Jump to content

PZG302

Donating Members
  • Posts

    1,852
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by PZG302

  1. System ended up being a 2.5 inch from 3 inch at the extractors with andrea bends, muffler and resonator with end out the side for 300. Very happy with the result, similar sound as before but knocked the noise down for running at Lakeside. Car just needs a wash and I'm ready to play.
  2. A quick reminder that I'll be racing Sunday at Lakeside. The exhaust has been fitted, and a big thank-you to the boys at Fat Pipes in Kallangur who put on a great system that won't annoy the noise police. Only need to change the oil, fit the slicks and give the car a wash and we're ready to go. On a sour note the ute got cleaned up on the way to pick up the trailer. The driver's door is fucked and I am having fun getting in and out via the passenger door.
  3. And completely off topic, i'm originally a mountain boy too. Grew up in Glenbrook and spent a couple of years in springwood. In fact, Winmalee Tyres were one of my first sponsors almost 20 years ago. I feel old now.
  4. Richard, been like that since Lakeside was reopened to get around complaints by residents. The CAMS requirement is basically the minimum standard for all tracks licenced to run CAMS events. If you look in the CAMS manual, rally and off road vehicles also have requirements for noise limits with a standardised testing structure.
  5. 'cause his wife's Gran was in the states and they imported the car to Aus in 2007 would be my guess.
  6. As the title says round 3 of the Qld prod. sports championship will be part of the Top Gear race meeting at Lakeside Sunday the 19th June. After 2 rounds I am sitting in 2nd place for the 2B pointscore. The car is getting a new exhaust fitted next Friday after throwing off my old system, luckily after the joint with the extractors, so only need a muffler and about 3 feet of pipe. I also picked up a set of Porsche Cup slicks with only about 15 laps on them, so should be up near the pointy end if it's a fine day and hopefully get into the 60's to improve on my times in Feb on 4 year old Yokis. Really looking forward to sticking it up the modern cars.
  7. If you read the recent history of Lakeside you'll see why we have to have these restrictions. Sad, but at least we get to enjoy the track, which is a much better result than some of the tracks down south (Amaroo for one, where noise contributed). I had to try to get my system down from 102dB, and ended up breaking the exhaust just after the extractors. I wasn't pinged for noise with the same system in Feb, so the cloud cover made the difference. To keep it quiet I had to run down the main straight in 5th doing less than 4500rpm on a trailing throttle.
  8. Stitch weld all the seams in the engine bay will also stiffen up the front end nicely.
  9. Must have been the tuition in the morning, hey Lurch
  10. Ouch!!! That's my race budget for 4 years and a new motor
  11. Not quite true. I can run any of the bits in the papers and more in 2B. The only problem being I need to run L series engine The only downside is a 40 year old car isn't going to beat a 2 year old car.
  12. PZG302

    Unique car mag

    Hodgo, if you're patient I can dig up the Australian Classic Car article from a couple of years ago.
  13. Pete, damn shame it won't comply with 2B Marque Sports. We have to use original series block and head. If the cost was upto $10k and power around 300 at the wheels I would be sending my car down express delivery to get one of these puppies. It would certainly open a few eyes around the traps when it hit the track wherever it showed up.
  14. Unfortunately one Z I know pc will be at Lakeside that day trying to get a swag of points for the PSCRAQ championship to stay in 2nd place at least
  15. Don't I know it, great fun upsetting the hairdressers in a car 20 years older than the oldest one of theirs......
  16. In CAMS circuit events you can race a fuel injected S30 Z in two classes, Group 2B Marque Sports Cars, like I race in Queensland. In NSW or Vic you would be wasting your time as a Z won't touch the modern cars that race in those states. The second category is Group Sc Historics, if the car is presented as 280Z. This will take a fair bit of effort and you will be in the front half of the field. The easiest way to get a Sc car would be to take Dat2kman up on his offer and buy his already built Sc 280Z, this will be a lot cheaper than building one. If you go rallying, I'm not sure on what the rules are, but there are a few guys here who know. Running injection isn't as easy as you may first think, my set up is going to be upgraded once I can find the money, will probably take the best part of $10k to do what I want. The standard logs are pretty ordinary for flow and the standard computer isn't that good, and if you play in Historics that's what you are stuck with.
  17. Shaun, if you're that behind a couple of beers won't matter. Come round anyway.
  18. Better not be over 95dB at the end of the exhaust or you might not be able to play. Lakeside can be fairly harsh on noise. I take a 90 bend and a baffle with just in case and mine isn't that loud. Have a safe trip up.
  19. As Lurch is making the trip up from way down Mexico way, and will be staying at my place for the weekend, it's about time for a beer and bullshit session to continue after Lapz. The notice is late, but this is the first day in the office near a nerd box for two weeks, so here are the details: The place will be my place at Ashgrove, nice and central to all in Brisvegas to come and poke fun at the Mexican. Basically, bring yourselves, a chair and some beverages. The BBQ can be fired up if you want, or I have a selection of fine cuisines from around the world within a 2 minute walk. Was thinking if the weather isn't condusive to BBQ, then pizzas could be the go, as I have one of Brisbane's best pizza shops a couple of hundred metres away. Start time would be when we got home from Lakeside. Food would start depending on what was wanted and when. The only other planned event would be the idiot box being on One HD to watch our Mark up against that Bloody German in qualifying. Those heading further on, there is plenty of parking across from my place, plus it would be good to upset the neighbours with lots of Zeds after having a visit from some uniformed gentlemen after taking mine out for a quick 200m test of clutch and plugs under load. If you would like to come along, either pm me through here, I have phone access, or see me on Saturday,to get details of address and so on. Matt
  20. So many lines Jason will finally be giving those khumos a blat now I have another set of wheels. Also have a new underdriven pulley to stop the coolant being pumped out and catch tank for a sealed cooling system after raiding the hairdresser car. Brakes are being bedded in for.June meeting and we will be looking good for September in the one hour.
  21. Yep, as Lurch alluded too, Saturday night will be BBQ and/or beers at my place, Ashgrove, for those interested. The night will be pretty casual, BYO drinks and meat, we'll fire up the BBQ, or we have one of Brisbane's best pizza shops 2 minutes walk away, and regale each other with tales of how we were be the best, fastest, bravest at Lakeside. We can even watch our Mark come in second behind that bloody German for the Spanish GP qually. Sorry it's late notice, but work has been out of control and am currently working 12-13 hours a day plus weekends, not happy!! Any way for those interested in a good bullshit session after Lapz, PM me and I'll supply address. We'll look at kicking off at around 7 to give everyone a chance to get home from and unpack their cars and scrub up. Matt
  22. About the only way to get a direct comparison on any engine mod is to do a power run on the dyno, swap the component and then do another run as soon as possible after to ensure all conditions are as consistent as possible. Looking at the weather and the rain we have had, don't be suprised if times are a little slower as the track may not have a lot of rubber on it. Air and track temp should be good for the day though.
  23. Not quite Greg, though times will give you an indication if the new AFM has made a difference, but there are way too many variables for a direct comparison of performance. Also will depend on what other mods you have done since the last day out and even down to the number of heat cycles through the tyres you are using.
  24. C'mon guys we've been through all this before, do we need to be so negative and aggressive to new people onto the site? Tony welcome and I hope you can find the parts you need and decide to stick around and enjoy the site and some of the characters that can be found around here.
  25. I'm pretty sure the condition report.calls it as.the car is seen. As with any car purchased through auction it's buyer beware. If I was in the market I would look at it as a shell for an Sc car or tarmac rally car.
×
×
  • Create New...