surface rust. Front left hand guard has chips,in the paint from the tarp.( in the wind) also the dog leg panels show signs of repair. There are some very small dents, like one cent pice size, only two or three. The passenger seat has a small tear 20mm. The engine runs really good and engine bay is original . There have been no modifications done on this car, and is in the original condition apart from the small repairs on the dog leg panels. It is an Automatic and the guy has only just taken the original tires off it so it can be driven again.

I've described the car for what it is and the pictures form part of the description.

I have no vested interest in this car, but would like to see it go to someone that will keep it in it original state. The 240z is located in the Lilydale area, outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

The owner is thinking of going through Shannon's Auctions. But thought he would offer it hear first.

Cars like this don't come around very often . He is looking at $40k to $50k one owner and 32000 miles.

Any one genuinely interested can PM me and I'll forward on the details.

No tire kickers please.

post-101507-0-39723300-1468239075_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-09587200-1468239097_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-79907200-1468239114_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-23469100-1468239137_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-77306700-1468239161_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-43807000-1468239182_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gordo

• Administrators

What a car! What a time capsule. Good to see the Hitachi radio TM-1081ZB(S) (yeah I remember the model no. off the top of my head now) still in there.

Very very rare to find a 240z like this in Australia now. Even the spark leads look original..

I am sure it will find a good home, just hope it stays in Australia.

• Administrators

Nice looking car, is that 110 red Gav? Hope it stays here and is kept original (with maybe a factory manual conversion).

It looks like 918 Kalahari Tan to me, but perhaps a bit faded over the years and the camera lighting is making it look more red-ish than orange?

I am curious what number it is, my (1973 Datsun 240z (HS30 102895) was also this shade of 'orange' so wonder if they were sister cars? Although mine was manual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
I think you're probably right. I was always under the impression that my 73 240z was 918 orange with a white interior originally.

It was repainted a more red colour (exterior) at a later date, so I think that made the engine bay colour look more orange, which I assumed was 918.

However looking at the photos again I think it may have also been a 110 colour car with white interior.

Ignore the outside colour (just look at the interior, engine bay / firewall etc..).

Quite a rare colour to see on an S30Z in Australia these days. So many of these cars are no longer wearing their original hues. Which I think is a shame, any 240z as original as the 1 in this thread is quite a find.

• Administrators

Hey Brian,

Congratulations, I think you bought a great car. Good to confirm it was 110 red also. Not many around in that colour now. Appreciate the donation also.

Hey, we'll done Brian. Not to many cars like that around anymore. Apparently he had all the paperwork from the Dealer and lots of other stuff. Hope you enjoy playing with your zed. And post up some more details when you get time. Cheers.

Thanks Jeff. The more on the road the better!

From the above invaluable report and photos, and then going over to have a look and a drive with the helpful owner, seems to just require a few  touch ups.

BCS paints have a match for 110 Datsun paint - I'll need some for the  bare metal  spots on the left guard (they are about 5-6mm).  Also need to find a solution to the rust on the rear bumper, which seems fairly superficial, and there is also a small patch of superficial rust below where the battery sits, which  I'll brush back.

Otherwise  front bumper over-riders (or 'bumperettes') and sourcing an air conditioner, if feasible, would be good - I don't need to tell you how hot  it can get here!!

That's it as far as I know ...

Then SA Datsun Day in October...?

Brian