-
Posts
1,852 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
5
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Articles
Media Demo
S30z Register
Store
Everything posted by PZG302
-
The Ebay Thread #2 - Post Ebay Parts Here!
PZG302 replied to XRQTR's topic in Parts and Tools for Sale
Avon, Dunlop would have tyres that fit, maybe even Khumo, however they might be a bit bald for use on the road. Those wheels would have been made for an open wheeler or small sports car back in the late 60's through to 80's -
The Brown Hornet - as NEW 1971 240Z - SOLD
PZG302 replied to acf321's topic in Members Project(s) Journal
Adam, if the headers are freebies with no shipping costs, would be worth trialling and comparing to what Andy could come up with. Otherwise stick to Andy's system as it will be bespoke to your car and how you want the motor to behave. There is a good reason that when my headers are no longer serviceable I will be travelling from Brisbane to get a new set made by Andy. -
Morgan Park 2.1km circuit, down to 1:14's, need to drop a another 2-3 seconds to be anywhere near on the money in the category.
-
The results from round 2 have been updated on the Prod Sports Web Site, and I'm still 2nd in teh Chanpionship after a frustrating weekend. Even better, I get to drop the worst round and with 2 of the remaining 3 rounds at lakeside and the final at QR, I should be able to stay up near the pointy end of the field. http://www.pscraq.com.au/championship.php
-
All old cars are costing more and all cost a shitload to restore, even if doing it yourself. My Zed, a pretty rough racer, no point in spending a lot on it, just what need to, I wouldn't let go for less than $20k, over the years it has probably had $100k in parts and labour spent on it, but you certainly couldn't see the inevstment. Some would say, including me, that it's a pretty rough car. But i can do a lot of the work my self because the standard doesn't need to be too high, just neat and tidyish. It is a race car after all. My other "project" is a Charger, and they are veryu simialr to a Z, unloved in the '70's, 80's and 90's they now command big money, try over $5k for rusty shell. Mine is a XL with non original 265, so I am building what I would call a quasi R/T. No R/T badges, but a better than E49 265 running triples, big brakes, XR8, on the front, old school 4 speed and modern seats with the 70's interior staying. For the result I want, I haven't got the time, skills nor patience to complete so i am going down the "checque book" restoration route to the tune of around $70k to build my Charger. I have found the parts for the Chugger as difficult, if not more so, to find than bits for the Z, and dearer, try to locate a good 265 with standard bore these days when they stopped making them 35 years ago, L28's are falling from the sky in comparison. Or another example, the trim around the ducktail, near impossible to get 2nd hand or repro, hopefully mine can be repaired. Unless you want to spend a bucket load of time and/or money on an old car i would be looking at something cheap to get into and enjoy, one suggestion from me is my other toy, an early NA MX5, should be able to find a good one for around $5k that will have enough modern stuff to be reliable, but simple enough to tinker with.
-
Well I've sort of sorted out the IT problems, I hope. If this is race 3, then this is the video I was trying to put up..... Hopefully you get a better view of me mixing it with the MX5's and finishing 5th outright, and ending up 2nd in the Championship for 2B cars by only 2 points for the weekend. It was taken from teh Corvette, coming through the field after not finishing the second race due to some coil pack dramas, just new car niggles for him, the car gets around in a lazy 57 second lap, not bad for a pretty standard car on slicks. As for missing apexes in race four, he still had some other cars to negotiate and Lakeside isn't a forgiving place for overtaking at the best of times.
-
Mmmmm, and where are all these mythical 1000hp l series engines....Oh I see one now being airlifted by a squadron of pigs over near that Unicorn
-
New to forum - BUT longtime zman
PZG302 replied to zed74's topic in Introductions and Forum Etiquette
State Schooling never did me any harm, and i can almost count to twentyeleven and I know my acb's. As for the new screamer, well, you'll have to wait until Jim sorts out a couple of niggles with my truck motor..... But if you are looking at having a play in Prod Sports, get the rule book out to make sure it's all Ok for group 2B, I know my way around the rule book in terms of Zeds and compliance. -
New to forum - BUT longtime zman
PZG302 replied to zed74's topic in Introductions and Forum Etiquette
we can get it ready and compliant with the prod sport 2A regulations so you can come and upset the modern cars with me..... -
Link is off my phone I don't have youtube access at work, try searching for "corvette lakeside race 3" it should come up then.
-
Don't need to worry about tail light shapes, the 240 shell was homologated to use L24, L26 and L28 blocks and all the associated running gear, ie gearboxes, 4 and 5 speed versions with a selection of gearset ratios and going from the R180 to R200 diff and about ten different diff ratios.
