Jump to content

XRQTR

Members
  • Posts

    340
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by XRQTR

  1. So how long before they arrive in Australia??
  2. Found this while surfing ebay http://www.streetlens.com/japanese.html funny thing is the guy that was selling them on ebay had started his auction at $82, real bright spark considering he left the box with the email address in the pic http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Datsun-240Z-260Z-front-lens-LH-NEW_W0QQitemZ250281418346QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem hmmm........ wonder where he got these from....... Anyway thought I'd pass it on incase anyone needs the tail lenses, I know I need the front indicator/park covers.
  3. 60,000 spent.....hmmmm sounds like Queen St to me......either way I find it hard to believe it only makes other owners look like tools that enjoy being ripped off, as for the engine sounds basically stock apart from an exhaust, a cooler and a boost controller. Personally I think he's spent somewhere around what he's asking, don't get me wrong it's a nice looking car. With the body, how was it prepped after replating, I saw a car not long ago that had the sills replaced not 2 years earlier (so I was told) and hadn't even been finished or driven on the road or even for that matter seen daylight outside the garage (again so I'd been told) yet the new sections already had very healthy surface rust on the inside. Pity people don't think to at least put some tar inside the new panels to save them from water and air. The interior is pretty good for what is essentially a vynil spray special, although I personally like it and now I know what it looks like as I also have an off white interior, the door trims would have been the most expensive part of the exercise with regard to trim. The stereo is neither here nor their and would only really probably add around $2K to the build cost or their abouts. This car I would think should be somewhere around the mid 20's in the real world, keep in mind that car prices in general have dropped and people just aren't paying the silly money they were for older classics just a few months ago.
  4. So I take it there is no news here?? If not then I'm ordering through the U.S. as the car is almost ready to go.
  5. I've thought about having that option available but obviously it would be more expensive to do it this way, probably around the $80-$100 a day mark, but obviously this would change depending on how long you needed the hoist and how long it was just stored. Say if you were to leave it their for a week or two then short term storage of say $80 for the week plus a small fee for each day using the hoist. Like I said I've thought about it but not really put much thought into what costs would be involved in doing it this way. Anyway at this stage it's still something that I haven't committed to but figure it might help others out their that enjoy doing things themselves but don't have regular access to workshop equipment, so as you might have guessed I'm just trying to ascertain what might work best.
  6. Is this indoor or outdoor?? $10 a week sounds extremely cheap I'd use that myself if I lived over that side to be quite honest, to be honest even most workshops charge around $10 a day for vehicle storage. I know the commercial storage places charge around $80 a week for a car sized garage space but all you have is a garage not somewhere where you would have the use of a hoist as well as other workshop equipment and even a wash bay so you could have it clean before and after each outting. Of course I'm not looking to get that much but probably more around the $40/week mark which as I say I think would be reasonable when you put factor all the other perks into it, so it works out to the same as a casual gym user of just over $5 a day ($5.70/day to be more precise). I mean one single wash ata commercial wash could be as much as $15 and booking a hoist at a workshop anything from $70 a day to $70 an hour depending on how busy the shop is so I think it's more than reasonable. Obviously this won't suit everybody as I am in the western suburbs so those over the other side would find it difficult to use, but as an added bonus for those looking at long term I'd even be willing to throw in a free tow for non going or non registered cars, that in itself could be anything up to $400-$500 for a return trip depending on where you are of course.
  7. I'm looking at a few places at the moment to use for cars that I have to hold overnight or over the weekend but most seem either too small or too big for my needs so I thought I might see if anyone needs somewhere to store and/or work on there cars. I have a few places in mind, mostly around the 400-500 s/m range and will be putting in a hoist at some stage for my own cars anyway, I was wondering if anyone might be interested in having somewhere safe and secure to store there cars as well as work on them. I figure most guys have an average garage which is cramped at best and probably have to leave another car outside to make the room. Anyway just a thought as I said but any feedback would be good, obviously there would be a fee involved but this would vary depending on how long you might need the use of this facility. Thanks
  8. The RB-R proof wheels have arrived in the U.S. just wondering how long before they are available here??
  9. Let me know if you're keen on the filters as I will be in touch with the Oz rep soon to order mine (possibly the next few days). They aren't cheap though I think that one in the pic was around the $350-$400 mark but that was last time I spoke to him last year so where they are now is anyones guess.
  10. Here's what I did using the original choke lever twin cable set up, you will need to cut part of the cable and sleeve in order to keep it as short as thereby straight as possible, I fed it through a hole in the firewall that is almost directly behind the carbies. Here is the rear most carby the one cable operates both the rear carbies and the front runs off of the second cable note the cable wrapped around the fuel line, this is so that the cable doesn't fowl the throttle arm keeping it well clear, it would cause a step in the throttle which could have also jammed the throttle open. Yes I know the filters are filthy but I will be getting the ITG one soon, this one
  11. So how many cars turned out for this??
  12. Champ just a bit of advice for the next time you need to take panels back to metal, use paint stripper, it's a lot less labor intensive and you can do other things while you wait for the solvent to react with the paint. But ye good on you for having a go
  13. Doe anyone have any rough ideas of what an L28 should be doing for the quarter mile??
