Stratford Deceased Estate Auction

markz1234

Good luck so many speculators for any Datsuns these days and what shits me more is they aren't even enthusiasts.

These guys did an auction down the road from me last year, couldn't believe all the cars parked every where then of course some prick flys in on his helicopter!

• Administrators

Thank Gav for that pushing the prices up can't wait for the 2+2 to take off.

If only I had that much influence. I didn't push prices up in North America, Europe or Japan.

I just got tired of hearing people dismiss these cars for so many years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yes 2+2's have gone up, But I cant see them getting to the lofty heights of the 2 seaters - well not for a long time. (as a 2+2 owner I would love them to, but then again I have no plans of selling "The Bus" anytime soon.

I am actually expecting classic cars to come back a little in the back half of this year.

Cheers

PB

1 hour ago, PB260Z said:

I am actually expecting classic cars to come back a little in the back half of this year.

Agreed, or at least relatively soonish. I think we have already seen Zed prices soften marginally from a year to two ago.

• Administrators

Come back as in go up or down?

I think it depends on the housing market and how much "equity mate" people have.

If house prices keep sliding I see Classic Cars being harder to sell.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, gav240z said:

Come back as in go up or down?

I think it depends on the housing market and how much "equity mate" people have.

If house prices keep sliding I see Classic Cars being harder to sell.

Come back as in come down.

and Yes I see the property market changes impacting peoples “paper” equity and also their confidence to buy “toys”

I wasn't able to make it down there myself,  but according to a fellow Z owner who was there the 260Z went for $19,500 to a phone bidder.
It allegedly had some major underlying issues, so the new owner might be in for a bit of a surprise...

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It allegedly had some major underlying issues, so the new owner might be in for a bit of a surprise...

As unfortunately do most “unrestored” Z’s.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HKSZ said:

So 19k becomes almost $22000 with the buyers premium

15% seems a bit steep as a buyers premum, but what can you do ?

Sort of like some real estate agents who 2%+ as comm then hit you for every imaginable “extra” along the way.

in my circle of the friends the wealthy ones are either Car dealers or Real Estate agents.

Rant over

PB

I had a sneaky phone bid for a much lower value, thought I might get lucky and have nobody bid on it!

I reckon 15% is probably a good premium considering that many of their auctions might only sell a total of 30k of stuff, leaving only 4.5k to organise everything etc.

Will be interesting to see if it resurfaces in the next month or so

• Moderators
2 hours ago, gav240z said:

You're friends with those people? Hah.

Occupational hazard in some cases.

Friends - Well, they come around and drink my beer 8)