Challenge Bathurst 2018

24 Dat

The dates or CB this year are 15th to the 18th of November, Super Sprints on the Thursday and Friday and Regularity Saturday and Sunday.

Entries will open in July

I have a huge group already planning to compete, i have 45 people who are now starting to pay deposits for Group E (Group Z as we call ourselves) organised by the ZCCQ   8)   8)   8) loads of Z's and ZX's and other great Nissan/Datsuns  8)   8)   8)  so if your not competing save the dates and plan coming out to Bathurst as it is an amazing 4 days. 

I have a full group of 55 spots  so that means i have 10 spots left, that i can fill, we have campsites in the Officials and volunteers camping area and cover garages on pit straight for competitors, an some other great sweeteners.

Its a totally  awesome event and we are building to a huge 50th anniversary celebration of the 240Z in 2020 with a planned 50 S30's and other Z'x and ZX's and spots for other awesome Datsun/Nissans  you will have need to compete in at least one of the past 2 years or one of the next 2 years to be considered as track experience is vital  

PM me if you would like to compete

Cheers

Dave

Hi Justin ,

Here is a link to the 2017 Sup Regs it might help your question about requirements, otherwise PM me and i will let you know my email address 

http://www.challengebathurst.com/sites/default/files/cb-2017/CB-17-Supplementary-Regulations-Final-as-6-7-17.pdf 

The fastest time you can complete a lap in the Regularity is 2.36:000 we have had a couple of cars (non Z's) in our group go faster than that and have there run black flagged, 

but the fastest Z last year was Jon Siddins 2.37:978 in his Green 240Z and in 2016 I did 2.38:882 in my Gold 240Z

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave. Would love to run with you guys this year. If you can save a spot for me in your regularly group that would be awesome. Been looking at this event for some time now. And finally I can lock this year in. Cheers Gordo.

Hi Dave. Would love to run with you guys this year. If you can save a spot for me in your regularly group that would be awesome. Been looking at this event for some time now. And finally I can lock this year in. Cheers Gordo.

Cool Gordo, i have been hoping you would come along and join us,  its an awesome event and we all have a great time. I'll PM you with my email details so i can send you the latest info and lists.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, currently i have only 5 spots left for the group of 55 i organise, 21 Z's at present and another 20 Datsun/Nissans. Covered Garages and free camping in the Official/Volunteer camping area for this group competitors and some other great sweeteners. i already have a few AusZcar members entered. 

PM me if your interested, this year my group will be full!

• 1 month later...

Just bumping this,

On the Challenge Bathurst  Facebook page today, entries are now open for the Regularity and the Super Sprint for past competitors, they have said there is already a  waiting list for all those who have not competed before in the event, so it will guaranteed be a sell out this year,  I have a few spots left in Group Z for this years Regularity.

If you want to join us for this totally awesome event please contact me asap  

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gordo this came up last year on this forum, check out page 2 of the CB17 thread

I run the Hankook Z214's but most of the guy in Z's are running A050's

Below from the sup regs 

2.14 TYRE REGULATIONS
2.14.1 Both Categories:
All tyres must in accordance with Schedule E of the current CAMS Manual of Motor Sport

The same as last year

• 2 months later...

A bit of an update, The entire event is nearly sold out and the Regularity Group Z is nearly full. i have 52 entries, 21 of those being Z's and another 18 various Datsun/Nissans.

It will be an amazing weekend. We are in need of more volunteers! if anyone would like to flag, even for 1 day there are loads of benefits, there is even free food every day, and , free clothing and accommodation, or camping site other bonuses if you volunteer for 2 days or more

please PM me if you would like to come out and i will get you all the details

Super Sprints 15th and 16th of November and Regularity 17th and 18th of November.DSC05990.thumb.JPG.5ae0010903e1b1578bfb2ab5f1246f7a.JPGDSC05985.thumb.JPG.8cbb8f6302248f41a9ed83f94c4a9e38.JPGDSC06102.thumb.JPG.d289bb49e99d17041853d87d9640ffbf.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you planning to come out to Bathurst on the weekend of CB, Group E which has 21 Z's mostly S30's and another 18 Datsun/Nissans along with a few other marques. We will be on the track at

Saturday 10.20, 14.00, and 16.30

Sunday 9.50,13.30 and 16.30

Its free for spectators so park up at Harris Park and come over the Super cheap bridge and come on down to the pits to say hi 

Its not to late to come and volunteer for the weekend you will get 3 meals a day and free accommodation and other bonuses  but you must act fast please PM me 

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys. The car is pritty much ready for Bathurst. Think I will bring two types of rear spoilers and see what sort of speed gains I can get on The straights. I’ll wait for the last weather forecast to see what tires are needed. I only want to bring one set if possible.

Should make it to the track about lunch time Friday. 

Hows everyone else’s prep going?

Unfortunately I'm not going this year Gordo, your PI experience should be a great benefit although Bathurst has a greater variance of challenges. Make sure you post lots of video, it will be very interesting to see what your times are.

We’re off to Targa High Country first so just finishing the prep for that and then we head straight to Bathurst after that.  Just needs a diff change and a spanner check in between.

Last year we had an engine component failure on the last day of Targa which required some surgery in the Bathurst car park before scrutineeing, hoping not to repeat that this year.

Roger

Hi Gordo,

If you arrive midday Friday expect a big line up for scrutineering, if possible try and get there as early on Friday as you can

I am hoping to have the car, gear, spares and trailer sorted this weekend ready to load next up weekend. 

Are any forum members planning to come out over the CB weekend to spectate?

5 minutes ago, RLY240 said:

We’re off to Targa High Country first so just finishing the prep for that and then we head straight to Bathurst after that.  Just needs a diff change and a spanner check in between.

Last year we had an engine component failure on the last day of Targa which required some surgery in the Bathurst car park before scrutineeing, hoping not to repeat that this year.

Roger

Good luck at Targa High Country,  Roger. keep safe and i hope the car goes great and you don't have any problems.

• 2 weeks later...