[Melb] Datsun 240z

Cdr Zero

From another forum I lurk at:

The backstory:

This car was my baby, my pride and joy, six months ago certain delinquents in the fitzroy area decided to break in, attempt to steal the car, fail to do so, so smash off my mirrors and beat up a very beautiful car.

After numerous arguments with the insurance company i got a very meager pay out and bought a motorbike (due to living in fitzroy and traffic around punt rd being hell)

The car has been sitting out the front of my house making me more and more depressed that I don't have the time or the cash to fix it up. I had plans to fix it but now have a job offer which will have me move to new york maybe never to return.

To be honest the car is in pretty average shape but the mechanics are brilliant, in the three years that i drove it i spent $200 servicing it every few months and it never ever failed to start and never died on me, not once. Electrics are also in excellent condition although i took the battery out after the attempted robbery so will need that, as well as new tyres and new brakes. Car is hooked up for a good stero system to (previous one was stolen but they left the cables...)

I need to sell this quick as my departure date for new york is july 5th.

Reserve $900

Instant $1600

Keep in mind somebody with time could sell off parts of this car and make over $2000+, i just don't have the time.

Facts:

- Car not registered

- Small amounts of rust in the usual places, structural integrity remains though

- Could be road worthy for only a few k worth of investment

- These cars are among the most pleasurable and sexy cars you could ever drive

- Perfect for a project car, the engine bay can fit many many many combinations

- Sunroof

Needs:

- New locks

- New brakes

- New battery

- New tyres

- Small amount of rust/paint repair (body structure is fine)

Pics:

dato240zbody.jpg

datoinside.jpg

inspections welcome, fitzroy location.

I've asked him to PM me his email address.

as a matter of interest, this car was parked in Queens Pde Nth Fitzroy for quite a while. It looked a bit untidy but decent and had a note on the

windscreen "leave this car alone and it's not for sale". Now a very cheap resto buy from what I saw. Some other members here must have seen it.

• Administrators

How much did it go for? $1600 is damn cheap. If the seller had of listed it here I reakon they would have got double. Congrats to the person who bought it. I think this car may have been from WA originally too.

I've been avoiding this as much as possible, mainly because I know many people on here want to stab the new owner right about now, but I guess it's time for the truth to come out.

IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!!!!   ;D

My reason for buying it was a strategic move to save money. This car had a perfectly straight front bumper which I needed and I thought to myself, I might as well buy that car and see if there's any other parts I can interchange and make 1 close to perfect Z and 1 daily Z.

I only had a brief look at the car as it was dark and rainy and my tow guy was in a hurry.

- what I know so far is its, slightly rusted in the rear quarter, small rust bubbles along the rear tailgate window.

- doors around the lock areas have been kicked in are warped and paint is cracked

- locks are busted on the doors

- brake drops too the floor

- somewhat decent interior and somewhat decent engine bay

- ROUND TOPS!! MUHAHAHAHHAHAHA

My plans are to just get a quick fix and put it on the road as the other car is depressing me with its current progress. I'll start the work this weekend. I may need to rush this project as well, due to unforeseen things happening at work. Let's just say for some reason I'm lucky as of late.

You should definently wreck what you don't need and sell me the worser of the two (best one for yourself) of the following parts:

Dash loom

Inside and outside door handle and mechanism etc

Boot locking mechanism

Bonnet locking mechanism

Front grill

Don't listen to the voices in your head saying keep both ;)

You should definently wreck what you don't need and sell me the worser of the two (best one for yourself) of the following parts:

If he's going to wreck it, he should take the couple of little pieces he needs and hand it over this way.... I have a hankering for a long term project....