My New Ride, Spit the SE

George

Picked it up yesterday and spent a while cleaning it. Don't think the guy washed it in a year.  :-\

Slightly modded and a great base for further mods. Has exhaust, intake, cooler, brakes etc. It's all the things I would have done so now I can spend money on ecu, injectors, tune.

Went for a drive through the Natio and I have to say I'm in love. The feedback is amazing. You can feel it getting on edge and correct if need be. Just buckets of grip and grins.  ;D

Never names my cars but this one is called Spit. When I started washing it my mother yelled out that it's so small I could spit and wipe to wash it. It's a bit of a shocker name but we had a good laugh and what the heck.  :P  ;D

Meet Spit.

img3961d.jpg

img3956x.jpg

img3958v.jpg

img3960y.jpg

img3970t.jpg

img3991tc.jpg

img3982j.jpg

img3996u.jpg

Haha the good old hairdresser jokes and lets not forget "your wife just called and wants her car back"

Oh the joy of when i would blow them away on the road ;D never heard those jokes again.

Car looks awesome. Some nice mods already added i see, congrats.

HEY

Lest we forget, us older Z drivers that is, back in 83 when i stepped into my Zed after wiping off my 351 Cobra, I remember my 260Z copping hairdresser jokes from my V8 driving buddies.

The Z is more respectable now, but back then it was just a rice burner to the Ford Holden and Chrysler boys.

Nice ride spit, now put it away for about 20 years, and get your butt back in a real hairdressers ride......LOL

Hey Lurch, welcome back, missed your Banter on the forum the last few days, how did the Nail Technicians Seminar go in Canberra?

Cheers

John

Also George, ignore those uneducated rockapes and their haidresser comments ;) They obviously haven't had the pleasure of driving or being driven in a 5 hard through a set of twisties leaving pretty much all behind.

Don't try too hard to sell the Z as you now have the best of both worlds. ;D

Nice car, but I am a bit worried.

You have $60,000+ of cars and you still live with your mother???

No need to be worried about me. Yes I live with my mummy and yes that's how I can afford the cars and my mortgage. Thanks for your concern though. :)

• Moderators

I first drove an mx5 in 1989...liked it then , still like it now. Im just too friggin tall for one  :(

very nice veehiiikle George.

Never driven one, but a friend has one and like Chris, too bloody tall for it! Head almost pokes out from top of the sceen. Came from Japan with LSD, Tein coilovers but with tiny brakes...Could you take a close up pic and details of your brake combo?

I love these cars.  One of the guys at AROCA had one in 1990 and it was a little rocket.  It kicked but in the motakhanas!

Everytime I point one out to my wife, she asks me if I'm a Hostie!  Followed by a few offensive and discriminating terms for left footers.  :-*

More power to you.  I wish I had the courage to get one, but I'm weak  :'(