"From Peacok to feather-duster" - a lovely Zed is lost

doudous

Thanks for the feedback guys- you are all very helpful.

Its hard to walk away from such a lovely car.

A friend of mine might buy it and send it to Japan to be rebuilt or used for parts over there... I will see if the insurance company will be more reasonable... cheers Phil.

Did I see someone on this forum recently with a front damaged 240Z race-car??? Perhaps the 2 cars could be used to make 1???

• 2 months later...

Far more relevant than the jibber jabber going on here is why is this car still on ebay with no mention of damage and being described as 'immaculate'. Plus considering it would most likely have been converted to RHD why then doesn't the owner buy it back and source an RHD shell and transplant what's usable while sourcing all the other bits to finish the car off.

I'm at a loss to understand how the owner doudous is asking what people think while at the same time still obviously owns the car or else how do you explain that the ad has been on ebay this entire time.

Sorry but my bullshit radar seems to be peaking today.

Oh and if again some of you think I'm being harsh then just remember that this thread was started July 17th, that's 5 months ago and yet the car is still for sale on ebay.

The bullshit'o'meter doesnt go doo doo doo doo for for nothing you know

;)

The smashed up one and another complete R/H car were on ebay a couple of weeks ago think he wanted $5k for both, don't think he got a bid, but he was still referencing it was the car in the other ad, was posted in e-bay thread.

ebay link here.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Datsun-240z-damaged-RESTORATION-/220889408742?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item336e08e4e6&clk_rvr_id=286935768787

eBay ad - ended 15/11/2011:

Hey guys i have a remarkably good conditioned but unfortunately crashed 240Z LHD from America up for sale,

Car is still advertised on ebay $34k from Edward Lee but unfortunately the car was involved in a rear end accident and would suit a reshell or cut and shut.

To go along with the sale i have another 240z that is not in as good of condition but is most certainly repairable.

My plan was to build one out of the 2 also solving my LHD problem, but as i just do not have the time they are for sale.

If you have any questions or need to know anything please do not hesitate to ask as i havent given much detail i know.

Or if you would like any more info on the damaged car its still listed on Ebay

Cars are both located in windsor NSW and can be viewed anytime.

Tim

Far more relevant than the jibber jabber going on here is why is this car still on ebay with no mention of damage and being described as 'immaculate'. Plus considering it would most likely have been converted to RHD why then doesn't the owner buy it back and source an RHD shell and transplant what's usable while sourcing all the other bits to finish the car off.

I'm at a loss to understand how the owner doudous is asking what people think while at the same time still obviously owns the car or else how do you explain that the ad has been on ebay this entire time.

Sorry but my bullshiver radar seems to be peaking today.

I don't think the car yard that has these for sale actually wants to sell them. It's more of a nice toy collection that can be used as advertising and written off as a tax deduction but still used as "private" vehicles.

Also here is a link to the current ad, all I did was follow the one in the 'ebay thread', they haven't changed the description since before the car even got here but there is definitely no mention of any damage, pretty clear it's the same car

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1973-Datsun-240Z-Blue-M-Coupe-/280763192731?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item415eca559b&clk_rvr_id=286973060052

I dont think he intends to actually sell anything from the ads on ebay. Those ads have been up for over a year. (I think they are there to entice people to the yard.

Also the photos still show the car with the white stripe. I would be happy to assume that this is just the old ad with (IMO) the inflated buying price to get people talking about Edward Lees Car Yard

I know it's been on their for some time and I have no issue with selling something you have available for sale, it's actually illegal to advertise a product that you do not have or mislead with your description, also it's against ebay advertising guidelines to advertise a product falsely. I'ts basically the same as a phishing email where you get people to deal with you under false pretences.

The other thing that I found fishy was how he was debating whether or not to buy back the wreck of a car that he had advertised for $35K for a mere $4K when he had another body that he could have easily transferred all the parts. Like I said initially he was trying to sell it without actively selling it, it's like letting you think it's your idea "Oh wo is me, what shall I do?? Such a dilemma"................."Hey I'll take it off your hands".

I had an accident in my Typhoon last year and the insurance company deemed it a financial write off, first thing I asked was can I buy it back, they said yes and I didn't even pause.

Besides it's now been pulled by the look of things, when I checked earlier it wasn't their anymore.