The Lancefeild Collection (13 Zeds in a Paddock).

Sirpent

So, I presume you all found the info helpful?

You ungrateful lot !..............

A "Thankyou John Mr Sirpent Sir" would have been nice............LMAO

Thank you John.  You're absolutely correct.  You have done some excellent work here and provided some excellent information.  I suspect people are still recovering from shock regarding the sheer number of Zeds in one place all calling out for love and attention.  I'm sure once people recover, gratitude will flow in abundance.

Of course if everyone buys all his Zeds and parts, my part supply will dry up!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!!!!

they are all to far away  ;D ;D :P

nice work i am sure you vic boys will find benefit in this..  Im going off to sulk now

Thank you John.  You're absolutely correct.  You have done some excellent work here and provided some excellent information.  I suspect people are still recovering from shock regarding the sheer number of Zeds in one place all calling out for love and attention.  I'm sure once people recover, gratitude will flow in abundance.

Of course if everyone buys all his Zeds and parts, my part supply will dry up!!

Appreciated,

But credit to you also for bringing this guy to our attention to start with.

To be honest, I can understand John must have a love for all his cars, as we all do for ours, but in fairness he would be better off keeping what he wants and giving the remainder to good homes that will bring them back from the brink.

It would be a shame for them to go to hell in a basket, as he said to me, he would be 450 years old before he could ever restore them all while there are enthuisiasts here that would lovingly nurse them back to the fold.

Lets hope he comes back to me with some reasonable prices.

Cheers

John

NO!!!!

they are all to far away  ;D ;D :P

nice work i am sure you vic boys will find benefit in this..  Im going off to sulk now

Dont worry Mick

We will share the love with you Tasmanians who learnt how to swim also, Im sure.

LOL...........John

To be honest, I can understand John must have a love for all his cars, as we all do for ours, but in fairness he would be better off keeping what he wants and giving the remainder to good homes that will bring them back from the brink.

It would be a shame for them to go to hell in a basket, as he said to me, he would be 450 years old before he could ever restore them all while there are enthuisiasts here that would lovingly nurse them back to the fold.

Lets hope he comes back to me with some reasonable prices.

He does love his cars.  he, like us, has a very romantic feeling for his Zeds.

He is a self confessed 'gunna'.  He's no worst than me, just been doing it longer and he's lucky enough that he doesn't have a 'hand-brake' holding him back!!

I really think that when it comes to the value of something, he has his feet on the ground.  However, when I was looking at the red 240, I sensed he was torn between what he would like to get for it and what he thought it was really worth in it's current condition.  It was difficult for him to put a price on it (in fact he never did!).  He will need some time to make these descisions, so be patient and gentle with him, but you will need to remind him occasionally.  He wont work at the pace that we all want him to.  After all he took 30 years to gather these babies, you can't expect him to put a price on their heads easily.

Fantastic work, I think.  Will be interesting when he works out his pricing, just maybe I might be able to get the finances and the potential purchase aligned at the same time instead of one or the other!

Incidentally, is vehicle number 12 the one under the land rover discovery roof in the background of #5, and seen from the other side covered in bumper bars behind #7?  I'm guessing it would be, since thats pretty inaccessible!

• Administrators

Hmmm so now I understand where all the 240z's have gone. Between this guy, our wood chipper friend and the guy in outback Victoria with 30 zeds in a paddock we now know where they have all disappeared to.

It's a shame to see them in such a sad state. Hopefully common sense will prevail and he'll see the opportunity to clean up his backyard, make some cash and put that money toward getting 1 or 2 of the Z's he wants to keep on the road again, maybe even that wild turbo 1 hiding under the tarp.

If they sit there any longer, I think they will actually decrease in value due to the fact that they will deteriorate that much further. Although perhaps some people are desperate enough for a Z they will fork out a good 5k for a rust bucket that looks like swiss cheese in the next couple of years (I hope not for our sake).

@Sirpent - In a way I hope you are right in likening the 240z / 260z to the old XB / XC Falcons, but on the other hand I hope you're wrong for purely selfish reasons I do hope to buy another 240z some day.

Dont think I am Gav, I have 2 freinds who have become excited about my car and are now looking at getting into Zed's, so as the buyer market increases, and supply deminishes, you know what will happen.

And the Zed's are no passing fad for the simple fact that they are a good looking performaning period coupe from the 70's jus like any of the Aussie Torana's Ford coupes or Charges this country produced.

I will be pushing for Shannons to insure mine for $75K when Im finished, you may all laugh but Im serious.

Cheers

John

Thanks for going to the effort John.  I don't know that Z's are ever going to follow say the Jag e-type price curve, I've always thought they were too much the ordinary mans sports car.

I do hope he decides to let these cars go in time for them to be saved.  Looking in particular at the red one that maygz took pics of, it has rust showing in all the odd spots my '71 has, the majority of which requires custom sheet metal work to replace.

