A reminder about forum policy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jimbo !

What say you, was your experience when you met some of the boys at Maygr's place a bad one?

Granted, making you sleep outside in the shed with a goat in sub zero temperatures and painting your visible extremities in Mercurochrome may have been a bit off putting but all in all ?

Cheers

John

No Mate,  Far from being a bad experience!!! It helped me understand some of the posts you blokes put up

As far as sleeping out in the shed in sub zero temps with the goat,  No problems we are used to that sort of thing up here in the mountains...Any port in a storm

As a farmer  Sirpent, I can understand the experience of sleeping with a goat being a good one,  as long as it's a PRETTY one.

Well I reckon that the original thread has run its race , as we are back to speaking rubbish , a great time to

CLOSE THIS TOPIC

I know I'm late to make comment and I really don't give a hoot either way about Karma but now that its gone I think that's the right decision.

I do feel compelled to make comment about the content of the forum........some say there is to much "banter" which it seems can get a bit personal and if I was on the receiving end I may feel a bit miffed but then again I might have been a knob and deserved it. I think the banter is an important part of this forum and makes the forum more personal and more of a club than a purely on line community...especially when combined with the odd BBQ and cruise. Newbies may find the regular posters a bit intimidating but I certainly didn't probably because I reached out for advice and made an effort to meet the people I could.

I like the self moderation.

I like the genuine effort to help others and the mateship (not evident on other forums I'm active on).

I like the technical competency and quality of posts in response to requests for advice (some forums are just rubbish in this respect).

I do like the banter....don't get involved much but it makes me laugh!

In short I think its a great forum, provides everything that I think makes a good forum a  good forum. The only caution would be to read your post before you send it off into cyberspace......the written word can sometimes be misinterpreted and may not come across as intended. Oh, and one more thing....if your really steamed about something, sleep on it and respond in the clear light of the next day chances are you will post differently.

Keep it up guys and girls.

David

• Administrators

Oh, and one more thing....if your really steamed about something, sleep on it and respond in the clear light of the next day chances are you will post differently.

I couldn't agree more, there are times when I could have replied to emails, forums posts etc.. when I was livid about something, but a day or 2 later come back and respond when I've had more thought and perspective. It's really important, but hard to do.

I couldn't agree more, there are times when I could have replied to emails, forums posts etc.. when I was livid about something, but a day or 2 later come back and respond when I've had more thought and perspective. It's really important, but hard to do.

Hmmm....... You're so angry all the time Gav  ::)

If you take away the banter, I'd have nothing to say. As there are guys here who's knowledge far exceeds mine. I've only been working on Z's for 20 years (2/3rds my life, I'm not an old man like others) and still feel like a newbie.

When do we have that group hug? I'm feeling so close to you all right now.

Now get off your computers or smartphones and go work on your cars!

If you take away the banter, I'd have nothing to say. As there are guys here who's knowledge far exceeds mine. I've only been working on Z's for 20 years (2/3rds my life, I'm not an old man like others) and still feel like a newbie.

When do we have that group hug? I'm feeling so close to you all right now.

+1 karma (cuddle) for you.

There are many of us in the same boat - obviously older and more mature(?) than your good self though.  Probably better looking too!  8)

• Administrators

Hmmm....... You're so angry all the time Gav  ::)

Well usually I'm pretty calm on Auszcar, but I'm talking more about private and work emails. :)