Jump to content

600Z

Donating Members
  • Posts

    359
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 600Z

  1. Thanks Grae, its all in, wired up and if it wasn't raining i would be test driving it right now Oh well tomorrow is another day and i will know what its like to have power steering ; ) Horn is still off in the pictures in case I have to change the position but that's how it's sitting in the car.
  2. Well the steering column is all finished and has been bolted into the car tonight, tomorrow the electrical side and then ready for the test driving....... Yahoo....
  3. Sounds like fuel to me, what sort of fuel pump are you running? If its an electric one and you have blocked filters it could cause it by not keeping up to the fuel demand. Apart from your main filter you could check the fuel filters on each carburettor that's inside the fuel inlet fitting and around the banjo bolt that holds it onto the top of the carburettor.
  4. And I have to agree with all the previous comments on here about your car and workmanship, amazing work I'm very impressed and can't wait to see the finished product. But only question I have is when are you starting mine lol Justin
  5. I agree Hokin years ago I had a 180B SSS that I did up and loved it, wish I had never sold it or at least the motor I did for it, be worth a lot now with a SSS big port head and twin 48's and much more.
  6. Yes indeed 44014 I'm not sure how many people are aware of this and I only had this discussion with a 240Z owner from this forum a few weeks back on here after they kept questioning me. The 240's weight is 1070kg allowing for maximum of a 4.28 ltr engine, so not sure how there putting LS1 engines in them, but good luck if they can get around it but I'm not sure where they would stand if push comes to shove. A 260Z 2+2 has a weight of 1220kg allowing for a maximum of a 6.1 ltr engine by the following. In section 2.13.1 vehicle mass, of the vehicle standards bulletin 14 national code practice it states the following. The mass of the vehicle is the original tare mass of the model vehicle fitted with the largest engine available for that model in Australia but without optional accessories. The mass of the vehicle, weather its ( here is where its interesting ) a sedan, station wagon, utility, etc should be based on the heaviest sedan version of that model (not station wagon version ) sold in Australia. So the heviest sedan version or any version of a 260z is 1220kg being the 260z 2+2. Lol this should start some debate lol
  7. 600Z

    TAS Z Cars

    lol at least its moving........ hopefully in the right direction
  8. The SSS head V219 and the later version V912 should have 1.5" intake ports. 1.65" intake and 1.38" exhaust valves and yes 280zx 44mm intake and 35mm exhaust valves work well in them. It should be about 41cc chamber volume too. I had one years ago on a 2.1L years ago and it worked very well though I did do a lot of chamber work to it and porting on the exhaust.
  9. lol nice call Dat ........... but if that was the case why did they change them with the 260's ...... must be some improvements But yes yes I do love the 240's
  10. 600Z

    TAS Z Cars

    Hello Mick, Ah yes I have had a look at them but that's as far as I have got, just looking and wondered what brackets I would need to be able to fit them so I can get rid of the hydraulic setup I have at the moment. Justin
  11. 600Z

    head pics

    Just wondering are you going to be running injection or carbs? Just that in the past I have sandblasted the intake ports to help prevent the over fueling when you back off into a corner then give it a boot coming out. With the walls polished the fuel wets the walls and when you open it up the air flow rips the fuel off and you get a hesitation, but with them lightly sand blasted the surface has turbulence on it which keeps the fuel from wetting the walls and thus no hesitation from over fueling when you open it back up. Worked for me very well. Also if you have to remove any more material from the chambers its not a bad idea to un-shroud the outside of the chambers next to the valves and even under cut them under the gasket line which also improves the flow.
  12. Nothing Boost for me I actually like the 260Z better and if I'm not mistaken there were less of the 2 seat versions built then there were 240Z's built.
  13. Hello and welcome to the forum and I know it's been said just a couple of times and I'm sure there will be more but it's a great color and a very good looking car. Justin
  14. Welcome Kohan, Oh how I can relate to you in wanting a zed ...... Not long after getting my licence and having a 180B SSS which I did a lot of work on it and ended up being a very fast car. But then...... I saw a nice zed and from then on that's what I always wanted, a 240Z. Well about 20 years laters later even though not a 240 but a 260 two seater and I love it and even though there has been a lot of work done to it I still have plenty of plans for it. My wife loves the 350's, we took one for a drive the other week and it's funny how they have a very similar feel to my 1975 260Z just didn't perform anywhere near as well but still not bad. Anyway will leave you to it and I hope your 240Z is not too far away for you.
  15. Start the car and try pulling off the wire that goes to the starter solenoid (the small one that comes from your ignition) and see if it stops trying to start. If it does then it's your ignition system if not then you could have a stuck starter solenoid.
  16. The first time you started the car you had to turn the key to the actual start position but after that one time you don't need to anymore and it will just keep trying to start?
  17. But it's starting dat2kman........ Just not stopping from cranking
  18. Four wires? I would have thought you would only need to do the one for the natural position but I don really know.
  19. Does your car have the bypass circuit in the engine bay, a push button switch that bypass the circuit for the starter motor?
  20. Is your key making it to the start position or is it to the point where it normally sits when the ignition is on?
  21. What happens if you turn the key back one position after it starts
  22. 600Z

    TAS Z Cars

    Hello Oldzguy, It actually wasn't me, I'm in W.A. Working....... Well hoping it wasn't my car lol. There are a few cars now getting around in that color but I haven seen another zed in that color apart from in photos yet but it's sounding like there is one down your way. How is your 260 going? Justin
  23. I'm thinking that your cam timing might be out if its a common problem with two different distributors. Though could be wrong but I would be checking that probably first off as you have tried two distributors and still the same issue.
  24. Yes that wouldn't be helping if it's a long way out of timing.
  25. 25 degs advanced seams a lot to me at idle, is your timing light ok?
×
×
  • Create New...