Greetings, looked for Z came with a K

Got them water blasted, have had other stuff done and i love the process.

I keeped one carb complete and used that as a guide and re installing all the other parts and pulled that one apart as i went.

There was only 2 different length screws (only prob 3mm lenght difference) and everything else only really has 1 area it can go. Hardest part was the the spring area as there is a heap of parts in such a small area.

I didn't bother with the throttle shafts yet. Unsure if this will bite me but wont know till i try and get it running.

Price wise it has only cost me about $300 to do the rebuild.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your car is looking absolutely superb Scott, congratulations!

I notice that although you have made some very tasteful upgrades, you have stayed with a standard exhaust manifold. You weren't tempted to fit extractors?

Love watching this build and the perfection, amazing that these cars were not a big seller in their day but now have gained so much interest, in a funny sort of way they were a euro Japanese car but not long after this Nissan seemed to lose its way? Welcome to the world of boring cardigan cars, lynton

Your car is looking absolutely superb Scott, congratulations!

I notice that although you have made some very tasteful upgrades, you have stayed with a standard exhaust manifold. You weren't tempted to fit extractors?

Wanting to go L28 down the road so didn't want to spend much on anything yet. I have been looking through Yaj for  a setup but nothing has taken my fancy yet.

Love watching this build and the perfection, amazing that these cars were not a big seller in their day but now have gained so much interest, in a funny sort of way they were a euro Japanese car but not long after this Nissan seemed to lose its way? Welcome to the world of boring cardigan cars, lynton

Very true, was only a few years ago u could get a K for pretty much nothing but times def have changed

Very very nice.....love it!

Cheers, went through your thread alot of late looking for ideas on the lines and stuff haha

I just found a photo of an interesting example that might (or might not) give you some final styling ideas  ::) .

Belongs to a guy I ride MTB's with!

Is it being turned into a boat or something????  :o

Re: willwood proportioning valve. I have one too - to stop the rears locking up first as there's no weight in the arse and massive discs bite hard. But my engineer made to take off the tap as he reckons its illegal to have a adjustable one. Food for thought

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it being turned into a boat or something? ???  :o

Re: willwood proportioning valve. I have one too - to stop the rears locking up first as there's no weight in the arse and massive discs bite hard. But my engineer made to take off the tap as he reckons its illegal to have a adjustable one. Food for thought

hopefully not a problem in Qld but time will tell haha.

From memory it was garnet they used. Also experienced blaster so no panel damage.

Another update

20150907_173102_zpsg8n4xt4f.jpg

20150902_164356_zpsd0jnflza.jpg

20150901_210823_zpszjtixqj5.jpg

20150830_172544_zps7waea4ww.jpg

20150830_172428_zpsroxjqmbc.jpg

20150830_162347_zps8yalheyv.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...