53-681 Posted August 20, 2011 Author Posted August 20, 2011 I'm spewin, we cut the paint sprayed/filled gap between the g-nose and the fender to mount the headlights, but apparently that's not the right way of doing it. So we ended up not mounting the headlights AND I cut my car with a stanley knife I wonder if I can fill it up again with some of the leftover paint... I called up Dimitri and asked him about it, and he told the me correct method of mounting the headlights is from behind, reccomended to take the front wheels off when doing so. We initially mounted the headlight bucket from behind fine, but if we also hooked the headlight into the bucket 1st, then tried to install it from behind, we could not mount the bucket as the headlight would be covering the whole thing, so we had no access to the screw holes and nuts... I'm really spewin I cut my car... What do you guys reckon? Can I fill it back up after mounting my headlights correctly? I have outlined the area we have butchered ^^ Quote
Joiji Posted August 20, 2011 Posted August 20, 2011 I can't actually see any damage. You'll either have to get someone to come see it or grab some more photos of the problem area, and the other side in comparison. I know on my car the join was very clearly defined, as I have taken the headlight cones off for various reasons now and again. Worse comes to worse, I suppose you can always cut the other side to make it match . Quote
MaygZ Posted August 21, 2011 Posted August 21, 2011 You look to have done a good job there young fella. Very quick too. Well done. I was around Broady in the early 80's!!!! MaygZ Quote
53-681 Posted August 28, 2011 Author Posted August 28, 2011 Today I got the Z towed from my grandparents place to my house/garage. I think a pair of Muzza's in a Supra followed the truck because half and hour later they drove past again and asked "Oh Br0, is that devil Z yours br0? Would you sell it??? Did you get it today? Would you swap for it?" My parents are now paranoid that they will break into the house or my mums car which is now parked on the nature strip lol. I can't wait till this baby hits the road! Only wish PMC would sponsor me and build an L28 tripple carb, twin turbo so I can floor down the Hume Hwy and wrap myself around a tree or at least get a 2 year sentence from the jacks Quote
53-681 Posted August 29, 2011 Author Posted August 29, 2011 Nah but in all seriousness, I live in the most scummiest place/suburb prob in all of Victoria... My parents want to re-locate to the country side ASAP Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted August 29, 2011 Moderators Posted August 29, 2011 I can't wait till this baby hits the road! Only wish PMC would sponsor me and build an L28 tripple carb, twin turbo so I can floor down the Hume Hwy and wrap myself around a tree or at least get a 2 year sentence from the jacks I hope that was from a lack of sleep again... Quote
FLEXZED Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Today I got the Z towed from my grandparents place to my house/garage. I think a pair of Muzza's in a Supra followed the truck because half and hour later they drove past again and asked "Oh Br0, is that devil Z yours br0? Would you sell it??? Did you get it today? Would you swap for it?" My parents are now paranoid that they will break into the house or my mums car which is now parked on the nature strip lol. I can't wait till this baby hits the road! Only wish PMC would sponsor me and build an L28 tripple carb, twin turbo so I can floor down the Hume Hwy and wrap myself around a tree or at least get a 2 year sentence from the jacks Hey Sam i hope this comment isnt directed at Muslims as i am a practicing Muslim ??? > > Quote
53-681 Posted August 29, 2011 Author Posted August 29, 2011 Hey Sam i hope this comment isnt directed at Muslims as i am a practicing Muslim ??? > > Bro, don't even get me started Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted August 29, 2011 Moderators Posted August 29, 2011 Loui, "Muzza's" has another meaning. Nothing to do with religion, just the type you find doing burnouts in quiet industrial areas with their VL turbo's and such. Quote
benny Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Hey Sam i hope this comment isnt directed at Muslims as i am a practicing Muslim ??? > > farout this forum is going stupid... loui just chill mate muzzas does not mean muslim, everyone is getting way to precious on here!! Do your homework!! Urbandictionary definition!! A muzza is a young male, usually of southern European decent (even though they've never been there), that are born and raised Melbournians. Living in middle-class western and northern suburbs they are depicted by their cars.. Usually canary yellow VL turbos (often built by the Rajabs), VN 5 litre's, VQ Statesmans or the R33 Skyline.. Baseball caps are constantly worn alongside hair product, but to make sure they dont wreck their