Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Hey Nzeder, I was going to ask you about modifications to the sump but you just answered it! It does look small but I was going to try it anyways and just as a precaution, overfill the oil by about 1/2 litre or so when I do a circuit event. My old L28 never had a modified sump and I also overfilled slightly and never had an issue. Zedevan, all up cost including shipping was $US400 (sump/oil strainer) You will also spot the GQ Patrol sump I put on ebay!
  2. Good news everyone, (just watched Futurama) I'm a happy little camper this afternoon, well anyone would be when you find out your RB20 sump and pickup arrived from Texas! A big thanks goes to Butch at Courtesy Nissan in Texas for getting it to me in about a week! The project is snowballing now!!!!
  3. Hey Pauly, go back to the basics....make sure you have a good strong consistent spark, make sure the fuel pump is giving you fuel by taking off the fuel line and cranking, but first make sure you have a good strong battery! if the cranking voltage goes below 10V, it ain't gonna start! Also remove your plugs and make sure it's not flooded or plugs are fouled.
  4. If anyone is interested in injecting their car, I'm offloading my whole wiring loom (just for the EFI system!) and modified distributor. This is pretty much ready to go straight into the car, hook up your fuel pumps, connect all the sensors and your off! You must have the Wolf ECU though and the sensors which aren't that hard to get. Because of the RB25 conversion, everything has to be moved to the drivers side so my current loom isn't long enough to reach. There is nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't suit my setup. It also has all the relays for the pumps, ECU, injectors and thermo fan control. When installing the Wolf ECU on the Zed, the distributor has to be locked in full advance, because the computer can only retard ignition and not advance it, hence the inclusion of the modified distributor. Its useless for anything else, that's why it comes with the loom! If anyone was thinking of going the ITB direction, this will save you hours and most importantly big $$$. Autoelecs can charge over $400 just in labour alone to do this work. Asking $350 and throwing in the ignition module and other bits and pieces. PM me or call me on 0413 243 760
  5. Ahh..just bring some nice powerful torches...or any cordless worklamps. We can poke around each others cars under the torchlight....
  6. If they are circling around in the air above the car, should make it easier to find! hehehe Should be a good parts car for someone or if the L28 is good,a spare motor.
  7. I managed today to cut up the original plenum/inlet manifold of the RB25 with a sabre saw, was also surprised how quickly it got through it with minimal cursing! Its amazing how close the spacing is to my Redline triple DCOE manifold..Going to pickup the DCOE plates from EFI Hardware tomorrow to test fit and hopefully weld on then assemble the throttle bodies and linkages (which should be heaps of fun!!) Nzeder, I thought you were going to use the same manifold but looks like we are going different directions to finish in the same place! Yesterday I farewelled a nice motor; Monaroz picked up the L28 to fit in another Z engine bay...anyways, time to evolve the Zed!
  8. Oh Sulio, not 2.5 bar! should be 2.5 psi! 2.5 bar is around 30-40 psi.... With that pressure, you will have fuel running out of your interior air vents!
  9. Zedman240®

    Caron Fibre

    Never seen em before...would put them on but depends on cost better than alloy checker plate!
  10. Hey Nzeder, are you using and modifying the RB26 inlet manifold or the RB25? I'm starting to cut up the RB25DE manifold. I've located water jet cut mounting plates for DCOE pattern carbs to weld to the runners of the RB25 manifold. Trick is how to cut the manifold? I'm thinking of buying a sabre saw (bigggg jigsaw thing) to cut down the casting marks about 80mm from the mounting face. Then if all goes well, near my work there are places that can weld aluminium (plates to inlet). Then all thats left is to machine the front face where the TB's mount.
  11. Please everyone, stop showing zeds with those 432 grilles! I had 2 of them and got rid of 2 of them...It makes me feel worse... :'(
  12. You are right, second pic reminds me of a cross between Hyundai Lantra and a Triburon...... First one is very tempting! Don't know why they don't try and fit a roundish shape headlight....look more like a 240..
  13. Would the RB25DE sit in that same position? I'm hoping that because I would'nt mind having some extra room on the driver's side for the TB's. Last thing I need is for the TB's to just touch the master cylinder or something...
  14. Well said Lynton, at the very least keep the engine so the numbers all match. Carbies and gearbox can be replaced again but engine, when its gone...its gone!
  15. Yeah, sorry.. I should've just said pinging or pre-detonation to avoid any confusion. When I hear it to me, that's what it sounds like...Comp ratio might even climb close to 11:1.
  16. Well if you have a cut and shut car, you might be in trouble......
  17. If that is Erroll's place in Lylidale, it should be a Dyno Dynamics one.
  18. Depends what cylinder head you are running. With the P90 heads, they had a large chamber so with the flat top pistons, CR (comp ratio) is low. With the dished pistons and N42 head, chamber is closed a bit more but with the pistons dished, CR again is standard. So if you want to use flat top pistons and a N42 head, expect to hear a lot of anvils being hit under your bonnet! Try not to go too high in CR; with the crappy fuels here, unless you are planning on running methanol or C16 or similar, keep your CR at a realistic ratio.
  19. Welcome Ritchie, Join us by throwing heaps of cash at your zed and enjoying every second of it! hehehe You'll find this forum very entertaining and useful for your projects..
  20. Hey Gav, you just reminded me when I got my first 260Z painted; 3 months later an old guy in a ute didn't realize he was rolling backwards until by bonnet stopped him, German tourist took out my whole passenger side from the rear wheel to the front guard, Renault Fuego up the arse, Citipower Van backing in to my right rear wheel arch. The only panel untouched was the roof! What I learned, If you love your Zed, don't drive it everyday! Excellent job Rev! you saved yourself lots of moula!
  21. Its probably the little tongue that comes from the back of the ignition lock into the switch. It may be twisted/ready to break off. I get a lot of crummydores with that problem. You may have to replace the ignition lock.
  22. Linear.... 60mm on adjustable perches. I think even normal springs should give the same feel.
  23. Engine is sold!
  24. I'm running Kings springs 300Lb on the road and club events with Koni's. I think good all round performance. previous zed had 350Lb which was very harsh.
  25. Hey Sach, a electric fuel pump wont really help with cold starting; the carbs already have fuel in the floats before you turn the key. I remember with my dellorto's, 3 pumps of the pedal then start... Most of the time it worked....then we have Winter to deal with!
×
×
  • Create New...