Hmmm so now I understand where all the 240z's have gone. Between this guy, our wood chipper friend and the guy in outback Victoria with 30 zeds in a paddock we now know where they have all disappeared to.

There's a guy over here with a shed full of them too. Unfortunately its not me :(

So the guy has 13 zeds rusting in a paddock and somehow he is like a god?  He should be crucified for it...  They aren't even covered..

Sco

No one is treating him like a God !

As a matter of fact, and he will probably read this as he does scan this forum, Im sure that the majority of ppl here hold him in contempt for the state of his Zed's.

But then you have to appreciate that he is the owner and if he wishes to send them to hell in a basket, thats his choice, John the owner, obviously loves these cars as they make up the greatest number in his stable, and I dont doubt that for a moment, however they are what they are and as members here we are trying to save them if he decides to part with them.

Im sure every person on this forum has neglected a possesion to the point where we have later hated ourselves for letting it happen, and Im sure that he is feeling the same way about his cars.

Im not having a go at you Sco, so dont take it that way, but dont think for a moment we are all ready to crawl over broken glass to appease him either, this is a crying shame, so lets just try and make the best out of a bad situation if we can.

Cheers

John

Not disagreeing that they are his and he can do what he likes with them, but I read too many positive comments about it just cos he owns a lot of zeds.  20x shit zeds doesn't equal one good one.  But anyways, back on topic...  Sorry for going off topic.

Good evening, afternoon, morning wherever, whoever or whenever you may be reading this.

If you all think this is an interesting way of starting of this update, youre right, and I open with that line for good reason as you will all soon appreciate as I write further.

First down to the state of play with John the Lansfield car's owner.

John chased me up today to discuss the remaining cars, as you all probably know his rolling shell fetched over $1300.00 on Ebay, and the 2+2 $380.00 odd, as he admitted, DRUG MONEY  for the shell to say the least and apparently purchased sight unseen, so I guess the proud owner is in for a suprise one way or another when he goes to pick it up.

Now, I have to vent before going on, and this will make the opening line to this thread make a bit more sense...........

IF YOU ARE A GUEST ON THIS FORUM AND NEED TIME TO GET A FEEL FOR IT AND THE MEMBERS HERE THEN THATS FINE, BUT AT LEAST RESPECT WHAT WE AS MEMBERS AGREE TOO WHEN DEALING WITH A SELLER SUCH AS JOHN AND TOW THE LINE !

John explained to me that he had an open day last Wednesday where some 40 ppl turned up to look at the cars.

After recieving a call on the hour every hour after my initial post, he decided to tell all the callers to come down the same day and from what I can guage they read about it here but wernt forum members !

What Im getting at here is that if you come here to troll as a guest and then undermine what the general concensus is amongst the members, then (CENSORED) off !

This is my opinion, not that of any other member nor moderator, just mine !

Become a member, and contribute both socially and financially, dont hide in the shadows gathering info.

Back to Johns discussion with me this evening...........

John will get back to me shortly regarding the remaining cars, but I wont be posting any more info about the cars nor discussions pricing etc from here on in, when I do get some info I will just post a one worder being *UPDATE* and if any MEMBER wants to know more you can PM me.

Once again, to all the bonefied members, always a pleasure to hear from you all, be it good bad or indifferent, to the "Troll Guests", not to be confused with the causal Guests considering joining, if you want to have a verbal written go at what I have written, go ahead, join and post !

Cheers

John

This is a forum designed to share information and help people with a common passion/goal that is there zeds :-\ Perhaps we should be welcoming these new zed owners and ask them to join, we are all on the same team trying to keep these iconic cars alive.

Or maybe we should go underground and have a secret wink and handshake...  ;D

Have to agree though, it is a bummer to do all that hard work only to get pipped at the post.

Only joking John, sometimes all you can do is laugh  :) Hopefully he's saving the best for you!

Only joking John, sometimes all you can do is laugh  :) Hopefully he's saving the best for you!

Gareth,

I aint after another "Z", spending what I will be on mine is enough as it is, so dont think that for a moment, I went down there on behalf of the forum to check them out as I was the closest apart from MagerZ, and if I wanted to have them all to myself I wouldnt have posted all the info I did in the thread, if I read what you wrote the wrong way i apologise, but just wanted to clear that up.

Hey I joined 6 months ago, I spent all of 10 minutes as a guest, and I dont be-grudge anyone being a guest and taking their time to join, but it gets up my back that we all try to assist each other and when something like this comes up you have trolls taking advantage, if a guest read the posts and became a member thats cool.

After I posted the pics, I spent a long time the next few days just checking the guest/member status' at the bottom of the menu, seemed there was a load of guest interest in the thread, and obviously they were gathering info.

Its a public forum, everything is fair game, all Im saying is if you use this forum as a resource, then respect it join and appreciate that ppl put a lot of effort in running it, contributing to it, and generally assisting others.

As far as a secret society and handshake, how about calling ourselves the Rust Cutters and when shaking hands bending the pinky into the shape of a Z and titilate the palm of the recipient?

;D

John.O.