hair the caps sit on top of their hair (and away from the fringe). Bum-bags are a must to hold all your mobile phones (one for the bros, and one for the hoes), and also some change to spend at maccas. They walk like they're trying to immitate a scarecrow, or like they're holding a bucket of water in each hand (with a subtle swaying motion) This is often a result of going to the gym once or twice and thinking your lats are so huge you cant put your arms straight down your side. As soon as there's any drizzle outside muzzas call all their bros and go do some demos in your cars.. ripping it up in the wet is considered "free demos" because it doesnt bald your tires as much. Muzzas are often highschool dropouts currently doing apprentiships, with every cent they earn going towards their cars (mostly on tires and petrol), and they end up wondering why all their bros who went to uni end up driving mercs and picking up chicks while they stick to their teeny bopper Quote
peter mc Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 hay Benny it was not about that it was all about the post... being the the most stupid post on the forum Quote
FLEXZED Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Hey Benny Thank you for the explanation Regards Loui PS i just didnt want it to get out of hand if it meant what i THOUGHT it did Quote
benny Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Hey Benny Thank you for the explanation Regards Loui PS i just didnt want it to get out of hand if it meant what i THOUGHT it did No worries man!! Just seems everyone on the forum is a little edgy at the moment, anyway this is sams build thread so best we leave it alone!! Quote
FLEXZED Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 No worries man!! Just seems everyone on the forum is a little edgy at the moment, anyway this is sams build thread so best we leave it alone!! +1 Quote
Sirpent Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Jeeeeeeeeez Did this go viral ! Obviously different terminology between the States, like a Sydney Schooner and a Victorian Pot, but you can see why the term Muzza may have a different meaning up North. Quote
Patch Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Well reading 4 pages of the urban dictionary Melbourne must be an entertaining place near Mc Donald's . pmsl Quote
53-681 Posted August 29, 2011 Author Posted August 29, 2011 Dayumn bro's, chillax. If you guys come down here, I'll call all the couzins and slap you all out! Nah, I'm just kidding, if you guys do happen to drop by Broady or Roxy, I'll gladly shout you's a kebab and get to meet each of you in person Quote
luvemfast Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Nah, I'm just kidding, if you guys do happen to drop by Broady or Roxy, I'll gladly shout you's a kebab and get to meet each of you in person There's an enticing invitation Back to the build. Is the dash done yet? Quote
53-681 Posted August 29, 2011 Author Posted August 29, 2011 Nah bro, I've got a whole JSP, SAP, Airport TAF & LAMP data parsing and PHP assignments to work on all this week (damn it ) Mums giving me 2weeks of her garage, and due to work and uni stress, my uncle, my friend and I are all going to fix it this week hopefully. I'm really curious on using a heat gun to remove a dash cap on an already stuffed dash and mount it on my one... We'll see Quote
53-681 Posted September 3, 2011 Author Posted September 3, 2011 Commenced dash restoration with a friend. We have sanded all the cracks with 40 grit paper, and now filled all the gaps with Bostick expandable foam. Man the foam takes no less than a few hours to fully dry! Quote
53-681 Posted September 9, 2011 Author Posted September 9, 2011 Stage 2 ===================================================================================== Quote
53-681 Posted September 11, 2011 Author Posted September 11, 2011 I have applied 3M fibreglass filler on the areas which still had the expandable foam areas apparent. The fibreglass filler is taking forever to hard, even thought I have used the correct amount :S :S I tried sanding some of the fibreglass filled areas off today, and I think some went into my eye!?!?! I am really scared I went Epping hospital (Emergency department) today and they couldn't see anything... I hope I seriously didn't get anything into my eye... My right eye feels itchy Any opinions guys? Much help would be sincerely appreciated Quote
luvemfast Posted September 11, 2011 Posted September 11, 2011 If you got some dust in your eye and rubbed them, you would have scratched your eyeball. It's not serious, just uncomfortable. There are certain jobs that you should wear PPE, Personal Protective Equipment. You've learnt the hard way. You'll live. Dash is looking good. Quote
benny Posted September 11, 2011 Posted September 11, 2011 chuck some of your mop water in it... should fix it ;D Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.