Jump to content

PZG302

Donating Members
  • Posts

    1,852
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by PZG302

  1. The green monster will be back, already have email in and it will be a nice shakedown for round 3 of the Prod Sports Championship a couple of weeks later. Will hopefully be trialling some new aero thanks to another member here. Might need a mk1 esky sploiler modified Gav to see which of the three work best.....
  2. Peter, how do you go with the injectors so far from the ports? My understanding is that with the revs the L series does you want the injectors as close to the ports as possible. I know that the 2 litre supertourers had the injectors at the air inlet but they were pulling over 9000 rpm and had bugger all torque in comparison to the power they made.
  3. Another way to bleed brakes is: 1. Bleed master as per normal 2. Crack all your bleed nipples with clear hoses on the ends to drain fluid without making a mess. 3. Make sure the master has plenty of fluid and wait for gravity to do its job. This can take around 30 to 45 minutes. The fluid will flow through and expel all the air in the system and gives you time for a couple of refreshing beverages. Just keep an eye on the fluid level in the master cylinder. The best way I have found is to use a pressure bleeder bit the above method works well for an initial bleed of the whole braking system.
  4. I will be at Lakeside on the 20th running some 40 year old dunger up against much more modern machinery at the 1st round of the prod. sports championship so can't make it. If looking at old cars parked isn't floating your boat could be worth the run north in the afternoon for a stickybeak
  5. Nothing wrong with a 5!!! And they can impress the ladies It also helps when you have a car for every mood.....
  6. PZG302

    Rocker slipping

    Well done Zac. Glad the motor is now running well. Hopefully after a few trouble free runs the thought of selling goes out the window. As much as I like my vals, the 280 would be a much easier daily to live with. Matt
  7. If you don't have receipt a stat dec signed by a JP should suffice. The stat dec should detail the car, who you purchased from, the date and the amount you paid. The interweb will be your friend, the dept transport site should have an example of what is required. I needed to do this to register my MX5 in Qld after purchase in NSW and didn't have a receipt, or rego papers.
  8. I have seen reports of this type of email as a new scam, also done by hijacking facebook pages as well. If it is a genuine problem, then the hotel and credit card companies are usually OK with making arrangements, especially with police report.
  9. I wouldn't say dark side, there are a few of on here with a foot in both camps, some more follically challenged than others
  10. But he may not be able to get on here all the time. I know with my work I can be away from a nerd box with interwebs at a moments notice for up to two weeks.
  11. Yep, and they have made the cricket one day world cup as well
  12. what is it with you bloody Victorians? We have some really fooly sick floods happening up here and then you lot have to go out and try to out do us :o In all seriousness, I hope everyone is Ok and staying dry down south with the drenching your copping. News reports on teh ABC looked like the situation was pretty serious in places. Stay safe everyone.
  13. My sister is in Toowoomba and got away lightly with some water through her yard doing some damage to the garden, but fortunately no damage to the house.
  14. PZG302

    240 Stone Tray

    C'mon everyone knows real race cars use dzus fasteners
  15. Is set up as a regularity car, so shoud be agood base for a Sc car, or continue on with regularity or sprints where a cage isn't required.
  16. Sorry Scoota you got nothin compared to what we're watching here up north........ Wish it wasn't so. At least I'm lucky and aren't affected by the floods, it's good living on the top of a hill and having a few more hills between my place and the river. Looks like next week will hopefully be out helping with the clean up, registered me and the ute so should get a call once the water has gone.
  17. Tim, Richard (260det), should be able to help you out in getting rid of the under bonnet hot air. His VG powered S130 makes very good use of bonnet vents to get rid of hot air under the bonnet with the added bonus of decreasing drag over the bonnet.
  18. PZG302

    240 Stone Tray

    Tek screws are my friend, though my car is circuit only so too far gone to worry about being a purest. They hold rear hatch perspex in perfectly.
  19. PZG302

    240 Stone Tray

    I believe they weren't fitted to the "lightweight" early 240 shell but were fitted to the late 240/260 shells. It looks to be a pretty easy retrofit, and will hopefully allow me to exploit a small loophole in the 2B rules for production sports cars.
  20. PZG302

    240 Stone Tray

    Thanks to Richard, I now have a pristine stone tray to fit up once this rain goes away. Hopefully I'll get some time over the next couple of weekends. Thanks again to Salty and Scooter for their generous offers.
  21. From 7pm if i remember. Unlike some I should be there
  22. Mine is a forum name I had used on other as well, basically the rego number of my old ZG Fairlane, that happened to have a 302 in it. Got the n7umber plate when I moved up to Qld and they were still only $55 for the retro re issues and that particluar plate was available and I also found out was originally issued within 18 months of the car being built. The Fairlane is long gone, but can't be arsed changing my using name Matt
  23. PZG302

    240 Stone Tray

    Done. Thanks Richard will pm to arrange pickup. I'm at Ashgrove so just around the corner. Thanks also to Salty and Scooter for their generous offers.
  24. PZG302

    240 Stone Tray

    Thanks Scooter, will give it a week or so to see if anyone up here can help out an if needed see whether yours or Salty's will best suit.
  25. PZG302

    240 Stone Tray

    Thanks Tim, yeah it needs to be factory to do what I want within the rules. Thanks for the offer Salty, being in brisvegas it would be nice to find one locally but if there is no joy I will let you know. I need a standard one to exploit the rules to form an underway in conjunction with a tray on the front spoiler to stiffen it up and then have the inflow continue under the car with a smooth transition to the stonetray. If I use a non standard tray I have to drill 50mm holes to minimise the airflow under the car I am chasing.
×
×
  • Create New...