Jump to content

George

Members
  • Posts

    1,981
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    32

Everything posted by George

  1. Was originally listed at $2k a few days ago.
  2. Shame. Was an interesting topic to start with.
  3. Put me down for a couple ;-)
  4. Pass from me although it does look neat.
  5. '73 240Z $22k Sydney http://www.carsales.com.au/Private/details/SSE-AD-2500948
  6. de-listed "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."
  7. It's like buying the house next door.
  8. Are you pleased with the fit? Was it difficult?
  9. ^ would be more useful than whether they make a good first car. I thought the answer to the OP's question was more one of common sense. Does it really come up that often? Anyway, a wiki FAQ would be good.
  10. I second that. A few of us have signed up so you'll be in good company. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,12267.0.html
  11. I had a few days off a couple of weeks ago and had the opportunity to fly down. However, based on the photos he sent me and the description I had to decline making an offer. I know he was pretty firm on the price but if he's flexible I would consider it. Gav, if you're keen to check it out go ahead but don't plan on it for my sake. I'll be in touch if I change my mind.
  12. #86 re-listed for $9k http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-melbourne/cars-vans-utes/1970-datsun-240z-coupe/1032188782 I was interested the first time he listed it but passed as it was beyond my restoration ability.
  13. I had one, although not an eBay one. Excitement wears off and then it just becomes another thief magnet.
  14. Response has been excellent on Facebook. In the last 24 hours I've had over 50 shares and over 6,000 people reached and still growing. Hope it turns up and keep us updated please.
  15. You would have to pay them to take her no?
  16. Good stuff guys. A few more and it'll be a Datsun restoration course!
  17. Pics, they cried! Welcome
  18. Signed up. Hope we get the numbers for the new semester. New cost is $455 - https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/servlet/Course?Command=GetCourseLocationOffering&CourseNo=29588 Have you signed up Peter?
  19. Posted on the 240Z in Motion Facebook page. I even received a message about this from one of my friends who's in the BMW E30 scene so word is getting around. Good luck.
  20. Worth a watch I'm sure you'll enjoy at least parts of it if not the whole thing.
  21. Peter, did this go ahead? I searched on the TAFE site but didn't come up with any results for 'vehicle restoration'. Do you know if they're offering it for the next semester?
  22. I second that. The smallest thing, like a dent in a panel, could lead to catching the thieves.
  23. I was looking for a hoist earlier this morning and happened to come across this product recall for some of the Radum hoists. http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1050222
  24. It was raining so I stayed in. Makes perfect sense. In that case, I'm building a house on stilts. Movies are a great way to unwind. Don't feel bad for having the luxury to watch so many of them. Playing now... We're the Millers
  25. Admission (2013) - Not worth the price of admission. 4/10 Man of Steel (2013) - I enjoy some of these superhero remakes. This one is a decent attempt. 6/10 Drive (2011) - Re-watch. Enjoyed it just as much as the first time I saw it. 9/10 Kick-Ass 2 (2013) - Fun at times but I found myself easily distracted by iDevices. 6/10 The Bourne Legacy (2012) - Re-watch. My other half loves all of the Bourne movies. I've watched all of them at least twice. Solid action/thrillers with much better scripts than the Bond flicks. 7/10 Faster (2010) - Re-watch. The rock is impressively angry and out for revenge. Good action flick to kill an afternoon. 6/10 White House Down (2013) - Same as that other movie only not as good. What was it... Olympus Has Fallen. Meh. 4/10 Planes (2013) - I thought it had its cute moments but missed the runway at the end. 5/10 Turbo (2013) - A much more enjoyable experience than Planes. Fun watch with the kids for all us car nuts. 7/10 Despicable Me 2 (2013) - Drawing on the cuteness of the first one, the sequel does what all sequels do. Make some money at the expense of the original. Still, I wouldn't call it bad and if you enjoyed the first you will enjoy this one as well. 6/10 Spring Breakers (2012) - Woah now. This escalated quickly. Gritty and difficult to enjoy. 5/10 Monsters University (2013) - Pixar rarely disappoint me. Watch this. Watch all Pixar releases. 7/10 Pitch Perfect (2012) - Re-watch. Surprisingly fun movie. I'm sure I'll visit it again sometime. Nothing too ground-breaking, just a solid enjoyable couple of hours. 7/10 Good Will Hunting (1997) Re-watch. Saw this on the plane. Lost count how many times I've seen it. Still holds up well. 9/10 21 Jump Street (2012) - Re-watch. I was really killing time here. Kind of (but not really) enjoyed it the first time so not sure why I watched it again. 6/10 Eat Pray Love (2010) - I had just returned from Bali so I was curious. What a load of effing crap. 3/10 Red 2 (2013) - More of the same. Over the top fun action that you'll forget as soon as the movie finishes. 6/10 The Wolverine (2013) - There's a scene where they show some Japanese style houses during the rain and they don't have gutters. The rain is gently falling off the tips of the roofs and it not only looks great but there's no possibility of your gutters being blocked or overflowing or even of costing you the initial investment. Why don't we do this more often in our western buildings? This is obviously of great import to me because last weekend and yesterday my house got flooded inside because of blocked gutters. I nearly lost my TV unit, stereo system etc. I was just lucky that I was home at the time. When I build a house there will be no gutters. Oh, and the movie was OK. 6/10 2 Guns (2013) - Predictable fun. Nothing wrong with a bit of pew pew. 6/10 Warm Bodies (2013) - I rate my movies on how much I enjoy them. Sometimes one of them surprises me. Warm Bodies is one of those movies. Technically not much higher than an average flick - but to hell with that when it makes you laugh and cheer. Even though it's all a formula and it's predictable... the ride sucks you in and you care for a few moments. 8/10
×
×
  • Create New...