The Lancefeild Collection (13 Zeds in a Paddock).

Sirpent

Correction.

Sorry Simon, I didnt indicate any prices to him for his cars.

I told him to consider putting prices on them and advising what he wanted for them, I did point out as an indication that a 2+2 (Sorry to the guys who love them) in registered roadworthy, if only just so, condition where a $1500 to $2500 proposition, but considering all of his were far from that, and required MAJOR work to get them anywhere near so would mean that they were worth a 1/4 that at best.

I agree about a 2+2 being low priced, but i dont think you would find one in RWC state and reg'ed for $1500 to $2500. As a matter of fact the lowest price one on there is $2850 with no RWC and it is a rust bucket.

Going off all the cars available on unique cars, i worked out the average price right at this point of time is $11400 for a 2+2.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha we can debate forever about the value of z's...

I agree that you might not find a roadworthy 2+2 for $2000. I think the average acceptable price for a roadworthy 2+2 atm would be about $4000+. The value has defently gone up recently, I would assume due to supply and demand, but I doubt many of these 2+2's in the +$10000 range listed online have actually sold for that.

Ie this 2+2 on ebay didn't get one bid:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300377615393&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:AU:1123

Sure there may have been a couple go for that price, but I think anyone who has been around z's for a while wouldn't be paying that. The exceptions are cases like rev's car, but this is different because you can look at the forums and see exactly what has gone into the car and the quality of workmanship etc. I wouldn't be buying a 2+2 in the $10-20k range unless they had detailed photos of the rust repair/paint process.

I guess my point is that, just because the cars are being listed in a higher price bracket, it doesn't mean they are actually selling for that.

From what I can tell from Sirpents info and pics I would say his valuation is right on the money.

Just my 2 cents...

I do not think that people should be excluded from any sections of the forum. Having it freely accessable also means that more people join and contribute and also that people can advertise zeds and parts on here that all users of the forum benefit from before they are listed on drive or other sites like that.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and I hope that all these wonderful zeds go to loving homes where they are nursed back to their former glory. Long live the zeds and I hope that early numbers 240 #1036 gets restored.

thought you'd be interested, i bought that rolling shell 240 build no. 1036. i have been looking for a 240 for years so i'm wrapped to finally have one. i am a spraypainter by trade and work in a part time resto shop and she will be treated to an immaculate ground up rebuild, about 3 years worth i'd say.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So what was his plan? Let them sit in a paddock rusting away and then eventually decide to sell? So called 'collectors' like that give me the pips, if you are going to collect at least protect them while they are in your custody.

• Moderators

So what was his plan? Let them sit in a paddock rusting away and then eventually decide to sell? So called 'collectors' like that give me the pips, if you are going to collect at least protect them while they are in your custody.

Well said! Just means more zeds to scrap and raid parts from.... sad but true.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for getting this information for all zed owners

I am very interested in either number 8# or number 5# I only need the shell.

Is there any chace that either of these are available. Dont really care about the condition.

Any help would be appreciated.

Good luck !

If you can track John the owner down and get him to part with one of them, my hats off to you.

He has been periodically listing some of the cars on Ebay, check the Ebay thread.