Jump to content

PZG302

Donating Members
  • Posts

    1,852
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by PZG302

  1. It all depends on the fit, and if there is some spare cash from the deck...... If they are a +4 offset they more than likely won't fit my car with the spring perches dropped down the strut. And it was only ever going to be if you couldn't use the wheels being 2nd in line and all
  2. They are also running some different categories including a one hour enduro for Prod Sports, unfortunately not enough time for me to upgrade my licence to a full circuit licence, no provisional licences allowed (CAMS requirements becuase of the track), so will have to wait, also the $2,200 entry fee per car for the enduro is a bit much for me at the moment. This is what the one hour enduro will get in terms of track time: 30 minutes practice, drivers can swap 30 minutes qualifying - drivers 30 minutes qualifying - co drivers 30 minute race - drivers 30 minute race - co drivers one hour enduro So for each car the $2,200 will get you 2 1/2 hours track time, so not bad value. One of the other categories I know of is Improved Production, but the entry fee for them is unknown as is the track time.
  3. Peter, could you measure the back space for me please. If the back space is around 100mm I would also be keen on the wheels, provided I can test fit one wheel to check clearances on the race car.
  4. I want to be there but can't commit until I know of I will be home or somewhere between Miles or Gladstone for work.
  5. In terms of fluid I find the Penrite Sin Brake Fluid brilliant. For pads I use Hawke Blue Carbon metallic. I tried another pad that was supposed to be the duck's guts - same compound as V8's can be used for anything from hill climb to racing, work well cold or hot and so on. The pad worked well bedding in and for a couple of qualifying sessions around Morgan Park, for the first race they brakes lasted 3 laps before the pedal went to the floor overheating the apd and boiling the fluid. A set of very old Hawks went with a fluid flush and the brakes were brilliant. The good thing about the hawks, they are about $120 a set, only bad thing they chew through rotors, but at around $100 for a pair of rotors I'm not that worried.
  6. try these guys, they should be able to help and hopefully will be easy to get to for you. Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage Late Model Ford Specialists ftgautosalvage@optusnet.com.au www.ftgautosalvage.com.au ONLINE STORE www.ftgstore.com Ph(03) 9758 6900 Rear 1152 Burwood Hwy, Ferntree Gully, Vic, 3156
  7. Should be OK for the 11th, if I'm not working somewhere between Toowoomba and Gladstone
  8. Are you sure it's not the rack bushes that are shot!!!! If you get someone to move the steering wheel for you check that the rack itself is not moving. The steering will also feel vague and heavy. Something I didn't pick up on with the 240 as I run 235 slicks and plenty of castor and as much camber as I can so the steering always feel heavy unless at speed and does not feel very direct moving the car around the garage or pits at the track. If it's the rack bushes, Superpro make urethane bushes for less than $50 from memory, and a quick 10 minute fix to replace.
  9. A good weekend for me up at Noosa last weekend, ended up 6th in class out of 9. The cars in my class were: 2x Lotus Elises, beat one of them 1x Triumph, got him 1X E Type Jag, beat him, and 3x Westfield Clubmans, almost beat one of them, got me .02 second 1x Amaroo Clubman, class winner and got me by lots. I got down to a 65.57 as my fastest time of the weekend, so was pretty happy with that as the car isn't suited to hill climbing, being way too stiff in spring rates, as it was and is built for circuits. Plus I can't use the slicks so 5 year old Toyo's are fitted. I think the car and I could get to a 63 with another year to learn the circuit and some new boots, and possibly down to a 62 with super soft hill climb slicks or monsoon wets. With the stiff springs the car skips around way too much and pushes through the corners. It was also very difficult to hit the brake pedal coming into the turn 10 hairpin with the bumps really throwing me and the car around. As I said, a great weekend and the car came away undamaged, in fact the ute copped a lot more damage running over a rock in the driveaway of the hotel and taking a fair chunk out of the front bar and popping the fog light out on the left side. Luckily bnot too hard a fix and just need to get some time to take off the ineer splash guard to get access to the corner to push it out. Here are some photos of the Green car from the weekend. http://shiftingfocus.zenfolio.com/p562578238/h2af91ed5#h2af91ed5 http://shiftingfocus.zenfolio.com/p562578238/h3fab40ef#h3fab40ef http://shiftingfocus.zenfolio.com/p562578238/h1b6fea17#h1b6fea17 http://shiftingfocus.zenfolio.com/p562578238/h5c6670f#h5c6670f http://shiftingfocus.zenfolio.com/p562578238/h25659bdb#h25659bdb Warren Skimmings in hs turboed 240Z did well winning his class, Pre 1978 Sports Cars, with best time of 63.56.
