Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Welcome.. Good plan to get it registered and enjoy it. keep the pics rolling in!
  2. I had the Mustang disc (287mm)/Z32 caliper combo with those wheels and the caliper just cleared the spokes by about 4mm? Inside the wheel clearance was fine but tight against the spokes. I know the wheel didn't flex or else I would've heard it!
  3. I've had a set of Simmons FR17's (in my avatar pic) for quite a while and these Performance wheels were just used to save my semi's from being used on the road.
  4. Has to be low, wide and loud!!
  5. Sorry Peter, if I knew you were in the market, you wouldv'e been first on the list! they have been sold...
  6. Sold pending payment or deposit....could be a record?
  7. Greetings all, seems like I just keep buying too many toys and now to fund the latest purchase, something else I'd like to keep has to be sold. I have a set of Performance "Superlites" in a 16 x 8" with a -4 offset and the standard 114.3 PCD for sale. They have some Hankook Optio? tyres with decent tread on them. I bought them new initially, sold them and then bought them back again, now have to be sold again! Can take to an E-Go depot for any interested interstate members. They do fit on a zed without flares and I have just lightly lipped my guards for my other wheels I have. Pic below as they are. Come with wheel nuts and caps. Asking $680 PM or call / SMS O413 243 76O
  8. Club racing is not worth worrying about that much weight... you have a great plan in place to run the +2 and have fun. When i track my thing, I'm worried about damaging anything on it! Can't wait to see it done.
  9. Don't forget in China there's over 1 billion people all paying their electricity bills, compared to a tiny 25 odd million here.
  10. Nice score Gav, I'm sure the neighbours will change their mind once the grinder is going at all hours of the morning lol.... Will look great when you are done.
  11. Don't think I'll be able to make it... maybe next year? :'(
  12. Sorry, but I don't see the point in revving a motor to some stupid RPM thinking all motors make their peak power at the highest absolute rev limit. My L24 starts to fall off just after 7000 and peaks at about 6500 (I have the dyno sheet) and yet I only rev to around 6200. I only know of another L28 that revved to 9200 but it had the suitable cam and internals to do so. You'll actually drop speed off revving past the motors peak.... Depending on what you actually want to do with the motor is the most important thing spending thousands just to rev would be a waste rather than spending the cash on brakes or decent rubber.
  13. I rebuilt my L24 because it's the original motor for my 240. It was built by Les and is almost a 2.6 liter engine and makes a good 150rwKw. I had a L28 that was almost 2.9 liter and that made 153rwKw but that was on a different dyno. Cost was around the $6k mark and this is with the ITB setup on both cars. Any cammed L series sounds good; you don't need to rev to 7 to get a nice note. Mine never goes above 6200 rpm as I'd like the engine to last for a while Rebuild the L24, spend some cash on a nice induction setup either ITB's or carbs, and you will not be dissapointed.
  14. The FAQ should also include: -differences between 240/260/280 etc.. - wheres the rust -prices - what mods are available like engines, brakes etc -what wheels fit -Power figures -I can keep going and can help as much as I can Gav..
  15. Bruce, did it happen on the way back and that was why the sudden pit stop at the BP on the Paky bypass?
  16. Surprised they are still for sale.... This is a bargain if you are after some quality shocks... at worst if they need rebuilding, and a big if, its around $220 a pair.
  17. Thank YOU Peter; without your help I would've missed out on those two bikes you hauled down here for me... Hope you enjoy!
  18. Who reads instructions first? Like that saying "when all else fails, read the instructions". With some good hours playing with the welder, you'll become a master. I used to practice with small steel plates of a couple of mm then move to thin sheetmetal. Old car panels are good to play with.
  19. What we have found is everything is made to whatever the customer wants to pay; the cheaper the price per unit and they'll source the cheapest, nastiest components they can find so that means more failures.
  20. What offset are those rear wheels? -150 ? Imagine the stress on the stub axle?
  21. Check and make sure the firing order and the plug / dizzy cap all match. Has someone played with the leads? But first as said, timing! Probably do all of that before you try and start again..
  22. Bought a Kenwood double DIN unit without GPS as I run a seperate GPS unit as when its time to update maps, it doesn't cost the earth to get new maps. Works great with a rear camera, and watch DVD's when I'm bored (mainly in heavy traffic). They are all made in China nowadays so no matter which brand you buy :-\
  23. I know where your coming from.... 9 years and counting...
  24. If you want to hear a nice RB, youtube any Rocky Auto carbed RB and it will change your mind....
  25. Welcome and good luck with the project...keep the pics rolling in!
×
×
  • Create New...