Feb'09 THREDBO 4 day Run - 20th to 23rd Feb 2009 is confirmed as on.

620Z

Good news boys the 370Z has confirmed to be attending our trip up to Thredbo. Unfortunately they can't leave with us but will be leaving around lunch time on Friday and expect to arrive in time for dinner around 7pm. They plan on getting some early morning sun rise shots then attend our display on the Village Green in the heart of town. After that they intend to head home early. So it will only be a quick visit for them but I am sure we will all be happy to check out the new car and have a chat with the boys. They hope to interview many of us traditional Zed owners and do a bit of a write up on the trip of which I am sure we will get a mention. Sulio, Lurch & myself will try and compile a bit of video with Sulio putting it all together in a DVD which we can send out to all attendee's. James with the 370Z will be keen to get a hold of this and use some of the images for his own promotion I am sure.

Good to have them on board even for a breif period.  :D  See you all soon.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should be fine, but you'll lose the full HD resolution when you export the end result. Does it record to hard drive or tape? Unless you capture the raw vision straight to your computer's hard drive, and export a full HD movie, you'll end up with Standard Definition anyway. You'll also lose quality once you burn it to DVD, print to tape etc.

I'm not sure about 6.5 - are you capturing via firewaire or USB?

I work in TV and have access to plenty of editing goodies, so if you get stuck I can help you out. PM later in the week if you can't capture the footage and we'll devise a plan!

its funny how you get parranoid on long trips..

Ive packed a big toolbox with everything but the kitchen sink. (sink didnt fit  :-X).....+ case of beer ! total excess bagagge = 50Kg !!

arrr Sulio I think you and Josh will spend 3 days talking about vids & editing  ::)

Oil change done, wheel alignment done, tyres checked, coolant checked, brake fluid packed, Zed washed & vacuumed.

Cloths packed, chargers packed, UHF packed, MiniDV cam charged & packed.

Sctoch, Beer, Condoms, eninmas & vaginal speculems packed.

Fhew...

Razz - it'll be fine mate ;)

busy couple of days, my how this thread has grown!

It should be fine, but you'll lose the full HD resolution when you export the end result. Does it record to hard drive or tape? Unless you capture the raw vision straight to your computer's hard drive, and export a full HD movie, you'll end up with Standard Definition anyway. You'll also lose quality once you burn it to DVD, print to tape etc.

I'm not sure about 6.5 - are you capturing via firewaire or USB?

I work in TV and have access to plenty of editing goodies, so if you get stuck I can help you out. PM later in the week if you can't capture the footage and we'll devise a plan!

Records to hard drive and I use fire wire. Oh well gotta get some decent footage first.

Ah all ready!

Sulio

• Administrators

Someone do me a favour and take a spare distributor. The 1 and only time my 240z has over broken down was due to a Distributor. If you don't take a whole distributor at least take the dizzy module E12 (I think they are) as a spare.

got back an hour ago !! :) :)

Im knackered. HUUUUUGE weekend !! Most of the Vics are still there, massive turn-up especially the Sydney guys. 1000's of pics and hours of footage....oh yeah and the 370z .....whoa, what  can I say.

I need a beer right now...I'll be back.

Got back a couple of hours ago, a fantastic weekend from someone who was not going to go originally. Glad I went, great location, great cars and great people.

Well done Craig and Sulio, thanks for the organisation.

Millions of pictures when it is all added up, here are some teasers.

Warren

post-78-144023513906_thumb.jpg

post-78-144023513913_thumb.jpg

post-78-144023513919_thumb.jpg

post-78-144023513924_thumb.jpg