-
Posts
6,917 -
Joined
-
Days Won
471
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Articles
Media Demo
S30z Register
Store
Everything posted by C.A.R.
-
A set has been procured
-
Date: 7th December 2014. Venue: Como Park, South Yarra. A couple of points to consider. 1. If you want to be on show, you have to be in and parked between 8am and 9am. 2. The show hours are 9am-1pm. Our insurance and council permits mean that between these hours we are not to have cars moving around. Spectators and moving cars do not mix. This means if you are on show, you and your car are there for the duration, not leaving at 11am. If you have to leave early, unfortunately you have to park outside. 3. Have your $5 entry fee ready to go when you drive in, to ensure a smooth flow of traffic into the grounds. 4. Have fun, and enjoy the awesome machinery on display! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Eastern suburbs pre-meeting point will be 'The Village Green' pub, Springvale Rd, Mulgrave. This is so we can all drive in & park together on the LOWER oval. Time: 7:30am for a 7:45am departure. It's a 15min drive there, so we'll get there around 8:00am & drive into the LOWER oval on Alexandra Ave. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attending: Lurch Bruce Dimitri Joel Gav (maybe) Gareth Ash Phil Wayne Simon (maybe) Robbie (no car) JohnBoy Marc Mark Mos (maybe) Tai Owen the Ungrateful Alex Dan Mark Scoota Gareth Adrian Jamo fbr
-
I'll concede that my post above was a bit harsh Lindsey, so I've edited it. However, my personal opinion of yourself and your business is my own & that will not change. Indeed when relatively recent occurrences such as this happen: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=11910.15 one must be cautious about dealing with a business/individual with a reputation - more-so in a small community such a Z cars... /end.
-
Needs more cowbell.
-
I personally wouldn't recommend the Z Shop. Les is very busy atm & you'll have to have a budget of $6k+ to get him to do it for you. Peter Mac is probably your best bet for your budget.
-
Thanks Mick - I'm not THAT keen for another project though... Anyone else have a pair?
-
I'm after a set of 240Z carbies with linkages - doesn't have to have the manifold or airbox. Must be in good condition & suitable for reconditioning. Cash paid - let me know if you have a set & how much. PM me here or call: Zero Four Zero Zero Zero Five Four Five Seven Two Cheers!
-
I've can supply a gearbox. $2000.00 - can be cheaper with an exchange unit.
-
I've got one here Dave - it's a bit beaten about, but it's yours if you cover the postage. Gimme a call if you want.
-
Brand new "King springs" lwrd 30mm. ***RELISTED***
C.A.R. replied to zeds4ever's topic in Parts and Tools for Sale
These are to suite late 260Z 2-seater & 2+2. -
I should explain... The owner of the Zed I am currently restoring, told me to sell-on any parts that were not going to be required in the rebuild - that LH door skin being one. The LH door off the Zed had two small rust bubbles in the bottom the skin, so I was just going to repair them, rather than re-skin the door. I then had the body & panels media blasted, which reveled the LH door skin to be more akin to a slice of Swiss cheese - someone previously had fibre-glassed & bogged the INSIDE of the door skin to cover up the rust. It was such a good job I couldn't tell it had issues! I now have to replace the skin, so of course I needed the new door skin. I've refunded Mark the $ & apologized, but it seams he's still upset with me Again Scoota, I'm sorry for all this stuffing around mate
-
All Red Zed Team has a nice ring to it Just remember it's not just the 4 drivers/ cars, but you need at least 4-6 people to help run the team: tram manager (who's not a driver), pit wall timers 2-4 so they can be rotated on & off, runners/gophers etc. A 6 car team is preferable too, in case some cars break down. Simon, to answer your previous question, you get a minimum of 1hr total track time on Sunday, but no driver can do more than, IIRC, 2.5hrs total hrs.
-
Well... an interesting & sum-what difficult day. I ran my first session at around 12-noon (IIRC). All was going well until I noticed the tamp gauge climbing half way through... I finished the session & popped the bonnet only to find coolant sprayed all over the engine bay. As it turned out, the radiator cap I had fitted didn't have the large rubber seal around the base & with the high RPM it lost it's meager seal & pumped a lot of coolant out. N00b mistake on my part... Second session the temps went up again so I turned the heater on & they seems to stabilize... BUT during the day, my team mates Glen & Murray in the Alfa GTV killed their clutch, then Dave in his MGB came in missing No2 piston & con-rod , Ian's MR2 decided to lunch it's LSD (was too dangerous to drive apparently), so this left Ray in his old 911 & me... I went out for my final session, got 3 or so laps in when I noticed steam in the cabin & water in the foot-well - the heater-core had let go I guess I can't blame it as it is 40 years old... Ray then welt out & at least finished the event, so I think we ended up in the low 30's out of a field of 50 teams. We'll have to wait for official result to be posted, before we'll know exactly how we went... A great even with LOTS of track time - just a pity we had mechanical failures... It is however a VERY hard event on the cars. One really needs a proper endurance race-car for this type of event - NOT a 40yo Datsun road car...
-
Finished up practice today - zed is running great! Lots of people going for off-road excursions, causing many safety cars periods... I got all of about 3 clean timed laps in for the day I've set a lap time of 2:00min - about 2 secs away so it'll give me a buffer if I go too fast. Weather looks good for Sunday, so fingers crossed we'll have a good outcome!
-
Steve, I won't hazzard a guess at my nominated time - I'll wait till Saturday Practice. I'm all packed up & ready to go - the last month has been busy getting the Zed prepped (incl. a new Gearbox & Diff). I'm hoping for clear weather, so wish me luck! If anyone wants to come down either Saturday or Sunday & say hello, it's FREE no gate entry.
-
Dear God... How much rust is in it?!
-
Pity is was organized the same weekend as the PI 6-Hour
-
None of the above. They are all too slow & they are too hard to get parts for. R33 Skyline or S13 Silvia. Cheap, faster than an old 4cyl Dato, heaps of aftermarket support and spares parts availability.
-
The Ebay Thread #2 - Post Ebay Parts Here!
C.A.R. replied to XRQTR's topic in Parts and Tools for Sale
By who, mate? -
1973 240Z Group S moves to Melbourne
C.A.R. replied to nullavalemike's topic in Introductions and Forum Etiquette
Welcome Mike - I'll hopefully catch up with you soon -
Vic doesn't like the original body colour, so it'll be going to a lighter shade of bronze. The White interior is staying, with the seats & door cards being re-trimmed atm. Wheels are off getting refurbished & the bumpers re-chromed.
-
You competing, Willy?
-
(Firstly my apologies for the crappy photo's - I'm getting a DSLR soon). The story goes... Vic's Son bought this RS30 circa 2000 as an 'escape project' from his Uni studies. They both drove it around for a couple of weeks before Vic's son pulled it to bits in readiness for a full respray - which never happened. After Uni, Vic's son left for work in Perth & has never returned, so the poor Zed has sat stagnant for the past 15 years up on blocks. Vic contacted me a last year and I duly went & inspected it. To my surprise, it was an original country car, with all it's papers, a factory 5-speed car with matching numbers! Vic has taken over the project from his son & has instructed me to get it rebuilt, repainted & back on the road. I've had it for a couple of weeks now & have completely rebuilt the brakes, fitted new Koni Sport dampers to the rear (front's were already done by Vic's son) including all new suspension bushes. I'm now pulling it down in preparation for media blasting. I've got some minor rust repairs on the inside radiator support panel to do, & an old floor repair - while sound - needs tidying up. More photos as progress happens Engine is now out, as is the dash & heater box.