  14. I know most of you guys are more into circle I mean circuit work but thought it might be interesting to get a few out to Heathcote for a test and tune Sunday, I've got the carbies back on and the shocks in so rekn I wanna see how quick it goes in a straight line. Would certainly be interesting to see a few out in the paddock and it's also great for the whole family so if you were thinking what to do with the strife and kids then here is something that will keep you happy and them off your back while you're out having fun LOL Best of all it's a great drive out to their, I'll have mine on the truck as it's not rego'd yet (next week hopefully) which works as a bonus incase I break it. So ye see what ya'z rekn, besides it's time to see who's got what
  15. Sweet ride straight outta Nippon hey, good stuff. How much did you pay for it if I can ask??
  16. I'll be tackling that this weekend when the Mikunis go back in, I plan to use the factory choke cable if I can but trim back the cable sheath to allow one of the cable to run 2 carbies, although I think in the end it may be one cable running all 3. The other option of course would be to go for an aftermarket choke assembly, most speed shops should carry something that will do the job sufficiently.
  17. Did I miss something here?? where does it say it's for sale??
  18. Kick back champ, no one said it couldn't be fixed, what I and I can only guess others are saying is that there is no point paying too much for what is essentially parts, stuffed parts at that. We all know how difficult it can be to find alot of the bits that DON'T come with the car, with that in mind I think this is worth no more than around $1500-$2000. You would first need to find a good donor car for the front section, this could set you back $100(edit $1000 hahaha ) alone for a good rust free shell, then you have to find someone that can do this kind of surgery PROPERLY not just for the right price.
  19. You can see in the last shot that the front of the rails come in towards the centre not much chance they are straight, I also find it difficult to believe that was the engine in the car when it was smashed. If you look closely at just how much twisting their is in the inner panel area that radiator support would have almost hit the firewall, here is the link to one of the pics, http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=539517&image=147541260&images=147537045,147536982,147537063,147537132,147537022,147537150,147536998,147537707,147541511,147541260,147541915,147542406&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0 now think about the force needed to cause this kind of damage, the engine should have been destroyed. The other bit of convenience is how the engine is not siezed (promise) but there is no starter motor anymore, oh and ye "it's painted red" so should turn over real quick. As well he initally mentions that it cost $5K to rebuild the motor, I think he means build, but then later says it should be worth at least $3K-$4K, which is it?? and as for 300HP that would be worth at a guess somewhere around the $7.5K-$10K mark, just a guess. I'd be saying it's got a shaved head and cam with some flat top pistons and maybe some port work, my old 240K coupe used to fly (once the auto wound up LOL) and all she had was a recoed head with a slight shave, some new bearings and rings, she was the quickest pizza delivery car at Herbies ai Sulio, not to mention the big 12" sub in the shelf LOL. It does look like a good project, I wouldn't look at the words in his description, best would be to have a look or get someone to have a look for you, even go to the trouble of bringing your own starter and see the look on his face when you pull it out. Value - depending on what else is missing I'd say no more then $3K-$4K if he has all the interior, which he doesn't mention, and what condition it's in but I just sent him an email asking as well as what else is missing. But in saying that the cheaper the better LOL. Also if the 5 current bidders are from here or you know them tell them to hang back till towards the end or put in a max bid now to auto bid, no point getting the price up too high too soon.
  20. Whats the best way to get things over in your experience as I am about to bring some things over and would really appreciate the advice.
  21. So how did the guys go that went to this?
  22. I've got a Kaaz in my Typhoon and from what I've been led to believe they are non-adjustable, the Quaife centres however are adjustable if you are after something you can adjust to your liking. As for changing gears mid corner you shouldn't really be doing this anyway a compression lock in a fast corner could spell disaster, could it have maybe been the box was NQR as well which may have contributed to the problem you now have??
  23. You may want to relook at your response champ, there is a huge difference between the two models, one is an EB single overhead cam tractor motor the other is a BA double overhead cam, did you actually watch the show?? they used two EB Falcons.
  24. They are essentially the same car, being weight and engine capacity, any difference in power would be negligable when you take into account the difference in consumption considering they are both pretty much stock standard cars. The converted car used just 5 litres to travel the 100k's which would equate to approximately 1200k's from a full tank, anyone that knows these cars knows that around 400-500k's is about the norm from a tank of petrol (taking into account it was a highway cruise). So that then means that they have made the vehicle 200% more efficient in burning the fuel when compared to non Hydrogen additive burn rate. Sorry but you can do it the way they did and still have a relevant result, had there only been a 2-3 litre difference in consumption I would agree with you that the XR6 has a slightly more powerful engine and that would have been what I would expect. In this case the converted car used only one quarter of the fuel for the same trip at the same time, this is a huge difference.
  25. Ok well it looks like I may need to move one of these cars now, I recently bought another XW this time a GT replica so one of them need to move, here are some recent pics of the Z and the XDub ute. I'm sure most here won't be interested in the ute but you may know someone who is pm me if you want any details, it's a sad day but I really can't do this many cars at the one time, also I'm rebuilding the engine in my Typhoon at the moment so that's one more again that needs my attention. She's very dusty in the pic as she sits at my uncles place and only gets worked on rarely, I might go and give her a wash this weekend and get some more snaps to put up.
×
×
  • Create New...