Jump to content

George

Members
  • Posts

    1,981
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    32

Everything posted by George

  1. I expect most people will be busy around Dec so my suggestion is mid Jan. The 18th looks good as the following week is Aus Day long weekend.
  2. Bump. I'll take the silence as a no then? I'm fine with any date Gav. We can do mid Jan...?
  3. You're right, the price was good but the communication was worse I'm afraid. Try as I might, they didn't want my business in the end. I did a big ring around a couple of days ago and found a few businesses that were helpful even though they didn't move rolling shells (or were too expensive). Openica, Auto Logistics, Carnut and Moving Again come to mind that have not been mentioned so far. In the end I went with a Sydney based one called Align Car Carrying. Good price and good communication. Car was picked up today so I'll reserve final judgement after it is delivered. They have a Youtube video that auto-plays so mind that... http://aligncarcarrying.com.au
  4. What are the plans for this one Paul? Just maintain and enjoy?
  5. You might be kidding Mike but if he was closer I just might have.
  6. The spare shell is being sent to Paul tomorrow. Glad to see the back of this thing, as I'm sure my neighbours are! Don't worry, I measured the ride height so that I can replicate it.
  7. Hey guys, just gauging interest for a Sunday BBQ this summer. I was thinking something like Davidson Park (thanks to my lovely wife for the research there). It's a National Park so $7 for parking and we each bring a little something to share. We don't need a full picnic spread, just enough to fill the belly while we enjoy the summer and chit chat. http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/garigal-national-park/davidson-park-picnic-area/picnic-bbq Open to suggestions for dates and/or other locations.
  8. I like your old rims, they suit the car really well. Can't argue with the new set though.
  9. Like Benny said, just comparing to the old pieces. Everything I ordered arrived undamaged. It's all from Les at Classic Datsun. http://www.classicdatsun.com He gets big thumbs up from everyone at Classic Z Cars forums and he was involved with the Nissan resto cars a while back. It took a while to organise everything but I picked up the phone a few times and put my trust in Les and he came through despite some issues with his wholesaler/manufacturers. The only thing he couldn't supply in the end was the carpet which was disappointing considering some of the issues I've read about with local suppliers. I was warned about the seat valves not being the best repro and so I wasn't too disappointed when I saw them. It looks easy enough to swap them out for original ones though so I'll be on the lookout for a set. Other than that, the diamond pattern looks superb (no I did not get the verniers out) and the plastic texture can't be faulted. The seat frames are second hand but everything has been freshly powder coated. Interestingly the seat backs have evidence of rust patches near the bottom. I wonder if this is a usual place for rust or if it's just this set. Either way it's not a concern. If you recall Gav I did ask you, and Jarrod, if you needed some interior bits back in March. Took a while due to his supplier issues and also because I had them sea freighted to save on costs. Yes, it did attract tax and duty. All up delivered to my door it was a touch over $3k. Apart from jute, carpet and clips etc, that's the whole interior ticked. Just don't have a body to put it on yet... :-\ Mark, yeah I kind of expect it but looking at some of the pieces they're pretty spot on. Won't know until we get to that stage and won't worry about it until it starts to make me swear. Pete, last I heard Paul sold my shell to fund his Hako so...
  10. Shh, that's how I sneak everything in to the country. No one suspects books... Sorry about the image dump.
  11. Nope, no, never, ever would I have sold that Porche. Good share.
  12. Mmm, boxes :-) I'll post some photos if I get the chance this weekend.
  13. Hit me up with the details on the antenna Gav, I'm interested pending condition. Love the clocks! Don't want to know how much you paid...
  14. Have you named your car? What is it and why did you choose that name?
  15. I was counting the minutes until your reply and I mean that in the nicest possible way.
  16. Which would make the 260's a rarer model For what it's worth, some figures here (however accurate they may be): http://zhome.com/History/Zproduction.html
  17. HLS30 06116 up for auction without reserve on 1 Nov in Austin, Texas http://www.motostalgia.com/car-detail/?vin=HLS3006116
  18. Thanks. Jim doesn't go to Adelaide but he gave me details of someone else to try. For record's sake it's: http://www.doortodoorcars.com.au
  19. Does anyone have any other contacts? I need to move a rolling shell from Sydney to Adelaide. CEVA charge 3 times as much for a non running car and they hardly want to listen if it doesn't have functioning brakes. I used Mark (first post) last time and I was happy with the price and service but he seems to be a bit busy at the moment.
  20. Post it in this sticky Alex. You'll have a better chance of someone seeing it in the future perhaps. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,14192.0.html
  21. Top day everyone. Let's do it again soon! I'm not into blanking out plates even though Peter will choke me next time we meet. If you want your plates blanked let me know and I will remove the photo. Was really difficult to photograph your car Vince as it was in a ditch and on an angle. Nice shirt.
  22. I called them so they're expecting us. It was impossible for me to book with specific numbers but they are ok with that. I told them I'd call in the morning once I get a head count.
  23. There were recalls for these lifts late last year. https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1050222
  24. I'm building a garage (DA stage) and am looking to buy one of these. Perfect for low height ceilings and with the added benefit of being able to remove it when you don't need it for a while. My plan is to just leave the post near the wall and remove the one near the centre of the garage. The compromise is a lower lift height of 1500 which means you can't stand upright underneath the car. I can live with that. A good stool on rollers will do me. http://happ.com.au/hoist_and_lift/happ90-3t-two-post-hoist-fully-adjustable/
×
×
  • Create New...