Feb'09 THREDBO 4 day Run - 20th to 23rd Feb 2009 is confirmed as on.

620Z

Big thanks to Craig and Sulio for organising and to everyone who attended.  We made 19 cars (that's including a dude who rocked up and  put his car on the display lol), which is fantastic for an impromptu trip.

The only mishap was when I was driving Sulios car and it decided to start missfiring and losing power going up a rather large hill.  I pooed myself thinking i had somehow stuffed his car, but it turned out to be (we think) the fact the carbs are directly above the extractors with no heat shield.  Hopefully it will be running a whole heap better for Tassie next year.

Cheers

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what version was the 370z? i'm assuming just the normal as it doesn't have the forged rays wheels the ones overseas seem to b getting? and no riced gold calipers? or is it not an option in australia? :(

nice photos, it will be interesting to see what nissan ends up using from their stash!

surly_z, did you adjust the hell out of the levels in your pics, or something else? ie y's it so black and white in this pic

04.JPG

edit: who has the NEO in their car?

haaar, and I was worried that my wife had our camera for the weekend and I was cameraless...

soooo many more pics to come AND the vid.

Miika, I almost forgot about the pics with the giant trout ! I love your 3rd pic...waiting for Moir stuck on the mountain.

Scott W, next time you shouldnt fiddle with someones dellortos without their knowledge  ;) mmuuuu haha

what version was the 370z? i'm assuming just the normal as it doesn't have the forged rays wheels the ones overseas seem to b getting? and no riced gold calipers? or is it not an option in australia? :(

Ask and ye shall receive!

n538081185_2007337_3767.jpg

They said we will get quite a few different features to this one, like the interior will be reasonably different, the rear will have a small spoiler and from what he was saying there wont be different models, just 1 with all the bells and whistles.

Hey guys, thanks for letting us crash your party!  Was great to see so many nice Zed's, one day when I'm finished with nappies, dummies and sleep deprivation I'll finally get mine back on the road and join you with something a little more old school than the 370z.  Keep the photo's coming - I'll keep pushing the other guys for the pro photo's and film.  In the meantime 370z.com.au

Stefan.

Well, what a fantastic 4 days.

Many thanks to Craig for the mammoth organization - I didn't have to lift a finger! :P

Thanks to everyone who turned up.

We will be running this event in two years time, so lock it in your Diary's now!

Oh & to the guys with the 370Z - thanks! You guys & the new Zed were the icing on the cake!!!

• Administrators

I'd also like to thank Craig for organising the event I know he put alot of time and effort into planning and preparing everything.

Great to see the 370z with all the other Zeds, looks like we were missing a 280zx and 300zx (Z32) to complete the whole set of the series.

nice photos, it will be interesting to see what nissan ends up using from their stash!

surly_z, did you adjust the hell out of the levels in your pics, or something else? ie y's it so black and white in this pic

04.JPG

Yeah a few of these were overexposed and not much use - so I played with the curves and sort of got these results - kinda dig the look?!?! I'll upload more to my gallery soon, I'll include some untoched photos as well as a couple from Alex's camera.

G'day boys. Well what a fantastic weekend. I appreciate all your thankyou's and it was my pleasure. I had an absolute ball and to everyone who turned up and made it a great relaxing trip I thank you guys for making it such a success.

I didn't even realise this was the only 370Z in Australia and for those who missed it you can catch it at the motor show in a few weeks before they crush the little baby. I would also like to thank James and his crew for coming along. It really topped off the trip. I know it was only brief but I think everyone who attended was rapt to see your car. And what a great place to present a magnificent car on the grounds at Thredbo. Some of those photo's are just great.

Will speak soon guys and look out for the DVD. Cheers.   :D

Yeah a few of these were overexposed and not much use - so I played with the curves and sort of got these results - kinda dig the look?!?!

i generally like my pictures with a darker contrast than normal, but you can tell alot of detail has been lost. however as an effect and a way to save otherwise unusable pics it doesn't look half bad!

...y can't they just give me the 370z instead of crushing it!?! :'(

Hi Guys,

Finally got a chance to log on after a days catch up at work. Was'nt it a ball! After finally seeing the 370z I can say I'm a fan. In real life it looks quite different to the 350z, especially when you get them up next to each other, everything from the wheel base to the doors to the brakes and fatter wheel arch's. Thanks to the Nissan guys, Steffan, James and Marcus (Marcus from memory sorry!?). Maybe have that 240 ready for the Tassy trip in a couple of years Stefan!?

Oh and Craig did pretty much all the organising for this trip, I tried to help where I could as I've been tied up of late. Also Chris's AUSZCAR banner worked a treat. I'll be in touch to get one made up for Vic, thanks mate! Well many many pics to come I'm sure and I have alot of video to get through. I've set up my desk in preperation for some editing. I'll get some of the raw stuff to James although 95% of the footage is hand held and choppy.

Scott no need to worry I found that I did get a repeated loss of power on the longer climbs and my air/fuel guage dropped off to lean every time so I'm very sure I need to up the petrol flow as it's obviously not getting the volume required for the longer uphill runs in high gear under WOT. I need to install an electric pump. In addition to that i managed to get to the strings on my rear tyres showing by return, (a heavy footed U-turn got it to that at the bottom of the mountain) so bring on the R specs for the rear and I think it's time to start the new L28 build.

My plan is  to get a 30 second video for the site as a teaser in the short term. We'll have the DVD ready for the big screen at the Jag Club (about 1 hour long) for our next meeting at the Jag Club in approx 6 to 8 weeks! I'll have copies ready for the inter staters that made it! So all those Victorians that could'nt make it should get a heap of close up video of the new 370z as well as all the antics of the trip. We can start discussions on a Grampians trip at that meeting but lets just keep that under raps for now!  ;)

There were also some really nice early Z's to be seen, originals and clean RB powered rockets. I got a ride in Judds silver 260 2 seater with an RB25 and man it was like being in a new car. I was amazed at how quiet and solid it was. Makes the RB sound like a pretty darn good idea.

Good to meet everyone and thanks for making the effort you all made it another awesome auszcar event!

Cheers,

Sulio

Oh and anybody that has photo's or video they would like to send through on a disc you can send it to me at, (Geoff I know you got some footage of the Syd guys coming up  ;)) Alex not sure how much you got???

Att: Sulio

Iwaki Aust,

5/54 Howleys Rd,

Notting Hill

Vic  3168

Thanks,

Sulio