240z / 260z replacement engine bay & Floor rails, Now available S.A.

nat0_240_chevZ

yawn!!!! aghhh....did someone ring???

sorry guys been really busy with work, working on my car and getting ready for another little'ee....

sounds like i have enough to gear up for another batch...

Great to hear there is some more cars coming back to life.

Ive been doing hatch shut panel sections as any spare time is going into the repair lately.

ok guys, to formally advise your intent, get pm's and or emails off to me.

I seriously havent even been looking on the forum of late so missing out on any updates, i promise I wont fob off any longer,

its just been hectic as, of late.

nat0

just one pair?? ahh, may not be enough now!!! lol

on a serious note, this is the main reason why its best for them to be done in larger batch qtys, as the machine setups and trying to lock-down time to do them is the biggest hurdle.

I guarantee you though, after Late June there is NO hope for these to be produced for at-least 2-3 years.....! just a warning!!!.

with #2 on the way (little nat0'z) there wont be much left in the fuel tank for cars full stop.

So if your thinking, 'Ah, I'll get them when I need them, next year sometime.' Id think again!!!

These things take up enough time as it is and hence My recommendation to get them while you can.

I have a 2+2 on loan to get the long ones finish designed, but Im struggling to do so!

cheers

nat0

• Administrators

I'll have to run it past the treasury department. Is there a rough cost on them?

Whilst my treasury department isn't as bad as Joe Hockey, I'd like to know a rough cost for same parts also?

• Administrators

260ea/520 pr

whos still in?

How far away are you from producing these? I just bought something expensive, hence will need to check how many pay cheques between now and when you produce them :).

I can commit to 1 set, but pending the second at this stage.

ok guys, we are under way, for probably what looks to be the last run for quite some time.

Based on that, I am making a couple of extra pairs, but at this rate unsure as to how long they will last.

I really do appreciate the interest and push of these rails, it started out as a need for my self, to make good items, which were not available to this std.

And now to be able to help out some of these cars get back into a tidy state and on the road, as it pains me to see them getting pulled from the road and/or parted out.

I have a 2+2 on loan, whilst im waiting for the sheets & blanks Ill try to push them along, no guarantees however.

Below is a short list of whom is on the waiting list. these guys will get preference no matter what:-

-Jap Metal

-zed74

-Gav240z

-24TZ

-zzzzed

-abzcar260

-ackent1

for the 'other' enquiries ive had of late, added below to keep track of what I work on next, 'IF' i get the time.

Those wanting, 'IF' available, 260z 2 seater floor rails:-

-RaZed

-Old Man Z (need to confirm year and Qty of seats)

Those wanting, 'IF' available, 260z 2+2 seater floor rails:-

-Iceberg x2 pairs floor rails (plus lwr rad sup't)

-benn.greg

Hey guys

I was just wondering what's involved in doing the front chassis rails, how do get all the suspension parts that mount on the rails to go back to stock angles and position?, also how bad would you guys say the rails would have to be to replace the whole lot like this vs just patching sections of the front rails up?. Thanks

Hey guys

I was just wondering what's involved in doing the front chassis rails, how do get all the suspension parts that mount on the rails to go back to stock angles and position?, also how bad would you guys say the rails would have to be to replace the whole lot like this vs just patching sections of the front rails up?. Thanks

Happy to discuss this with you in a separate thread, to keep this one clean / clear.

On a relevant note, I can confirm the front engine bay rails have the holes & mounts for the front cross member, sway bar and tow hook locations all cut and/or marked precisely to where they really need to be for a perfect fit.

Otherwise there are a 'few' holes, which are used by the factory for jig alignment/sub-assy when made. be sure these have been extensively measured and verified on several 'good' examples of the 240z & 260z chassis.

Reason for rail changeover is for either of these reasons, starting from the most obvious reason

-Accident damge, ie a Kink, tear or bend/bow or crumple in the rail, box section

-rust or other degenerative condition ie battery acid eating the old one.

-replace/re-fix a previous dodgy repair

-rail strengthening for race/rally/modfications

-for shits n giggles

• Administrators

Hey guys

Personally I'm buying mine to have a spare set, just in case I ever need them. Not sure how easy it will be to get Mr Nato to make another pair in future.

Nathan, I'd still be up for a set . 75 2 seater . Also, radiator support for 75 260Z on is different from the 240 and 74 260 (I think?). Having just the stock valance and not a spoiler , the standard support hangs a lot lower than the 240 one , kind of ugly from the front compared to the earlier models . Do you know if they are interchangeable and if so I'd also be keen on one of the as well! thanks, Will