Peter T's 75 2+2

peter t

Lol, yea I must be getting old also.... Went the same path, Triples > 4 Barrel > New SUs

Out of interest, where'd you go for new SU's?. I went for the Midel HS6 conversion kit. Love them, but took about 3 needle changes to get the AFR spot on. 

1 hour ago, RAP260 said:

Lol, yea I must be getting old also.... Went the same path, Triples > 4 Barrel > New SUs

Out of interest, where'd you go for new SU's?. I went for the Midel HS6 conversion kit. Love them, but took about 3 needle changes to get the AFR spot on. 

Yep got the SU's from CP Competition. Still waiting for my mate to do a final tune as he has been quite busy.

I still have a set of 240 round tops if anyone is after a set.

• 10 months later...
  • Administrators
21 hours ago, peter t said:

Well after all these years I finally got around to painting and cleaning the tail lights and surrounds.

Did you black out the chrome bits? What colour did you paint the tail light finisher panel (the light grey / silver colour)?

17 hours ago, gav240z said:

Did you black out the chrome bits? What colour did you paint the tail light finisher panel (the light grey / silver colour)?

Yep was quoted $160 a piece to rechrome and 6 months waiting so used matt black enamel after sanding.

Paint is Grey/silver metalic. rubbed right back ater three attempts and used plastic clear primer/4 top coats and 4 clear.

Tried gun metal but was too dark on the dark green for my liking.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, peter t said:

Yep was quoted $160 a piece to rechrome and 6 months waiting so used matt black enamel after sanding.

I actually like them blacked out, I find the chrome a bit busy and fussy on the 260z tail lamps.

Not sure about the white face gauges however, it's a bit 90s for me.

Keen to see how the Skillard Grilles look on the bonnet once installed. As I contemplated getting them myself.

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2022 at 8:32 PM, peter t said:

Vents installed and the latest addition the EZ Powersteering Unit installed and operating. Love it.

IMG_7072.JPG

Any photos of the vents installed in the bonnet? Keen to see how these look!

On 11/4/2022 at 2:31 PM, 77260Z said:

Any photos of the vents installed in the bonnet? Keen to see how these look!

Sorry. Just log on to Skillard. They have pics there.  sorry havent done so yet.