Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

1977 Datsun 2seater 2.6L 260z : $100,000 neg ::)

Gorokan, NSW

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gorokan/cars-vans-utes/1977-datsun-2seater-2-6l-260z/1282964540

1977 Datsun 260zimage.png.72947786a2ea031b839ffa1da5b93af6.png
Was immaculated restored 18yrs ago and has been garaged ever since motor was rebuilt 15yds ago and has been going on a once a year drive since. Has minor rust in floor

• Administrators
2 hours ago, NickF said:

The cars been there since 2008 so any charges associated with import most likely not really relevant now?

My point was more that for a potential buyer evaluating the option of importing 1 including costs headaches vs buying an already imported car may be justified by the asking price.

2 hours ago, NickF said:

I think I'm becoming a bit of a pedant but for a "restored" car over $100000 I would expect it to be a little closer to "original" or a lot further away.

As in OEM wheels, and engine bay hoses etc..? I guess it will be an interesting 1 to watch to see if it fetches the premium. It sounds like it's well known in the HK community of vintage car owners so may attract a premium for having a reputation.

Rust on the rear bumper is interesting.

Am not surprised. HK would surely not be an ideal place to keep a classic car, thanks to a mix of salt air, humidity, fairly high rainfall, and, so I've been told, for the better heeled who live in elevated areas 'up in the clouds' with all the airborne moisture that that entails. :( 

11 hours ago, gav240z said:

No I don't have any history of it. And yep average photos.

It's already sold, spoke to the guy yesterday. It's the same bloke in Melbourne who keeps buying all the Zeds. Sounded like a pretty tidy car was in storage for a while, all original bits just needed a bit of work. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, ZiggyZelda said:

It's already sold, spoke to the guy yesterday. It's the same bloke in Melbourne who keeps buying all the Zeds. Sounded like a pretty tidy car was in storage for a while, all original bits just needed a bit of work. 

Any idea who that bloke in Melbourne is?

• Administrators

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kenthurst/cars-vans-utes/datsun-240z-1971-manual-original-classic/1283798832

Datsun 240z 1971 manual original classic
$70,000 Negotiable

Miles: 123000

Early build 1971 Datsun 240z
car is in good overall condition Paint is fair
Regretful sale
Is a very honest original body and interior
Has been repainted at some stage no signs of major accident damage has 260z motor other than that car is complete and unmolested original seats and interior, note centre console is damaged, original instruments and cluster
Car runs and drives but will need brakes serviced and front bushes replaced before driving new neoprene bushes come with car to complete front end
Has originals spare wheel cover And I believe spare wheel
Could put on club plates and drive as is carry out rolling resto or a great basis for your own interpretation of the classic 240z
Happy to answer questions or supply more photos

s-l800 (1).webp

s-l800 (2).webp

s-l800 (3).webp

s-l800 (4).webp

s-l800 (5).webp

s-l800 (6).webp

s-l800 (7).webp

s-l800 (8).webp

s-l800 (9).webp

s-l800.webp

• Administrators
On 10/27/2021 at 3:34 PM, gav240z said:

If anyone is able to get the VIN # please let me know? I don't believe I have it on the registry yet.

#HS30 01395

L24 054824

More photos of Bookie Face.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/903493323613291/

Owner https://www.facebook.com/thomas.rawling.5

Interesting, I like the colour. Better priced now. ;D 

Being picky perhaps but I wouldn't call it 'original' seeing as the original motor has been replaced with a 260 motor complete with flat tops. Why?

Are new / repro consoles available for the '71?

And is that front bumper off a '73? Looks wrong...

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, gilltech said:

Are new / repro consoles available for the '71?

Not good ones.

39 minutes ago, gilltech said:

And is that front bumper off a '73? Looks wrong...

Bent lower valance/bumper etc.. indicators look 73. This car is a bit of a bitsa.

Hodge podge of parts from different years.

Bent lower valance/bumper etc.. indicators look 73. This car is a bit of a bitsa. Hodge podge of parts from different years.

That's what I thought. Not my definition of 'original'. :o 

Reminds me of a Zed I went to see many years ago. It was advertised as a 260 2-seat but had 240 panels and parts, an amalgamation of two cars. Wasn't for me.

• 2 weeks later...