Vorn's 920 Gold 240Z

vorn70

• Administrators

I'm having the same motor dilemma as you, build a serious L-series or keep it stock to stay within a reasonable budget... hmmmm..

Car is looking relatively complete now, like that colour more and more each time I see it.

I'm having the same motor dilemma as you, build a serious L-series or keep it stock to stay within a reasonable budget... hmmmm..

Car is looking relatively complete now, like that colour more and more each time I see it.

thanks Gav it's hard to get the true colour on camera.

I'm sure you will come up with the right decision when you have to. Just see how the body works go then you will have an good idea of what you can spend you never know you might get a raise and PMC can build you you dream L motor.

Looks schmick mate! Any tips for cleaning up your tail lights???

I'm not sure you will need any tips. With a RB they are only going to see your tail light disappear into the distance. I used a cut/polish it wasn't very abrasive and they came up fairly good just a bit of time. I also cleaned the inside with a soft damp cloth on the end of a paint brush handle. ( no cut/polish) The inside looked clean before I started but after I cleaned them I realised how dirty they were.

• Moderators

Believe me... a stock L28 with ITB's will be fun to drive. Build it, drive and enjoy and worry about engine mods later after you've had some fun. Nothing worse than building something, running low on funds and getting depressed.

Cars looking great Mate.

That motor sounded great in Jasons car. Did need a freshen up though. ITB's for the win.

Cant wait to see this car in the flesh.

Cheers

Paul

thanks Paul it means a lot coming from a guy like you. I have read lots of your posts and followed your builds and they have really helped me with my build. So thanks very much for sharing your knowledge and love of Datsuns with us. I can't wait to drive my car, and a drive out your way will be high on my list.

Believe me... a stock L28 with ITB's will be fun to drive. Build it, drive and enjoy and worry about engine mods later after you've had some fun. Nothing worse than building something, running low on funds and getting depressed.

Your right Zedman stick to the budget. This was the set up I have always wanted and when this set up came along I thought get the ITB and if I'm not happy with the power build up a motor later. At least this way all the wiring and fuel plumbing is done. At this stage I will be happy if it runs good and sounds great.

When your on the road I might organize another get

together at my shop so everyone can have a look at

the 2 swiss cheese Zeds.

that would be great mate. It would be good to meet up with a few members and put a face to names.

Looks like its really starting to come together now Vorn. Can wait to hear the L28 back in action and see this thing on the road.

"Swiss cheese zeds" i like that.

I hope it wont be too long until the L28 fires up again. I had a big clean up before I started to to put the motor together so I took a picture with a clean floor. I pretty much have it all done now just a few bits and pieces to go now before I can put it in. I painted the block in Old Ford Blue, I know it not like the true Nissan colour but I liked the look of a brighter blue. Soon I will be able to get Jeff around so he can help with fitment and getting it all wired up.

post-1648-14402375109_thumb.jpg

post-1648-144023751098_thumb.jpg

post-1648-144023751106_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

I like that blue colour a lot, I plan to paint my valve cover wrinkle red with the blue block and I think it will offer an awesome contrast to the gold engine bay colour. From your photo's the blue looks great against the gold.

Thanks Gav,  I like the idea of a red rocker cover and I thought of doing it,but for now I might go for a "Matt alloy" finish. I would like to have a air box down the track in Datsun Orange. I just wish thing would progress a little quicker.

• 3 weeks later...

When is it going in?

Well now.    sorry for the late reply to you all but I was busy fitting the engine. Well not that busy really, we got it in fairly quick without incident (thanks Jeff) we then spent the next hour an a half talking about the wiring and fuel lines and of course standing back and giving it our nod of approval. Jeff has kindly taken time away from his build to help out with the wiring, well do the wiring with my help. Jason had already made up the loom we are just tidying things up and fitting it up to my car. I was thinking back to the day I pulled the old engine out it was the 28 December 2010. When I started I thought I would be putting the engine back in by mid 2012. In that time I have loved and at times hated this car but I can see the end of the tunnel now, and I must admit it help reading about other members builds because we all go through the same thing.

This looks like an impressive L28.  You must be itching to fire it up.

she is no PMC L28 but I hope it's enough to keep me happy. Fingers crossed it has that engine note that I want.

post-1648-144023751782_thumb.jpg

post-1648-144023751791_thumb.jpg

It scrubbed up a treat. Nice linkages.

yeah it clean up good and with a few bits and pieces it's looking good. At least you know all your hard work lives on in another zed.

Nice work. How long before we see it out and about?

not long I hope . It just depends on work and home commitments . I have 3 young boys and my wife has to work interstate on a regular basis. I would like to think a couple of months, my dead line was the middle of May this year. So I'm keen to complete it soon.