260DET Posted June 16, 2012 Posted June 16, 2012 fastest 4 6 8 and overall fastest zed time grand champ , we have to go faster than Kev , 1.38 at the island Who is Kev? Anyway that is too quick so I vote to ban Kev Quote
d3c0y Posted June 16, 2012 Posted June 16, 2012 Biting the bullet and am getting a tow car, FG Falcon probably, plus a trailer. Want to go to Eastern Creek and Bathurst some time too. Thought about hiring a tow vehicle setup which would be the second choice. You? Don't know I would like to give the L34 a run at the island though. It's a big drive even with a tow car I might just get it shipped down and then fly to meet it. That way I have something to drive around down there too! Maybe if we got enough cars together we could book a whole truck out and get a good rate? My mate gets his Ferrari 360 shipped around a bit and it's about to come over from WA so I'm going to hit him and see who he uses. Quote
Gordo Posted June 16, 2012 Posted June 16, 2012 Good idea Jake, I'm sure there will be a few cars coming from QLD, be interesting to see how much it would cost. Quote
d3c0y Posted June 17, 2012 Posted June 17, 2012 We can get them all dropped off at Les's for a last minute southern tune too haha! Quote
DAZDA Posted June 17, 2012 Posted June 17, 2012 I asked a perfectly reasonable question about which SuperSprint rules were likely to be used (so I can start getting my car sorted) and suddenly this has turned into a criticism of people chasing trophies. IMO this is exactly the piss poor attitude regularly shown on these forums. Any opportunity to have a crack at someone or go on a witch-hunt is enjoyed by many on here. There are plenty of examples, the increasing engine torque thread which got heavily moderated, the number of times Peter Mac has threatened to never post again, etc. It’s a sad reflection on all of us (as members of these forums) that this place is so harsh. *Puts on Flame-suit* Flame away and prove me right. Quote
dat2kman Posted June 17, 2012 Posted June 17, 2012 Bede, and others, and most of you will have little idea, but, not surprisingly, the "rules" and the classes, for each of the Nationals that have been run for the last dozen or so years , get changed, they evolve into what each year event organiser feels and thinks will be best fit, to suit the huge array of potential cars that may turn up. To adopt a particular Australian State Super Sprint series class rules, can be too limiting, due to our specific car types, ie in , say, a CAMS Sports cars 2B class 2000 to 3500cc the field will be huge! In 2009 the Qld mob semi adopted the previous Nationals classes, combined a bit of generic SuperSprint classes, and then whacked in some extras. The idea there was to have just a handfull in each and every class, so that pretty well everyone got to take home a bit of shiny plastic/wood/tin/glass. Of the 80 or so at the track day, some 30 awards were made, and at the show shine, of 170 cars, some 20 awards were given out. There were many happy people. Come 2013, the organisers will no doubt evolve and come up with a structure, but, dont expect to be advised as to what and how in the short term. Qld hadnt set theirs until two months pre event! To run a Nats, there is a whole heap of stuff to be dine, and it pretty much is all done by a very small core group of volunteer enthusiasts, so, dont panic, no doubt they will come up with something! Quote
DAZDA Posted June 17, 2012 Posted June 17, 2012 Jason, I'm happy to wait for the Categories/Classes (and I certainly understand why I have to wait and the effort put in by organisers), I'm just disappointed with the reaction on here to me asking the question... Quote
d3c0y Posted June 17, 2012 Posted June 17, 2012 What's wrong with chasing trophies? Sounds like a comment from someone with a slow car hahaha! (Not you Dazda) Quote
dat2kman Posted June 17, 2012 Posted June 17, 2012 Bede,,, hmm yes, i see what you did there !!! Yes you are pretty spot on re the Keyboard Warrior type, a far cry from when Shintaro was roaming the wastelands of Edo, with his Samurai buddies, no hiding behind the flatscreen then, it was balls deep, as they jumped upwards and backwards to hide in a room corner, waiting for Ninja moment. Todayit would seem that on odd occaision we fly the USS Keyboard, and sprout forth. Take it with a grain of salt, thats all we can do. You think this site has a few on here, well, dont think of heading over to Performance Forums, they gearbox everyone! Quote
luvemfast Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 See Dazda..... Now you've sent Jason off on one of his Yoda type resonses. Yoda or drugs..... can't be sure But, I dare say, common sense will prevail. As Jason said, 2,000cc - 3,500cc just wont work. Then theres modern and classic, let alone forced induction. Set your car up to how you want it. Cos at the end of the day, we're there to have fun! Quote
dat2kman Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 Ah, Simon! You forgot my preffered brew AVGAS !! I decanted the tank in the 120Y this morning! 3/4" jiggler siphon and three x 20 lt drums later,,,, Hows the song go,, "i'm walking on sunshine,,,,,,," Quote
260DET Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 I don't care what the classes are, my car is already built and I'm just looking forward to the Nationals thing and trying to do good laps around Phillip Island Quote
bluerat Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 Oh and Jase, I still have 10 litres of the old high lead dark green Avgas tucked away in the shed, I'll bring it with me along with a couple of old 62's for the 'Y Quote
peter mc Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 I don't care what class I'm in as long as i get to drive at the island , its a magic place , going flat out in to Honda is so much fun . Quote
Ledge Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 Hey guys What is accommodation like down that way, Never actually been to Phillip island and i am really considering bringing the Z over Cheers Paul Quote
peter mc Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 there is lots of places to stay on the island , all not to far from the track ... you have to come over mate Quote
luvemfast Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 You can pretty much rent any building on the whole island. Quote
C.A.R. Posted June 18, 2012 Author Posted June 18, 2012 I probably not even going to bother with the track day - I'll do the Nav run instead Quote
Gordo Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 8 Months to go, this thread is going to get a beating, how many hits will it get befor the Nationals get under way? Quote
dat2kman Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 All the lovely accomodation places realise it is a long weekend, and ramp up prices. When the V8's and the bikes are on, they triple room rates. The All Seasons Eco Tourist Resort has a few multi bedroom units, good way to share costs, another place in Ventnor, Alvina Cottages has same multi bedroom cottages. Quote
luvemfast Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 Didn't Gav mention his mum bought a place down there to rent out? How many blokes and Z's can it fit? Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted June 18, 2012 Administrators Posted June 18, 2012 Didn't Gav mention his mum bought a place down there to rent out? How many blokes and Z's can it fit? Yep, she just bought a place for renting out so if you guys are interested drop me an email gavindoolan (at) gmail dot com and will see if we can organise something for you. Not sure how many people it would hold or how many cars, but I recall a double lock up garage in pics (could be wrong!) and a driveway. I'm not sure if it's ready for rent just yet but by the Nationals it should be anyway. Will see what I can do about getting a good price for you guys also. Quote
sco_aus Posted June 19, 2012 Posted June 19, 2012 I'm driving my ass down from Canberra, probly towing it down, a long way to go if I break it lol. Can't wait. Canberrans, keep an eye on our section of the forums, I'll be posting soonish about a good accommodation deal Quote
Jk_zeder Posted June 19, 2012 Posted June 19, 2012 I'll do the drive down from the Gold Coast, it's a decent run but it's going to be worth it. Fkn pumped to drive the Island and meet up with you southerners. As for trophys, as long as I win the "wtf is this guy doing?!" award I'm happy. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.