  10. Could be the elusive N47 manifold you're after. I have one on the 240, has no webbing between the runners and the runners are about 1/4 inch longer than a standard L28 EFI manifold, just enough to through the linkages out, and then needing to spend a few hours sorting it all out to get full throttle. Also the Throttle body is a single 63mm diameter IIRC. So no need to do a change to a larger one. I haven't seen another N47 log anywhere and would like to have another as a spare, but so far they seem to be made of unobtanium out here.
  11. December would suit me better than the 20th, pretty sure I am already booked up for the 20th
  12. Big thanks to Casey for the lenses, will replace the current banged up one I have and the one lost at Warwick in Spetember on the new front spoiler being rebuilt in the off season. If anyone else has any old lenses that won't pass a road worthy but are still in one piece I'll take them as spares for the race car.
  13. David, Well said. Unfortunately price bashing happens on most forums. At least this forum is the gentlest I've seen You have what looks to be a very nice car and I do hope you get what you want, or at least what you need for it. If I wasn't tied up with so many other cars at the moment, and had a bit of spare cash it would a very nice addition to my eclectic collection.
  14. Well done Steve, when does it fall in the hole, and more importantly, when will you take it out on the track, it would be a shame not to let a motor like that wind out to its full capabilities.
  15. I know entries closed in October so may have been too late, this would be the only reason I could think of as there are only 145 entries a little down on previous years. I'm looking forward to a good weekend up there and saving the Z for upsetting a few people next year in Prod sports up here. Could have run at Lakeside on Sunday, but enjoy the hill climb to really sharpen the skills and get a good feel for the car.
  16. I'd hate to think what the maintenance schedule and costs would be on a 400hp L series The $120 oil changes on my race motor with the 20 or so events between rebuilds is scary enough for me..........
  17. A bit late I know, but next weekend 13/14th November is the Noosa Classic Hill Climb. This year is a little disappointing for numbers with only 145 entries listed, but it means the pits should be a bit better in terms of room. Also disappointing in that there will only be 2 Zeds running, me in the green monster in Marque Sports where I will be up against 4 clubmans, 2 lotus elises an E-type and a Triumph TR5. The only other Z is Warren Skimmings turboed 240Z. With Jon Siddons running Targa High Country it's my best chance to get a good result, as along as I can beat the clubmans, which hopefully won't have the torque to pull them up the hill. It would be good to see a few faces up there over the weekend. There will be plenty of very nice cars from pre war through to the classics of the '70s and onto to late model cars, and a good mix of race sports and tourers.
  18. Next year maybe there should be a AusZcar team, I'm doing the Movember thing myself with the work team. My little bit to put something in as I used the services of a great councillor to get me through the loss of my partber to cancer a few years ago.
  19. Bugger!!! A day too late, curse having to work in the field. I need a new set of indicator lenses, and condition isn't that important as they will be painted to be attached to the front spoiler.
  20. Later computers that self learn, like the Ford EECIV and EECV computers will reset themselves and self learn, but the L28 computer was very basic and didn't really do much in the way of adjustments on the fly
  21. If it's the standard L28 computer, to the best of my knowledge you can't. it was a very basic Bosch computer from the late '70's early 80's so basically bugger all you can do with it or to it.
  22. get rid of the aircon, it will only clutter up the engine bay and take away from the porn of the triples!!!!! Air con is for girls anyway Steve, so about time you manned up!!!! next you'll want power steering and then fast glass and then cruise control...... The new motor should be plenty quick, and then you'll have to bring out on a track day.
  23. After yesterday's Lapz at the lake, I was pretty happy with a best of 62.800 and was consistently in the 62.8-62.9 second laps all day. Plenty left in me too, so when it's race time I should be a quick quicker, new boots would also help.....
  24. Plus the dash pad he is selling from the same car that was a 76 280
  25. yes, the speedo is from a 280Z, just not a 280ZX. The seppos got 260 shells with injected L28's to beat their pollution laws. And the S30 cars were homologated for racing with L28's as an option from the very first 240 shell, well it could be retrospectively fitted as an option anyway
×
×
  • Create New...