Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. I'm in the process of making up some; I can take some pics and see what everyone else thinks of them...Racing tomorrow so I don't have much time to take pics etc now! Have to get the car ready!
  2. You wouldn't know where to get (if they exist) any videos of the IMSA series? Found a couple of short, bad ones on youtube...
  3. Doing some browsing and found some pics of 240's and 260's at Le Mans in 75 and 76!
  4. Got a set of spring compressors if needed here!
  5. I don't have a compliance plate...
  6. Good idea bringing it down further to mother earth.. Going to change the look again! Well done!
  7. Usually any car built for CAMS events must have a full cage fitted, except for club stuff etc..anyways a cage will only set you back between $1000 to $4000! Best I've seen is one done by Meridian Motorsport in Moorabbin.
  8. Ive heard alot of good things about the Toyo's. As soon as my Dunlops wear away, I'm going to try them out for myself! Apparently they dont go off as quickly as the Yokohama's and Dunlops.... Alan has a good point about cheap tires. The reason some cheap tires last so long is because they are more plastic than rubber! You DONT want a tire that lasts for ages, coz the thing is so damn hard with no traction!
  9. Try Steve Newing at Speed Technology in Mitcham. He can get them made but you have to know what thickness you want for inlet/exhaust. You might have to use some bearing blue and some shims with the standard ones then you can work out which ones you need.
  10. No probz Sach, got ur message! Which side is the coolant leaking down from? You may not have to remove the dash (although it is easier!). If its from the right hand side (drivers) it might be just a 38 year old hose but sometimes from the passenger side it might be your core. Grab a bright torch, get the car hot and have a peek under the dash!
  11. It may have been mentioned before, but here is a site that I use often to find out what tyres give what rolling diameter; http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html The original Z diameter was around where Sulio guessed approx 620mm. I think on the second page it has a diameter calculator. Have a play with it. Nice wheels by the way! See them at the P.I cruise!
  12. If you can give me your address I'll be down that way on Sunday. I've removed quite a few 240/260 dashboards. Usually takes me around 30 mins to remove and about 3-4 hours to install. First you have to remove the + terminal on the batt, then the heater control panel, steering column bolts (4 underneath), center console, (easier if you remove indicator/lights/wiper switch and steering wheel) bolts supporting the dash on the trans tunnel, bolt on each side where you floor vents (and bonnet release) are located, panel that sits along the bottom of the windscreen (4 self tappers i think!) then all the bolts along the top, disconnect the wiring loom for the dash and I think that should be all. Its been a while since I've done one so I may have left a detail out... Hope that helps a bit!
  13. Zedman240®

    Shashed 260z 2+2

    If it got one more WRX off the street, it gave its life for a good cause( sorry Ash!)
  14. Damn it! My first Z was a 77 260 2 seater chassis number 15036. It was sold twice and now an NDSOC member has it with a NA RB30 and 3.9 LSD that I should've removed! Damn it again!
  15. Should be OK for the Saturday only.. email is dvass at bigpond.net.au
  16. Just sent a PM. Thanks
  17. Not sure if I'm right, but I think the early 240's came from the factory with fibreglass buckets. Might pay to scrounge around zed wreckers etc..
  18. Zedman240®

    First day

    You mean you had your "trade plates" on it...hehehe u could eat off it!
  19. Its been ages since my last 1/4 mile run. Think the last one was in 96-7? with a stockish 260Z with L28 and elec ign ran a 15.1 from memory.. Would love to find out with my 240Z, specialy with the 4.4 ass end ratio! Anyone thinking of organizing a night at Calder etc? (street meet etc)
  20. Just out of curiosity, are the flange plates available separately?
  21. You havent wasted much time! Might be a good idea to bolt some ZG flares on rather than source new quarter panels. Unless you know where to get them from. Looks like someone let loosed with an air chisel and nibbler!
  22. Just curious, I've got some light beer left over from an "event" (case of Cascade Light) Would anyone want any? Before it goes out of date, I'd rather see it consumed than poured into the garden so some snails can get drunk.
  23. Hey, would like to see the conversion in person! (if possible)Thinking about doing the same one myself but with a RB25DE instead of the turbo. Looked at Ash's (zr240) conversion but its hard to see while the body work is still in progress! With some luck I'll probably sell the L28 to help fund the conversion. Luckily still have the original L24 so the numbers match (early HS30-000121).
  24. Sorry, I don't mean to step on anyones toes, but if no one else is after Apsilon's shifter knob (if it's still available) I wouldn't mind! I saw one on ebay a few weeks ago but I missed the auction! My shifter knob now is pretty bad. I'll spare everyone the details...
  25. I'm pretty sure you can still buy that special silicone oil that goes in the clutch mechanism. Its important you get the right oil. Not sure where from tho
×
×
  • Create New...