Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. I was just after a couple of pics so I can work out what sort of shape they should be. Maybe some LXW measurements. I sent him a PM asking for pretty much the same thing. Cheers, Gareth
  2. Ok must've been his then. Can someone upload the pics, I'm not currently a member. Thanks Mark. I'll send him a PM.
  3. I turn the heater on but not the fan. This means some of the coolant goes out the head, through the heater box and back into the engine(water pump) without going through the radiator, this will warm the engine quicker.
  4. Could have been mate, it was a few years ago so im a bit hazy on the details. IIRC it was held at southbank.
  5. Nice work Luch. Love that color, definitely one of my favorites. Not tempted to keep it?
  6. Hey guys I'm looking for some pics and measurements of these. I recall seeing a members car at the Nissan concours a few years ago with these fitted, I think it was a stockish mustard 240? Anyway I'd love some pics and possibly measurement so I could make up some of my own. Cheers, Gareth.
  7. Seems like a lot of oil on 3, but there's also oil on the head. Maybe that plug was a little looser than the rest? I run my crank case breather straight into cylinder1 through a PCV valve, similar to factory. I've never had oil deposits build up like that before. Could be a sign the rings are getting a bit tired.
  8. Black for me, on everything and just sand back the raised bits on the rocker cover. Leave the sump as is
  9. Love the black lines and fittings, looks classy!
  10. I checked on my JDM import after I had fitted the mirrors, due to lots of discussion. Sure enough, as per usual with Alans info it was spot on. Bahahaha! I think the biggest thing is making sure you use the S30 mirrors and not the bluebird style, I originally had the bluebird type with the shorter stalk, S30 type will go on when it's back together. With the longer S30 stalks, There's a bit of difference in how far they sit out visually from front on.
  11. I like the gloss much more. It's a great paint job, still looks wet
  12. Looks fantastic Dave, well worth the money! Are you going to clear coat it? Dimitri.... triples, is that an update for the red baron?
  13. I've just booked my accommodation today. Took quite a few calls as my usual places were booked out. Get in quick if your doing nationals
  14. What about some hidden front end bracing, like from the sill to rocker box where the radius rod attaches. Also from the sill diagonally up to the uderside of the strut tower. It'll be hidden under the guard, also fairly easy to remove and fit strut braces front and rear.
  15. P90 head going cheap http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-P90-Head-L-series-240-260-Z-Datsun-/150890617298?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2321c819d2
  16. Are the colored bearing shells done just to idiot proof them, or for older people slightly vision impaired How do you attach the rear panel when it's time to go back on?
  17. Is it the bearings in the dizzy causing the problems at high rpm? Why not fit a new ML headgasket, sounds like it was almost sorted. Or do you have a new mod in mind?
  18. Now thats style Look at the texta mark from the rear wheel too, shades of motogp.
  19. I'm not which is right, I just took the tyre mans word for it. He may have been wrong.
  20. Wouldn't that make 50/15's too small? I run 4.1 rear
  21. When I got my wheels and tyres they said 225/50/16 was same size as oem wheels/tyres?
  22. Whoa $450 sounds like a rip off! I got all my timing gear through Datsport in S.A. for fairly similar, they are great. That seems like pretty good fuel econ to me for the old girl, Perfect day for a cruise. Hopefully no stone chips
  23. My Peirburg is run with a relay to give constant power supply and gives 2.7 at the carbs, I also run a return line with a 2mm restrictor in the line. This is the same setup I used when I ran triples. IIRC the peirburg max supply is 2.9. Was the timing ok prior to the change? I'm not much help with these as it's been too long since I had mine. It'll be a little bit of fiddling to begin with but once you get them working well you'll love it. Oh the sound!
  24. Wow Stony! Any video's of this monster in action?
×
×
  • Create New...