Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Next time your'e in Melbourne Pete I'll need your photography skills and we can do a nice line up pic! Just called the guy (Anthony) and he is located in Trinity Gardens / Norwood... If anyone can help, it would be highly appreciated!
  2. May I suggest a quick flight to Japan with an empty suitcase and plenty of Yen.... Nothing is going to fall in your lap without some hard work and countless hours of reserach! Sourcing Fairlady Z-L parts on these forums is like fishing in a dried up lake. Some members may have parts that they sourced themselves from Yahoo auctions in Japan; perhaps you can do the same?
  3. I'll have to organise a "group" pic of all of them together.. this one will finish the complete lineup of the 1987 range of MTB's they had. I'll give him/ her a call and find out exactly... thanks for that!
  4. If anyone can help me, I have found an old mountain bike in Adelaide on Gumtree, is there anyone who would be able to pick it up for me and partially disassemble and pack into an old bike carton for a courier to pickup? Will obviously be paid for time and effort... bike is only around $40 but I can send through some $$ to cover.. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/bicycles/shogun-mountain-bike-and-trailer/1043287773
  5. Where are you loacted in Melbourne? If you are sort of local, I can probably come by and have a looksy... You have several things going on there that pics cant really help.
  6. I'd be buying the valvetrain hardware that PMC swear by.. You haven't really said anything about valve gear in your post but I'd be asking even more questions about whats the best to use nad what works.
  7. I just replaced my door locks recently but my zed is a 70 model and my ones are the same as the one on the left in the picture. I found a set of the door locks and found out why my passenger side door never locked properly. Be careful when installing the catches again; each of the 3 screws has a particular place.
  8. Looks great! So straight and glossy.. Best thing now is take off every panel and hang out of the way until its ready to drive out the door.
  9. Sounds like the globe may be 180' out; the pins are offset on the globe base but if the holder has expanded slightly, the globe may be inserted incorrectly. Whats happening is your parker wiring is giving power to the stop filament and the parker filament switches on when you apply the brakes and when you say they come on slightly.
  10. Might be hard to scan the one I have; its in A3 size and has been laminated and hanging in the garage!
  11. A trip to Bunnings is in order for a small pinch bar...
  12. Just did the same thing to my zed; added a small plug in harness with relays for the high/low beams. Works like a charm! heres a pic:
  13. If it helps, I'll be able to pickup and pack and wrap for interstate buyers that are interested if that's ok Alan..
  14. Just wondering how the OP went with the headlight issue... just had fun making a plug in relay system for mine as my switch kept melting and I found the reason why. Some @#$$ didn't wire one of the headlight plugs properly when it was changed so when high beam was applied, both high and low beams were on hence the dim light. Plus the wiring wasn't designed for a 120W globe so the headlight went dim. Now all the headlights work brilliantly and now I can drive at night with the high beams! WIth DMM's, I'm not affraid of them I have around 3 different types and use them very often.. Ony time I use them on a car is to check chraging voltage..and that's about it. Many good autoelecs I have chatted to swear by the good oll testlight. When I was doing my emergency breakdown service job, test light was always in my hand with any electrical issue. Test lights can show you if there is any form of bad ground or low wattage...the globe wasn't bright! If you know how to use a tool properly, in the right hands its a very powerful diagnostic tool. DMM's have their place in electronics without a doubt... but when you are dealing with just 12V, test ligt for me works wonders.
  15. Can you use the ECU relay output wired directly to an aftermarket standard relay? (number 85 then 86 to ground. Pin 30 to 12V in and 87 to fuel pump itself.)
  16. Check to make sure no wires have melted their solder and shorted on the switch itself and check the fuseblock to make sure that hasn't melted either. Sounds like power is making it's way into the circuits for the lights. Another common thing is fitting single contact globes into dual contact holders; you find when parkers are on so do the brake lights and vice versa..
  17. Wasnt that Sam's +2? Looks very familiar..
  18. Should be awesome to do! Grab some video footage if you can..
  19. May have someone interested in the carbies... just waiting for the word...
  20. Greetings all.. Just wondering if anyone has any horns for a 240Z as they have to mount on that horizontal bracket on a 240 whereas on a 260, they mount on a vertical surface. If you want to swap, trade or better donate and last resort sell, please let me know. Getting lots of unfinished bits done on the zed and this is one of them.
  21. I think CEVA have a website you can get quotes on. If you can pickup from their depot, I know works out cheaper.
  22. Sometimes I score some nice "well used" spanners etc at Sunday markets. Usually well made old Sidchrome brand mostly.. Bunnings for cheap ring/open end spanners.
  23. Welcome and great purchase! Those white interiors always look nice before the UV rays make them yellow...Hope to see it in person one day.
  24. Is it driveable? makes a huge difference!
  25. Nice work... I'm always nervous when I see an engine hovering above the radiator support panel; I imagine the worst...
×
×
  • Create New...