-
Phillip Island Classics/Historics March 19/20/21 2011
PZG302 replied to dat2kman's topic in Racing Your Car
Sc up here is pretty good, at least 2 HRCC meetings at Morgan Park, maybe one at QR, and maybe one at Lakeside, plus you can run with the same spec in prod sports as a 2F car where there is a 5 round Sprint championship and then a 1 hour enduro at Morgan Park. On top of that there is the Cootha and Noosa Classic hillclimbs. And then you can worry about heading south for racing -
Here's a video with some nuffie mixing it with some hairdresser's cars. You can see him from about the second lap. http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=AU#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=PF4jwNWDFWo
-
If you could get the budget together to run the car would certainly stir the pot if you got it logged and cod for Historic Group T. Would certainly give a certain Sports 2000 a run for it's money.
-
If it's good enough for top gear......
-
Tim, depending on budget looking at what you said, there are some nice suburbs northside. Eatons Hill is around the 10-15 year old executive type suburb with large blocks up to acerage. Also convenient to the airport, shopping and so on. Only downside public transport can be a bit ordinary if you need to go door to door. Train to city is about 10 minute drive then 40 minutes, bus about 50 minutes in peak. And even better, 15 minutes to Lakeside.
-
No, IIRC the Repco engine was an in house design by Repco and Brabham, and may have very tenuous links to a production engine. The 4.4litre Rover/Leyland motor was a very successful base for some very quick F5000 motors and sports sedans, including John McCormacks Ansett Charger, that was basicalla F5000 chassis with a Charger welded to it.
-
Got my email back from Hawk this morning when I got into work, they recommended I use the DTC-60 compound so a quick search on the interweb and I now have 2 sets on their way from the USofA for $160 landed, a fair bit cheaper than the $140-4180 per set you get stung out here.
-
Phillip Island Classics/Historics March 19/20/21 2011
PZG302 replied to dat2kman's topic in Racing Your Car
Knowing Jason, Benny is quite right to be concerned about fitting a SD card into a USB slot, in fact I'm suprised Jason didn't lose the SD card in the CD carrier!!!! Although he may use that as a drinks holder ;D -
Allowable db Sound Levels for Vic Race Tracks
PZG302 replied to GV260's topic in General Discussions
To make sure, contact the tracks themselves as they probably vary due to events and times. Up here in Qld we have a CAMS licenced track, Morgan Park - sound level 95dB at 30m driveby And the 2 tracks run by John Tetly, Queensland raceway, been told not worry about noise, and Lakeside, 95dB at track edge. This means i have to run a 90degree bend on the exhaust outlet to point the noise up and to the rear of the car and I haven't been done yet -
i own two as well and have owned a thrid, well a shell for a rebuild anyway......
-
Phillip Island Classics/Historics March 19/20/21 2011
PZG302 replied to dat2kman's topic in Racing Your Car
Too much to carry around for us serious racers : i would rather have the extra schooner than carry the camera..... -
The Hawk Blue pads are what a lot of the MX5's use, but as I messaged will most likely be trying the HT-10's next for the higher temperature rating. I will fire off a email to hawke and see what they have to say.
-
Pads were bedded in on Friday so all good, the hawk Blue compound just not quite up there for the car, will try the DTC-70 compound as they work up to 871 degrees compared to the Blue at 540 degrees. If I could get it passed the financial controller, with the dollar so high I would be looking at a lot of Arizona stuff for underneath the car.....
-
A bit of a frustrating weekend up at Warwick. Have only just got back to work and caught up after having to fly out to Biloela straight after Morgan Park. Overall for the Championship I am still looking good, I think I ended up 4th or 5th for Group 2B for the championship cars for the three races over the weekend. The rest of the rounds are at Lakeside and QR, so I should be a bit more competitive at those tracks. Car went well, with still a problem in pumping water out of the radiator, looks like the water pump is pressurising the system so will slow the water pump down to hopefully cure this, it's costing me a fortune in coolant. At least the car isn't getting hot, the temp hovers around 85-95 degrees. As for times, not so good. Qulaified with a 1:15.38 on the 2.1km circuit to start race one in 19th place. Race one was terrible, I outbraked myself three times into gumtree to spear off the road and finish in a lowly 20th and a fastest time of 1:15 dead. Race 2 was a little better, started 20th and finished 16th getting down to a best time of 1:14.35. The last race of the day I started in 16th place and was able to get up to 11th thanks to one car taking out a couple of others at gumtree on the opening lap. My best time for the last race was a 1:14.21. All in all a good weekend in terms of the championship in that I finished every race and bought the car home with no damage. The tyres however are absolutely shot and are starting to delaminate, so I am waiting for one of the Porsche teams to call me to let me know they have tyres available. In terms of times I need to be down into the 1:11's and 1:10's to be up where I should be. I reckon I can get 2 seconds a lap from fresh tyres, and the rest, well i just have to keep practicing. It was my first time on the 2.1km circuit, and I am still getting my head around the flip flop and the best way to get up the hill. On the plus side the old Z has plenty of mumbo, the quicker 2F cars couldn't get passed me down the straight or out of corners, by driving a defensive line I was able to hold them at bay through the corner and then pull away with better torque. I also think that next time up there I will run the 4.4 diff, even if we're on the full 3km circuit.
